Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 349

Thread: Trayvon Martin Murder

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Savoy, IL
    Posts
    7,714

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Honestly, there really wasn't a reason to arrest him. Zimmerman wasn't a flight risk or an imminent danger to the community, and he was volunteering statements. The investigation can be conducted without an arrest.
    Illini.

    Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    i see it differently. i don't think the cops should automatically make an arrest. it's there job to have reasonable cause.
    Probable cause...and, as HAC explained, they had plenty.

    Quote Originally Posted by haveacigar View Post
    Honestly, there really wasn't a reason to arrest him. Zimmerman wasn't a flight risk or an imminent danger to the community, and he was volunteering statements. The investigation can be conducted without an arrest.
    Zimmerman followed a teenager while carrying a loaded weapon. When the kid realized he was being followed by some random stranger, he began to run (as most 17 year old kids would) and Zimmerman exited his car and engaged in a foot pursuit of the teenager, in direct conflict with what a 911 operator instructed him to do. It resulted in Zimmerman fatally shooting the unarmed teenager. Why in the world shouldn't the police have considered him a potential danger to the community?

    According to multiple reports that I have read, the police did not even confiscate Zimmerman's weapon. At the very, very least, his weapon should have been taken as evidence. That it wasn't (according to every report I've seen that's mentioned it) is absolutely insane and yet another mistake tacked on to this mangled "investigation."

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,394

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    According to multiple reports that I have read, the police did not even confiscate Zimmerman's weapon. At the very, very least, his weapon should have been taken as evidence. That it wasn't (according to every report I've seen that's mentioned it) is absolutely insane and yet another mistake tacked on to this mangled "investigation."
    Because there was no intention to investigate. Remember, Trayvon Martin laid dead on a gurney for three days as a John Doe before being reported as a missing person ... there was no effort made to even find the next of kin.
    derp

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    according to the orlando sentinal, numerous other publications posting the same article, and the police...the gun was pulled:

    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...spicious-death

    latest article i've read on:

    Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/murder-...#ixzz1qJOBQMqK

    Police also confirmed a report that the watchman claimed Martin was the aggressor, punching him in the nose and smacking his head on a footpath.
    Meanwhile, the Orlando Sentinel reported that Zimmerman told police he lost Martin in the neighborhood he regularly patrolled and was walking back to his vehicle when the youth approached him from behind.
    The two exchanged words, Zimmerman said, and Martin then punched him in the nose, jumped on top of him and began banging his head on a footpath.

    Zimmerman said he began crying for help; Martin's family thinks it was their son who was crying out. Witness accounts differ and 911 tapes in which the voices are heard are not clear.

    The Sanford police statement said the newspaper story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors.
    It's possible the police are in damage control mode. We'll find out as this progresses. It just seems too many want to fall in line with the family and media circus created by a racially charged atmosphere which was started with many half-truths and misunderstandings because they want to see someone pay regardless of any facts.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    It's possible the police are in damage control mode. We'll find out as this progresses. It just seems too many want to fall in line with the family and media circus created by a racially charged atmosphere which was started with many half-truths and misunderstandings because they want to see someone pay regardless of any facts.
    Or, they want the facts to come out. You know, that's the whole point of calling for an actual police investigation.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    Or, they want the facts to come out. You know, that's the whole point of calling for an actual police investigation.
    lol, HGM...how many more lies have to surface before you at least start to question the motivation of this thing?

    yeah, they are on a fact finding mission . Thats why they are spreading half-truths and lies. We have at least three crystal clear ones that we know of thus far:

    1. The police conducted no investigation. We know the police interviewed many, brought Zimmerman to the station for interviews. You can question the quality of the investigation...we'll get more on that later, but the "there was no investigation" crap is a falsity that needs to stop.

    2. Zimmerman was allowed to hop in his truck and leave the scene. False. He was handcuffed, put into a cruiser and taken to the station.

    3. Zimmerman was allowed to keep his gun. False. The gun was confiscated.

    I can't wait for the truth to come out regarding the kids identification so we don't have to listen to Kobie tell us again that the cops were merely letting the body rot in the morgue and making "no" attempts to identify. I find that hard to believe in any situation, and in one filled with as many lies and falsities as this one....i'm going to need to see some clear evidence of that to give it any credence whatsoever.

