Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Malala Yousfzai

Malala Yousfzai

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alayna...b_1971187.html

I was banned from several Amanda Todd forums for trying to enlighten people and give them a real teen girl to immortalize.

Malala is a bad ass.
    Yeah, I'm from Pittsburgh. I love both our sports teams.

Re: Malala Yousfzai

Quote Originally Posted by Jayeburgh View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alayna...b_1971187.html

I was banned from several Amanda Todd forums for trying to enlighten people and give them a real teen girl to immortalize.

Malala is a bad ass.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

SM needs an Amanda Todd subforum.

I really don't see where you get off attempting to "enlighten" people rightfully upset over Amanda Todd.
    derp

I really don't see where you get off attempting to "enlighten" people rightfully upset over Amanda Todd.
    Yeah, it comes off as being incredibly douchy. Both are sad stories and lessons should be learned from both of them, no need to demean one story about someone to push up another.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

lern 2 english

One girl had her life almost taken for wanting to go to school. Another flashed her tits to some random stranger online, then instead of her parents helping her face her mistakes, they teach her that she is a victim and to run from them. Then she sleeps with another girl's boyfriend and gets beat up by the girl and her friends. She then kills herself.

So yeah, one of these girls has my pity. The other doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
    One girl had her life almost taken for wanting to go to school. Another flashed her tits to some random stranger online, then instead of her parents helping her face her mistakes, they teach her that she is a victim and to run from them. Then she sleeps with another girl's boyfriend and gets beat up by the girl and her friends. She then kills herself.

So yeah, one of these girls has my pity. The other doesn't.
    /14 year old deserved it

Is it really too much that we not be in the business of comparing tragedies? Don't feel bad about what happened to Amanda Todd because something that happened in Pakistan is worse? Get the F out of here.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

Quote Originally Posted by haveacigar View Post
    /14 year old deserved it
    Not having pity for someone isn't the same as saying she deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
    Not having pity for someone isn't the same as saying she deserved it.
    There are times to put things bluntly.

A 14 year old committing suicide over mistakes a lot of 14 year olds make isn't one of those times.

Also, comparing tragedies is ****ed up. Lets play the one up game somewhere else.

Well look, simply put, there's really no way to go about trying to compare people's level of tragedy without sounding like an *******.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

Quote Originally Posted by haveacigar View Post
    Well look, simply put, there's really no way to go about trying to compare people's level of tragedy without sounding like an *******.
    agreed. my issue with the Amanda Todd story is that I suspect there's much more to the story that isn't being told as people don't want to trample on her grave, for lack of better words. I'll say what many won't, I find it hard to believe this transpired solely because she flashed her breasts one time to an online predator. I know kids are nasty at times, but I have a hard time believing that alone led to what transpired. There's no reason to get into it though. She's made mistakes, just like all of us and she didn't deserve to be chased around the country. NOTHING justifies what she went through and nothing justifies bullying. I have no problem with her parents pulling her from the school(s). Other than that I really have passed no judgement. I sympathise for her and her family. I feel bad that she took her life, I feel bad she was bullied, but i'm not going to martyrize her as I see others doing because she took her life as a result of bullying. I pray for her soul, for her friends and family but most importantly for others in similar positions.

As for Malala, it's comical how people color all of religion with this. Again, i'd counter with that it was a lack of religion that caused it. Weak people who want to remain in power, want to remain in control, who claim to be holy yet use religion to distort it in a manner to maintain their power and control others. It's happened throughout history. If they were truly acting by their faith they would not be able to commit these acts. Malala was attacked because she stood up to bullies. She stood up against oppression. I do believe that story deserves more attention. I don't see how that could be reasonably argued.

These two stories are actually closely related when you think about it. People who yearn for control and power bullying to obtain it. By shooting Malala, the Taliban attempts to bully any who would oppose their rule. By bullying Todd, they were able to feel control and power over her and maybe the felt it gave them a higher status in their clique.

Name:  amandatodd.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  37.6 KB
    Yeah, I'm from Pittsburgh. I love both our sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayeburgh View Post
    Name:  amandatodd.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  37.6 KB
    the one on the left posted a youtube video that caught the attention of the nation explaining why she was committing suicide. the one on the right did not. that's the reason for the one on the left has garnered national attention and the one on the right has not. Unfortunately, i'd agree that part of the reason her video caught the attention of the nation is because she was attractive. Had the one on the right did similar, I doubt it would have gotten the same response.