Page 53 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 MLB Season Discussion Thread

Re: 2012 MLB Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCamels73 View Post
    I got that stat from Mark Zuckerman on NatsInsider.com. He is usually someone I can trust to know what he is talking about when he posts stats like that. I don't know where his info comes from, and I don't know where yours comes from either, but I just checked Hudson's Yahoo stat page and it has this to say....

Hudson career vs. Washington....
    GS=24
    W/L = 14/4
    IPs= 164.2
    ERA= 2.35
    BAA= .241

At any rate, my point was that Hudson has been really good against Washington in his career. I am pleased that he had an "off night" last night in Georgia and that even if the Nats lose the next 2, we will still be tied for first place in the NL East with only 4 days remaining in May.
    I think your stats include Expos/Nationals & his include only Nationals.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    Not sure--I'm guessing that they thought that the defense might claim it, but weren't sure. If they were sure that the defense would make that claim, i think they'd be better off letting the defense make the claim, then calling the Miller guy as a rebuttal witness.

Keep in mind that I'm not a lawyer.
    I would think that the judge would find that evidence to be too irrelevant to be introduced, unless they knew the defense might challenge beer can integrity.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleWie View Post
    I think your stats include Expos/Nationals & his include only Nationals.
    No. I'm an idiot and was looking at the wrong stat.

Nonetheless, those stats are utterly useless. What Tim Hudson did in 2005 against a Nationals team that had literally none of the same players except for Ryan Zimmerman for 20 games is irrelevant.

Henderson Alvarez gives up back-to-back-to-back homers, gets Ian Kinsler to a 1-2 count, misses inside on the next pitch and gets tossed without a warning.
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Henderson Alvarez gives up back-to-back-to-back homers, gets Ian Kinsler to a 1-2 count, misses inside on the next pitch and gets tossed without a warning.
    He totally deserves
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

lern 2 english

Quote Originally Posted by ragecage View Post
    He totally deserves
    my jimmies remain unrustled by the likes of you
    derp

Umpire did him a favor. Didn't want to see the embarrassment of Kinsler hitting one out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by asianinvasion View Post
    Umpire did him a favor. Didn't want to see the embarrassment of Kinsler hitting one out as well.
    Well, it's in extras now. so blshghgdlkshglasghjilahg
    derp

Finally a sox game I can see! on Fox. yay

except i turn on Fox and its Cards-Phillies

F U Fox - if you're going to buy the rights to two games on in the same day, make them at separate times you asses

My face when Carlos Rodon becomes the greatest of all time

my jimmies remain unrustled by the likes of you
    i was totally being cereal tho
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

lern 2 english

looks like I jinxed the Bravos by saying they had a good chance to win the series against the Nats. Yay me! Don't look for a series sweep though, the DC boys have had numerous sweep chances this season and have failed each time....not to mention Beachy is pitching. However, Gio Gonzalez is no slouch and I would look for the bullpens to decide this Sunday Night Baseball matchup. (advantage Nationals)
    My Royals Dynasty

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be. - Yogi Berra
    It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square. -Pete Rose
    There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say 'Watch Me'. - Bryce Harper
    2012 National League Rookie of the Year, Bryce Harper!!

nb4 camels rustles free's jimmies

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Finally a sox game I can see! on Fox. yay

except i turn on Fox and its Cards-Phillies

F U Fox - if you're going to buy the rights to two games on in the same day, make them at separate times you asses
    Regional cover isn't anything new, and certainly wasn't invented by Fox.

It can be incredibly frustrating, though. Especially when you live in an area that isn't really in the market of any one team--you can't really tell which game you're likely to get. I mean, I'm in the east, so if the regional games are Rays at Red Sox and Padres at Dodgers, I know I'll get the game from Boston, but if the choices were Phillies at Nationals or Reds at Braves I have no idea which game I'd get.

It's just another reason TV is a dying medium. No ability to choose the content you want, no interactivity....heck most of us can hardly choose the channels we get. To get the one channel I want I need to upgrade through 3 tiers of plans and get 150 other channels i don't want first, just to qualify.

Then there's the commercial thing now, with people skipping them and all that legal crap.

TV has exploded in the past 20 years in terms of channels, but so many of them have such meaningless content, I can't see it staying like this. There's no reason I am not able to push a button on my TV to select which game I get.