Thread: The Draft

The Draft

I quickly purchased the latest version of the game, played the first year and the draft has at least 50 players with peaks ranging from 90 to 96. ?? From previous versions you might have 8-10. I haven't counted guy's who's peaks are in the upper 80's. Is there a way to reduce that many - I can see within a few years every player will have peaks in the 90's. ??

Re: The Draft

Quote Originally Posted by nordbye View Post
    I quickly purchased the latest version of the game, played the first year and the draft has at least 50 players with peaks ranging from 90 to 96. ?? From previous versions you might have 8-10. I haven't counted guy's who's peaks are in the upper 80's. Is there a way to reduce that many - I can see within a few years every player will have peaks in the 90's. ??
    Follow this link: http://thegamedesigner.blogspot.com/...label/Football

Read the directions for the article named "Adjusting Rookie Talent Levels in Football Mogul" and this is how you can edit the draft talent within the game! Let me know if you need help at all. I can always edit this myself and send you the file instead if it is easier for me. Hope this helps!
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Thanks Connor, Did you use the txt file in last years game? If so, what where the settings used last year?

Quote Originally Posted by nordbye View Post
    Thanks Connor, Did you use the txt file in last years game? If so, what where the settings used last year?
    We didn't use the text file last year it is a new feature added to this years game to allow regulation for draft classes! I don't believe it was listed as a new feature, but that's because we more so used it to tinker with the current draft class, but luckily it's easy to adjust for any users as well . If you need any help let me know!

As for last years settings, I would just tone down the peak ratings by adding a (-10) or (-15) into that column on the text file. This should help, if it doesn't then continue to use higher negative numbers until you get the desired peaks that you're looking for.

As far as having all 90+ rated players go after a few years, there won't be. It actually works out to be about the same as the amount there is in 2013. This is because some players won't develop as well as others, enjoy!
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

This file doesnt seem to be working very well, i had to do 400 for O-line guys to get the peak from 80 to 90 and as for Tight Ends i still get 5+ 90+(Peak) rated TEs in every draft with -1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard99 View Post
    This file doesnt seem to be working very well, i had to do 400 for O-line guys to get the peak from 80 to 90 and as for Tight Ends i still get 5+ 90+(Peak) rated TEs in every draft with -1000.
    Large numbers won't work, it won't read too high of numbers. Try using -35, that should work. I believe the max +/- number will be around 50. I'll test this right now to let you know.

Also, are you adjusting the correct columns?
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard99 View Post
    So after adjusting the file, I put the numbers (going across) -100,-50,-150, and it works really well. Only one player at 91 (peak of 99) and one/two other players with a peak in the 90's. Use these numbers and adjust by +/-5 in order to get to where you want. Hope this helps!
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

NOTE: The middle column is used for the number of players who's stats are clumped together towards the top. Using the -50 number allows for only one or two players to be near or in the 90's. Be sure to adjust this column if you see too many players at the top.
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Let me know if this helped!
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Try using this file. Let me know how this looks and I'll alter it from there. Thanks!

Instructions on how to install file:

(1) Startup FBM

(2) Go into options and select "Open Game Folder"

(3) Replace the "Draft Talent" text file within that folder with the new file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com