Thread: Instructions for Installing Unofficial Patches

Instructions for Installing Unofficial Patches

This instructions given aren't enough and the past instructions are no longer on the site. I need to know how to unzip, install, etc (not a computer guy). OR, if it were just posted as an update on the website, it would be much easier for all. thanks

2nd question, does updating to 16.10 apply to leagues already started or do you need to start over for the changes to take effect in the league (really not a comp person)

Re: please give instructions on installing 16.10 for comp dummies

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell_3g View Post
    This instructions given aren't enough and the past instructions are no longer on the site. I need to know how to unzip, install, etc (not a computer guy). OR, if it were just posted as an update on the website, it would be much easier for all. thanks
    Here are the steps you need to take:

(1) Go into the thread: "Baseball Mogul 2014: Official Patch (Version 16.10)".
    (2) Download the zip file "v1610-patch.zip".
    (3) Open the folder in which the zip file was downloaded into.
    (4) Here you can do one of two things: 1) Double click the folder to view the contents in the folder, or 2) Right click the folder and press the "Extract All" or "Unzip Folder" button. This will unzip all of the contents that are in the folder.
    (5) The next step is to select both of those files and copy them into the BBM2k14 folder. If you do not know how to get into the BBM folder, start a game, then go into the "Help" menu at the top. Select "Open game folder". This will open the folder where you need to copy the files over. Now copy the files into this folder.
    (6) If any notifications come up that say there is already a file with this name, "Copy and replace" both files. This will put the new files into the folder.
    (7) Close the folder, start a new game in modern mode (this will allow it to update the database).
    (8) Quit the game and enjoy!

If this is too broad or doesn't help at all please e-mail me, or post a question here. I tried to be as explanatory as I could be with this, but it may be tricky to follow. Hope this helps, look for the official downloadable patch to be out in the next couple of days.
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Re: please give instructions on installing 16.10 for comp dummies

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell_3g View Post
    2nd question, does updating to 16.10 apply to leagues already started or do you need to start over for the changes to take effect in the league (really not a comp person)
    It will fix certain bugs. What it won't fix is database fixes like the players that are missing or have the incorrect position. However, it will fix the sim speed, bug crashes, etc.
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com