Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chris J. Nelson's 2013 Opening Day Roster Update for Baseball Mogul 2014

Re: Chris J. Nelson's 2013 Opening Day Roster Update for Baseball Mogul 2014

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the great work you've put into the roster, Chris J. Nelson. I'm just uploading a patch that I did for my own sims -- I've done my best to correct all of the crazy future stat position players. I haven't touched the pitchers, except for Michael Pineda, because their craziness is much more contained.

You shouldn't see any 30-year-old backup catchers with an overall of 75 suddenly becoming MVP players, despite the 75 overall, though!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
    Hello everyone!

Thanks for the great work you've put into the roster, Chris J. Nelson. I'm just uploading a patch that I did for my own sims -- I've done my best to correct all of the crazy future stat position players. I haven't touched the pitchers, except for Michael Pineda, because their craziness is much more contained.

You shouldn't see any 30-year-old backup catchers with an overall of 75 suddenly becoming MVP players, despite the 75 overall, though!
    I have to say I don't really appreciate this post in my thread. If you have suggested changes, I'll make them. Taking my file, changing it, and uploading them to my own thread isn't really a nice thing to do in my opinion.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyWebNet View Post
    I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by glennrwordman View Post
    You may be the greatest American of all time. Of this I have no doubt.

I was able to dl the earlier file with no problem

the file on 6/20 tho just won't show up.

I dl from site
    1 save the file and extract to folder
    I then place the folder in sports mogul
    nothing happens and it won't show up in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by waltwa View Post
    I was able to dl the earlier file with no problem

the file on 6/20 tho just won't show up.

I dl from site
    1 save the file and extract to folder
    I then place the folder in sports mogul
    nothing happens and it won't show up in the game.
    I'm 99% sure the problem is on your end. I just tried the download and it works fine. Try again.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?

Did you adjust teams finances this time around? Or was it just contract info for players?

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemens View Post
    Did you adjust teams finances this time around? Or was it just contract info for players?
    I did not adjust team finances. I don't really have a deep understanding of this aspect or what to adjust. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to consider.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Well the reason I asked is most teams are now showing a modest loss, which I'm sure is just due to more accurate payrolls, but there are a couple teams like NYY and the BoSox who are in line to make huge profits and it's not really clear why that is. The Yankees seemed to pull about 70 million more in profit potential out of thin air. There were a few guys like Dan Johnson that had contracts that were a a lot bigger then they should have been, but no where near that much extra $. You could feasibly build yourself a near 300 million dollar payroll and still be under budget. I don't have the the original .mog you released on the 4th, only a few saved games off it that are years down the road, so I'm not sure what the difference is.

Well the reason I asked is most teams are now showing a modest loss, which I'm sure is just due to more accurate payrolls, but there are a couple teams like NYY and the BoSox who are in line to make huge profits and it's not really clear why that is. The Yankees seemed to pull about 70 million more in profit potential out of thin air. There were a few guys like Dan Johnson that had contracts that were a a lot bigger then they should have been, but no where near that much extra $. You could feasibly build yourself a near 300 million dollar payroll and still be under budget. I don't have the the original .mog you released on the 4th, only a few saved games off it that are years down the road, so I'm not sure what the difference is.
    I did alter the fanbases to what I considered more realistic, so perhaps that's it.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    I did alter the fanbases to what I considered more realistic, so perhaps that's it.
    Yeah. Changing the fan base up or down will change ticket/concession sales.

Yeah. Changing the fan base up or down will change ticket/concession sales.
    Figured. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out how to make it a little better.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Great update, couple things I noticed playing the Cardinals - I don't think Adam Wainwright's contract was correct, as in his extension hadn't been added, and Matt Carpenter should be skilled at 2b too.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredmack View Post
    Great update, couple things I noticed playing the Cardinals - I don't think Adam Wainwright's contract was correct, as in his extension hadn't been added, and Matt Carpenter should be skilled at 2b too.
    You're right, I missed Wainwright's extension. I think it was because it doesn't begin until next year. I've updated it on my roster, and I've also fixed Carpenter's 2B ability.

Thanks for the notes--keep 'em coming!
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

You mentioned the prospects with low predicted AB's. I simmed ahead several seasons with your rosters and the original rosters with and without sanity check on these guys dominate the league after 2015. Matt Adams, Alex Pressley, several others. This should probably be a bug report as it's a problem with the original rosters but fixing your rosters is probably better and would happen faster... Without sanity check these guys hit .400+ with 60-80 HR's!

Go to comish mode, then sortable stats. Check AB's overall rating, peak rating with predicted stats selected. There are a lot of these guys. Not sure if you checked for this or fixed it yet?

I've seen the same as early as year 3....a handful of 430+ batting averages and 30+ homeruns by the allstar break. Can find it right now, but I remember one guy who was at 515 in 200 AB's in 2014, then 440 for 2015 at the break (but out with a season ending injury)