    It's not unlikely that the police made mistakes. I don't know, but it happens moreso than not so i'll agree that it's possible. But it's also not unlikely that a mob not wanting to hear the truth and wanting their version of "justice", which is nothing less than a public hanging without a trial, began spreading lies based upon race and got traction with the media and equal rights leaders/groups and then the police did a terrible job communicating to defuse it before it went off.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    oh, and i didn't include a clear fourth lie about two gun shots being fired because nobody in this thread had mentioned it and there has been no official statement from the police regarding it.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    lol, HGM...how many more lies have to surface before you at least start to question the motivation of this thing?
    I'm questioning the entire thing, which is why a thorough investigation is necessary when things like this happen, rather than simply listening to the shooter's story and letting him go. You are clinging to every thing that comes out that paints Trayvon Martin as the bad guy and ignoring everything that says otherwise and calling anyone who brings up opposing things a liar.

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    1. The police conducted no investigation. We know the police interviewed many, brought Zimmerman to the station for interviews. You can question the quality of the investigation...we'll get more on that later, but the "there was no investigation" crap is a falsity that needs to stop.
    There wasn't "no investigation", sure, in that...the police didn't just dump Martin's body, say bye bye to Zimmerman, and never speak of it again. What there was was an absurdly half-assed investigation.

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    3. Zimmerman was allowed to keep his gun. False. The gun was confiscated.
    Cite. After further searching, I've found some things that say the gun was confiscated, although far more that say otherwise. Once again, conflicting reports, yet you claim that the anti-Martin side is "fact" and anything else is a lie.

    Practically every aspect of this case has had multiple conflicting reports. You insist that practically everything that supports the dead teenager is a lie and anything that supports Zimmerman is fact. I insist that we just don't know for sure and that is why it is a great injustice that this case has taken over a month to begin being properly handled by authorities. Further, regardless of who was the "aggressor", Trayvon's Martin was tragic and needless and resulted as a direct consequence of George Zimmerman's reckless actions.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    I'm questioning the entire thing, which is why a thorough investigation is necessary when things like this happen, rather than simply listening to the shooter's story and letting him go. You are clinging to every thing that comes out that paints Trayvon Martin as the bad guy and ignoring everything that says otherwise and calling anyone who brings up opposing things a liar.
    No i most certainly am not. I am listening to facts and not spin. There very well could be things the police did wrong, and I mentioned that more than once. When the facts come out explaining them than i'll give them merit.

    There wasn't "no investigation", sure, in that...the police didn't just dump Martin's body, say bye bye to Zimmerman, and never speak of it again. What there was was an absurdly half-assed investigation.
    there is more than one inference within this thread that there was "no investigation". In fact I believe you said at one point something to the effect of, "the police were doing nothing". As for there being an "absurdly half-assed investigation", if you have any facts that bear that to be true please bring them forward. If not, it's just spin created by the many half-truths and blatant lies that have surfaced
    Cite. After further searching, I've found some things that say the gun was confiscated, although far more that say otherwise. Once again, conflicting reports, yet you claim that the anti-Martin side is "fact" and anything else is a lie.
    I provided you with the Orlando Sentinal in which the police said it was confiscated and is filed as evidence! That article has been posted by many major publications around the country. Show me a conflicting report that bears as much credence as major newspapers claiming that the police have informed them that the gun was confiscated and is in police possession?
    Practically every aspect of this case has had multiple conflicting reports. You insist that practically everything that supports the dead teenager is a lie and anything that supports Zimmerman is fact. I insist that we just don't know for sure and that is why it is a great injustice that this case has taken over a month to begin being properly handled by authorities. Further, regardless of who was the "aggressor", Trayvon's Martin was tragic and needless and resulted as a direct consequence of George Zimmerman's reckless actions.
    I insist only to discuss facts and leave the rest as speculation taken with a grain of salt. I'm open minded entirely on this as I said in my first post. You claim to want to know facts and talk of great injustices yet yourself have spread unfounded half-truths and lies as if they were fact. Stop speculating and wait for the facts to come out. You want to claim Zimmerman was reckless....sure he should'n't have followed but so what. You don't know what happened after that. Maybe it is as he said, he stopped following and was walking back to his truck when Martin confronted him. If Martin was the "aggressor" than you're wrong. Martins actions bear consequence too and Zimmerman in that instance would be the victim. No surprise you wish to blame the victim...but again...let the facts bear out and stop with the speculation. Especially since so much of the speculation has been proven wrong thus far.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...9#.T3HBx9XNleM

    new piece to the story as the initial statements given by Zimmerman claim that after he was being assaulted Martin went for his gun which is when he pulled it and shot him.
    George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
    again, not saying the account is true....just giving the facts as they are presented, and it appears this was the actual written statement of zimmerman in the interview taken the day of the shooting. Of course, this is assuming ABC did their job and vetted the "source".

