Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chris J. Nelson's 2013 Opening Day Roster Update for Baseball Mogul 2014

Re: Chris J. Nelson's 2013 Opening Day Roster Update for Baseball Mogul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Louddog View Post
    Thanks! I asked about Campana because even with his 77 speed, when I simmed a season awhile back using the original rosters he still had a good number of steals considering his usage. Am I wrong thinking Speed is a primary factor of base stealing? Also, with his low predicted at bats i'm wondering if something else is going on there?
    Yeah the problem was he had so few games/ABs in his predicted stats. Also, speed is not really the primary factor, but predicted steals. I would assume if a guy has a load of triples (and thus high SPD rating) but NO steal attempts, he still would not steal based in simmed conditions.

Regardless, I've changed his predicted stats to look similar to his current AAA stats, then bumped them down a bit since these are MLB projected stats. It puts his speed at 94 and his predicted steals are 17/19.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyWebNet View Post
    I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by glennrwordman View Post
    You may be the greatest American of all time. Of this I have no doubt.

Thanks!

did you update the download link? Looks like the same file still.

did you update the download link? Looks like the same file still.
    I've only uploaded the initial file.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?

Am I wrong thinking Speed is a primary factor of base stealing?
    I'd have to check with Clay on how he programmed it into the game this year, but in real life stealing bases is more than just having phenomenal speed. I know from personal experience, having played baseball until my graduation from college (I don't mean to come off as a know-it-all lol, this is just my observation after 17 years of baseball). Having excellent base running abilities can also allow players to steal a lot of bases. Maybe not as much as a player who has 99 speed, but they can still swipe bags. You have to remember that the average catcher throws out a runner 33% of the time if he is good, which gives the runner at least a 67% of stealing the base (at times, depends on the catcher and runner obviously). This is a real life assumption though, and since BM is supposed to represent realism at it's highest point, I would say that there is more to stealing than just speed.

As for the roster Chris, it looks fantastic! You really did a great job on it. I'll continually look into it to see if I can spot anything wrong with the rosters, but being able to have the 40-man roster with prospects is amazing. Thanks for your contribution! We're working out all the bugs as we speak, 16.10 should be fixing most of them. Although we can't get to all of them, we're trying to handle the major ones. Keep an eye out on the Bug Report for "[Fixed 16.10]" for the upcoming fixes in the next patch ! Hope you guys are enjoying Chris' roster, I know I will.
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmilliken View Post
    I'd have to check with Clay on how he programmed it into the game this year, but in real life stealing bases is more than just having phenomenal speed.
    Checked with Clay, there are stats based on Stealing Tendency and Stealing Ability (percentage of how well you can steal). Just go into their player card and go to the Skills tab. You will then be able to see both of these stats. I haven't checked that specific player yet, but I'm sure that these stats for him are decently high or at least above average. Sorry for responding to a post that was already answered, didn't see that there were two pages haha.
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmilliken View Post
    I'd have to check with Clay on how he programmed it into the game this year, but in real life stealing bases is more than just having phenomenal speed. I know from personal experience, having played baseball until my graduation from college (I don't mean to come off as a know-it-all lol, this is just my observation after 17 years of baseball). Having excellent base running abilities can also allow players to steal a lot of bases. Maybe not as much as a player who has 99 speed, but they can still swipe bags. You have to remember that the average catcher throws out a runner 33% of the time if he is good, which gives the runner at least a 67% of stealing the base (at times, depends on the catcher and runner obviously). This is a real life assumption though, and since BM is supposed to represent realism at it's highest point, I would say that there is more to stealing than just speed.

As for the roster Chris, it looks fantastic! You really did a great job on it. I'll continually look into it to see if I can spot anything wrong with the rosters, but being able to have the 40-man roster with prospects is amazing. Thanks for your contribution! We're working out all the bugs as we speak, 16.10 should be fixing most of them. Although we can't get to all of them, we're trying to handle the major ones. Keep an eye out on the Bug Report for "[Fixed 16.10]" for the upcoming fixes in the next patch ! Hope you guys are enjoying Chris' roster, I know I will.
    Glad you're enjoying it! Should be releasing an update soon!
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

A little nitpick but Cardinals are missing Seth Maness, he was their Minor League Pitcher of the Year last year. Great rosters though! thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by jaredmack View Post
    A little nitpick but Cardinals are missing Seth Maness, he was their Minor League Pitcher of the Year last year. Great rosters though! thanks so much!
    I thought he was in there! I will add him in the next release which will be Monday. Thanks!
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

is there anyway this can be included in the 16.10 patch for modern and custom modes? it would be great if this could all be included in that patch, so that i can just download that patch instead of downloading the patch then also downloading this zip patch for the rosters. i'm not that great with getting zip files to work for me, so the less i have to do with that the better. but, this may not be possible, but if it is it would be great if it could be included with the 16.10 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky1 View Post
    is there anyway this can be included in the 16.10 patch for modern and custom modes? it would be great if this could all be included in that patch, so that i can just download that patch instead of downloading the patch then also downloading this zip patch for the rosters. i'm not that great with getting zip files to work for me, so the less i have to do with that the better. but, this may not be possible, but if it is it would be great if it could be included with the 16.10 patch.
    Dude, zip files are basic stuff. Gotta learn sometime. It's a piece of cake.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Guys, as you may or may not know, some players have very few ABs in their predicted stats, causing their progression to grow by leaps and bounds. For example, Ryan Lavarnway in my dynasty hit .415 and OBPed .577 in 2014. (See laughable attached screen!) I've fixed him but if you see anyone else with crazy stats in future seasons possibly due to this issue, let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

I'm not sure if this is a case of that, or perhaps just a case of the simulation taking off into it's own fictional world, but I'm halfway through the 2013 season as the Astros and Jon Ely is a 88/90 out of no where. His stats aren't anything crazy, at least not yet. 3.70 ERA, .219 OBA, 46 hits in 56 IP.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbc23 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a case of that, or perhaps just a case of the simulation taking off into it's own fictional world, but I'm halfway through the 2013 season as the Astros and Jon Ely is a 88/90 out of no where. His stats aren't anything crazy, at least not yet. 3.70 ERA, .219 OBA, 46 hits in 56 IP.
    Very odd. In Commish Mode looking at my roster, he's a 79/81 and he actually has terrible potential (peak ages 28-31 and a potential rating of 50) so I'd chalk that up to the game just being wonky. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

NEW ROSTER RELEASE!

Hey guys,

I've released my second version of the roster, which is available through the same download link in the original post of this thread. Here are the details:

• Nearly complete updated salary info for all players/teams. In most cases, a player’s 2013 salary was AVERAGED over the length of his contract, rather than set at his actual 2013 salary. For example, if a player has a two-year, $10 million contract but makes $4 million in 2013 and $6 million in 2014, his salary in the game will be $5 million for each of those two seasons. This is the best way of doing it since the game does not allow for unique salaries each year of a contract. Team and player options were also added to reflect real-life contracts.
    • Corrected Vitals (birth places, colleges, heights, weights, skin tones) for Arizona, Atlanta and Baltimore (more to come)
    • Updated uniform colors for all teams for PBP
    • Updated names, capacities and dimensions for all stadiums
    • The first 30 real-life draft picks added to the 2013 amateur draft pool
    • Various other tweaks and fixes to ratings, positions, vitals, etc.

As always, please let me know any comments, corrections, criticisms or suggestions you have have. Enjoy!
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---