Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chris J. Nelson's 2013 Opening Day Roster Update for Baseball Mogul 2014

Chris J. Nelson's 2013 Opening Day Roster Update for Baseball Mogul 2014

Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?74swbr9sa0a2ipw (updated June 20, 2013)

Introduction
    Thank you for downloading my 2013 Opening Day roster update for Baseball Mogul 2014!

While I have been an avid player of this franchise for years now and an active member of the mod community (primarily with my photo and logo sets), I have not done rosters for some time now due in large part to the quality work done by my good friend HoustonGM.

As I am sure you are aware by now, HoustonGM was unable to do roster updates for this year’s game, understandably but unfortunately leaving all of us without his usual excellent work that makes these games so much better. It is because of that that I decided to undertake my own roster update project this year, although I do not expect to even approach the same level of excellence HoustonGM was known for.

My goal with this update was to provide a more accurate, deeper and detailed roster than the default one that came with the game. While I release my first version here on June 4, 2013, it should be noted that this set is a work in progress and I encourage suggestions, corrects and requests at all times. I suspect I will be updating this file quite often over the coming months and I hope all of you will provide your own guidance as to how to make it as good as it can possibly be.

As I said, this roster is far from perfect, and I should explain what I’ve done and what I have not done so that users know what they can expect.

What this initial roster includes:
    • All players on MLB 40-man rosters as of Opening Day 2013
    • At least the top 10 prospects for each team per MLB.com
    • A majority of the teams’ Triple-A players as of Opening Day 2013
    • Accurate 25-man rosters, lineups, rotations and bullpens as of Opening Day 2013 (Please note that the game will adjust the computer teams in these areas once they start the game. Hopefully, ratings should keep the rosters fairly accurate to start with, but I did not forsake accurate ratings just so the game would keep the Opening Day rosters intact.)
    • Updated ratings and positions that I feel better reflect real-life ability and performance
    • Updated injury lengths for disabled/suspended players (obviously, players that have no yet debuted in real life have projected injury lengths, whereas players that have returned sometime between Opening Day and the present have totally accurate lengths.)

What this roster does not include (yet):
    • Updated rosters for any point in time after Opening Day. If you’re wondering why Carlos Zambrano isn’t in the Phillies’ system or K-Rod isn’t on the Brewers, this is why. It was far easier to update the roster solely for Opening Day (which is when you start a game anyway in Mogul) rather than try to keep it up-to-date for the rolling present.
    • Updated vital information/skin tones/pitch types, etc. All information for players I’ve created is accurate and I’ve corrected mistakes here and there as I’ve come across them (C.C. Sabathia is now CC Sabathia, Philip Hughes is now Phil Hughes, etc.) but again, I have no made this a focus and I have not updated every player in this manner.

As you can see, my primary focus with this initial release was getting accurate and deep rosters in terms of personal and doing some basic ratings updating so that you (and I) can jump in any play. This is plenty of work still to be done with your help, but I hope this initial release provides a somewhat satisfying addition to your game.

Please comment on this thread with any updates/suggestions you may have and I will gladly update them if they make sense.

Installing Roster and Starting a Game
    1. Download the ZIP file and unzip the included files into the main Baseball Mogul 2014 folder, typically located at C:\Sports Mogul\Baseball Mogul 14
    2. Launch the Baseball Mogul 2014 application
    3. From the Welcome menu, choose “Resume a Previously Saved Game”
    4. Select my “Roster.mog” from the available files and click “Resume Game”
    5. From the Game Menu, select League>League Editor.
    6. Choose the team(s) you wish to control. In the Team Owner section, toggle from “Computer” to “Human” and enter your desired name.
    7. Click “Done” and choose “Yes” when prompted about turning Commissioner Mode off.

You are now ready to begin your dynasty in Baseball Mogul 2014!

Update History
    June 4: Initial release. Includes all players on MLB 40-man rosters as of Opening Day 2013; the top 10 prospects for each organization (as well as many others); many players on each team’s Triple-A affiliate as of Opening Day 2013; many newly-created players not found in the default roster; updated ratings/positions to reflect real-life performance and utilization.