    Corey's team is now reinvestigating a case that the Sanford Police Department is accused of bungling. Possible police missteps include failing to administer a toxicology exam on Zimmerman, not impounding his car, and failing to contact key witnesses -- like Martin's girlfriend, who was talking to the teen by cell phone and heard most of the scuffle with Zimmerman unfold.

    ABC News has learned there is tremendous pressure from local and state authorities for an arrest.

    Corey said parts of the investigation might only take a few more days to complete but charges, if they ever come, could be weeks away.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    No i most certainly am not. I am listening to facts and not spin. There very well could be things the police did wrong, and I mentioned that more than once. When the facts come out explaining them than i'll give them merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    there is more than one inference within this thread that there was "no investigation". In fact I believe you said at one point something to the effect of, "the police were doing nothing". As for there being an "absurdly half-assed investigation", if you have any facts that bear that to be true please bring them forward. If not, it's just spin created by the many half-truths and blatant lies that have surfaced.
    To you, anything that confirms your preconceived notions is "fact" and anything else is "spin."

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    I provided you with the Orlando Sentinal in which the police said it was confiscated and is filed as evidence! That article has been posted by many major publications around the country. Show me a conflicting report that bears as much credence as major newspapers claiming that the gun was confiscated and is in police possession?
    You did, overlooked it. It appears that this conflicting report was false.

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    I insist only to discuss facts and leave the rest as speculation taken with a grain of salt. I'm open minded entirely on this as I said in my first post. You claim to want to know facts and talk of great injustices yet yourself have spread unfounded half-truths and lies as if they were fact. Stop speculating and wait for the facts to come out. You want to claim Zimmerman was reckless....sure he should'n't have followed but so what.
    But so what? A 17 year old kid is dead. That's what.

    Zimmerman should have remained in his car and let the police handle it. By escalating the situation beyond reporting someone he believed was acting suspiciously to the police, he was acting in a reckless manner. There is no "speculation" there, just fact, which you claim is the only thing you wish to discuss.

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    You don't know what happened after that. Maybe it is as he said, he stopped following and was walking back to his truck when Martin confronted him. If Martin was the "aggressor" than you're wrong. Martins actions bear consequence too and Zimmerman in that instance would be the victim. No surprise you wish to blame the victim...but again...let the facts bear out and stop with the speculation. Especially since so much of the speculation has been proven wrong thus far.
    And now you spin it around and claim that I wish to "blame the victim"? Wow.

    A 17 year old boy is dead and by calling the shooter's actions reckless, I am blaming the victim.

    Just ****ing wow. I should have ignored you when I said I was going to originally.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    To you, anything that confirms your preconceived notions is "fact" and anything else is "spin."
    interesting as I have no preconceived notions. Well, to be fully honest, I have already stated that I believe Zimmerman likely to be guilty here of manslaughter. I stated I was speculating on what happened based upon what I read, but my "preconceived notion", if you must, is that Zimmerman is guilty and is documented as such in this thread. It's loose however and I am very openminded to "facts" from both sides and despite my preconceived notion believe it's very possible i could be wrong and Zimmerman could in fact be innocent.

    But so what? A 17 year old kid is dead. That's what.

    Zimmerman should have remained in his car and let the police handle it. By escalating the situation beyond reporting someone he believed was acting suspiciously to the police, he was acting in a reckless manner. There is no "speculation" there, just fact, which you claim is the only thing you wish to discuss.
    Yes he should have remained in his car and he did act in a reckless manner. Acting in a reckless manner does not however make one guilty of anything. We can go back to leaving my car unlocked or the woman wearing promiscuous clothing through a dark alley in a rough neighborhood. Both instances you claimed to be "reckless" in one way or another. None of them are guilty of anything or responsible for being attacked or stolen from. Because Zimmerman left his vehicle and pursued doesn't necessarily mean he was responsible for the altercation. How close was he following? Was he in fact walking back to his vehicle when he was approached and then assualted? Those are all pertinent questions and if the latter is true, that he was walking away when he was confronted and then attacked than he IS the victim.

    Despite me believing that it's more likely Zimmerman instigated the confrontation, i'm clearly keeping an open mind to it. Stop trying to pretend you are too.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Screw you.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    Screw you.
    fail. when bias shows through and spin doesn't work....resort to childish name calling. way to go champ.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Trayvon Martin Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    fail. when bias shows through and spin doesn't work....resort to childish name calling. way to go champ.
    A 17 year old kid is needlessly dead and you accuse me of "blaming the victim" because I said that the shooter acted recklessly. Yeah, screw you (which isn't name calling, smart guy).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •