Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roster/Ratings Problem Thread!

Roster/Ratings Problem Thread!

I figured it might be helpful to start a thread to post all the roster and ratings issues that need correcting so heres mine, with updated 16.02 version.

Robinson Cano is a 73-60-79 on defense
    Mark Teixeira should be injured,
    Dan Johnson is an 85 overall?!?!
    Russell Branyan is an 82 Overall
    Derek Jeter is underrated in every category (when isnt he in this game?)
    Juan River an 83 Overall
    Michael Pineda a 91/93 (way too high) and should be injured
    Mitch Maier and 83 overall
    Dave Ross an 86 overall
    Ivan Rodriguez Still a Free Agent, should be retired.
    Jim Thome Still a 3B
    Most of the top free agent hitters are all way too high

just a few i noticed on yankees red sox and free agency

Re: Roster/Ratings Problem Thread!

I have kept up with all roster moves and adjusted ratings to realistic numbers as best as I can. Can anybody tell me how to post a file on here for people to download and use for updated rosters?

You place way too much value on the overall ratings for players. Baseball Mogul has always had the tendency to place higher weight on power vitals hence why guys like Johnson and Branyan have seemingly high overall ratings. It's more important to note and study the individual vitals rather than give too much weight on the overall ratings, at least in my opinion.

There are way too many roster discrepancies to even keep track of.

The database looks nearly identical to the one that opened the 2012 season, with a handful of mid/offseason changes.

The fact that the late Greg Halman is even on a roster in this game shows that these are either not the rosters intended to be added, or they were straight up never updated. I just need to know from Clay how much more up to date he can get these rosters for us.

I don't mind filling out each team's farm system by creating a load of prospects on my own, I do that every year. I just need to know if 40 man rosters will be updated, and significant minor league moves will be made. Then I'll feel reassured and won't begin a roster overhaul on my own just yet.

But come on, I can't play this game if there are deceased players actively floating around etc.

The roster errors are much more egregious with the Miami Marlins. The Miami Marlins in this latest version still have 1B Gaby Sanchez who was traded mid-season last season to the Pittsburgh Pirates, RP Heath Bell who was traded this off-season to the Arizona Diamondbacks, SP Carlos Zambrano and RP Juan Oviedo who were let go into free agency by the team, CF Aaron Rowand who was released before last season even started, RP Edward Mujica who was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals before the deadline last season, and the Marlins do not have any of the prospects they acquired in the major trade this off-season with the Blue Jays except for Hechavarria who is listed at the totally incorrect position (should be SS, not 3B) as are Placido Polanco (should be 3B, not 2B) and Logan Morrison (should be 1B, not LF). Additionally, the traditional scouting ratings seem to be way, way off on most players.

What is a point in buying a new version if it is not better.. I buy the new version for the improvements and updated new roster.. but it seems like this new version lacks both.. I guess it maybe is a good idea to start buying every 2-3 years.. or just switch to other baseball management games

It's become apparent that without HoustonGM's rosters, this game is basically unplayable anymore.

I have really good rosters and ratings that i've done myself...I just dont know how to put a file on here for everyone to download

I don't either. Might try to ask Pete or some of the other regular roster posters.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyh92002 View Post
    I have really good rosters and ratings that i've done myself...I just dont know how to put a file on here for everyone to download
    When you make your post, scroll down below the message box and click on "Manage Attachments." From there, click Choose File from Computer at the top of the dialog box and select the .mog file that you have updated the rosters on. Once you see the .mog file in the dialog box, click on the Upload button. After it has been uploaded, then submit your post like normal and it will be attached.

Is this with perfect scouting?
    “The bases are loaded, just like [Marlins manager] Jack McKeon probably wishes he was.”
    -Skip Caray
    RIP 8/12/1939- 8/3/2008

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...ething-Special

St. Louis Cardinals:

Shane Robinson - Hitting 3rd, starting in CF.
    Jon Jay - Batting leadoff, which is right, but RF? No.
    Carlos Beltran - DL for 38? Too long.
    David Freese - DL for 38? Probably back next week.
    Bryan Anderson - On MLB bench -- CHW property.
    Erik Komatsu - On MLB bench -- WSH AA.
    Eugenio Velez - MLB bench -- TOR AAA.
    Mark Hamilton - In AAA -- BOS AAA.
    Alex Cora - In AAA -- retired.
    Tony Cruz - 73/92? 75 is about his cap.
    Zack Cox - In AA -- MIA property.
    Oscar Taveras - 56/81. Much too low.

On to pitching..

Kyle Lohse - In MLB rotation, should at least be a FA. I realize asking him to be a Brewer is perhaps too much.
    Scott Linebrink - In MLB bullpen -- retired.
    Adam Ottavino - In AAA -- Spent all 2012 in Colorado bullpen, still COL property..
    Bryan Augenstein - In AAA -- MIN property.
    Chuckie Fick - In AA -- HOU property.
    RJ Swindle - FA.
    Adam Reifer - FA.
    Brandon Dickson - In AAA -- Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbc23 View Post
    St. Louis Cardinals:

Carlos Beltran - DL for 38? Too long.
    David Freese - DL for 38? Probably back next week.
    When u factor in the the game starts on March 1st, not today, then 38 days would be next week

This is what I had for the Blue Jays (and this isn't necessarily comprehensive):

Should be on the Jays:
    Brad Lincoln (PIT)
    Steve Delabar (SEA)
    J A Happ (HOU)
    Nickeas (NYM)
    DeRosa (WAS)

Also, R A Dickey should have a Knuckleball.

Should not be on the Jays:
    Thames (SEA)
    Cordero (HOU)
    Ben Francisco (NYY)
    Wojciechowski (HOU?)
    Musgrove (HOU?)
    Rollins (HOU?)
    Carlos Perez (HOU)
    Nicolino (MIA)
    Marisnik (MIA)
    Descalfini (MIA)
    D'Arnaud (NYM)
    Syndergaard (NYM)
    Bucerra (NYM)

Also, Brandon Lyon should be on the Mets, not Houston, and David Carpenter should go from Houston to Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Masson26 View Post
    When u factor in the the game starts on March 1st, not today, then 38 days would be next week
    Good call. Didn't take that into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by iklinck View Post
    Should not be on the Jays:
    Cordero (HOU)
    Cordero should be a FA.