June 20: This update adds the following changes:
    • Nearly complete updated salary info for all players/teams. In most cases, a player’s 2013 salary was AVERAGED over the length of his contract, rather than set at his actual 2013 salary. For example, if a player has a two-year, $10 million contract but makes $4 million in 2013 and $6 million in 2014, his salary in the game will be $5 million for each of those two seasons. This is the best way of doing it since the game does not allow for unique salaries each year of a contract. Team and player options were also added to reflect real-life contracts.
    • Corrected Vitals (birth places, colleges, heights, weights, skin tones) for Arizona, Atlanta and Baltimore (more to come)
    • Updated uniform colors for all teams for PBP
    • Updated names, capacities and dimensions for all stadiums
    • The first 30 real-life draft picks added to the 2013 amateur draft pool
    • Various other tweaks and fixes to ratings, positions, vitals, etc.

Contact
    I am always accessible via PM or reply to my threads on the Sports Mogul forums.

Additionally, feel free to email me at cnelson13@gmail.com with any suggestions, comments or submissions!
    Last edited by ChrisJNelson; 06-20-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyWebNet View Post
    I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by glennrwordman View Post
    You may be the greatest American of all time. Of this I have no doubt.

Re: Chris J. Nelson's 2013 Opening Day Roster Update for Baseball Mogul 2014

Thanks Chris!

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!

Looks Good. Thanks!

Thank's Chris... Since I downloaded and looked at the AZ Diamondbacks, I have started my season all over again. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by okiemcguire View Post
    Thank's Chris... Since I downloaded and looked at the AZ Diamondbacks, I have started my season all over again. Thanks again
    I've updated Arizona since this release with better heights/weights/skin tones/salaries if you'd like me to send you that file!
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?

Just a quick note, you have Chris Bootcheck in the Yankees farm as a reliever. He was a reliever in his younger days, but the Yankees are using him as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    I've updated Arizona since this release with better heights/weights/skin tones/salaries if you'd like me to send you that file!
    Yes, Please..... Thank you for all of your efforts and products that makes BM just that much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemens View Post
    Just a quick note, you have Chris Bootcheck in the Yankees farm as a reliever. He was a reliever in his younger days, but the Yankees are using him as a starter.
    I've upped his endurance to 59 so that he has more ability to go innings as a reliever. However, he's not a realistic MLB starting candidate and never will be, so I don't think he needs to project as an SP in the game.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by okiemcguire View Post
    Yes, Please..... Thank you for all of your efforts and products that makes BM just that much better...
    Here you go! Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    I've upped his endurance to 59 so that he has more ability to go innings as a reliever. However, he's not a realistic MLB starting candidate and never will be, so I don't think he needs to project as an SP in the game.
    Nah, I didn't mean to imply he should be viable starter, just that he should be streched out enough to eat 3 or 4 innings if needed, which you have done!

Nice job, thanks! Two nit picky things on the D'backs:
    1. Miguel Montero's arm is only 81. He's thrown out 40% of base stealers the last couple years.
    2. Patrick Corbin's endurance is only 50.

And I don't get why Tony Campana's speed is only 77? If the dude could hit at all he could be Vince Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Louddog View Post
    Nice job, thanks! Two nit picky things on the D'backs:
    1. Miguel Montero's arm is only 81. He's thrown out 40% of base stealers the last couple years.
    2. Patrick Corbin's endurance is only 50.

And I don't get why Tony Campana's speed is only 77? If the dude could hit at all he could be Vince Coleman.
    Thanks, I've fixed these. And when you ask "why is this guy's rating only X?" the reason is probably because that's how he came in the game and I couldn't possibly go into that much detail fixing everyone's ratings. In general, my focus with ratings was to get OVRs, projected averages and ERAs, etc.

Keep the suggestions coming.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Randomly, Santiago Casilla has 85 endurance on my roster, and won the Cy Young when I simmed a season. This will be fixed.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Thanks! I asked about Campana because even with his 77 speed, when I simmed a season awhile back using the original rosters he still had a good number of steals considering his usage. Am I wrong thinking Speed is a primary factor of base stealing? Also, with his low predicted at bats i'm wondering if something else is going on there?