Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: 2013

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5

    2013

    When will 2013 be released? I have not seen any news in a while.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    336

    Re: 2013

    Last target date I saw was March 23.....but haven't heard any news in a couple of weeks either.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    499

    Re: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cadmus2166 View Post
    Last target date I saw was March 23.....but haven't heard any news in a couple of weeks either.
    Actually next Tuesday the 20th is the target date. But it's been a while since we heard from Clay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    336

    Re: 2013

    Sent an email to dee inquiring about this...still haven't heard back. Anyone know for sure?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2013

    Makes me very leery about ordering...No update about release..no response...I may go back to OOTP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    airstrip one, oceania
    Posts
    9,474

    Re: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by brew fan View Post
    Makes me very leery about ordering...No update about release..no response...I may go back to OOTP
    I'm personally getting OOTP for sure this year

    The lack of much info regarding this year's Mogul has me pretty much apathetic about Mogul this year to be honest

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    I'm personally getting OOTP for sure this year

    The lack of much info regarding this year's Mogul has me pretty much apathetic about Mogul this year to be honest
    Does OOTP offer a demo? I'm in the same boat but haven't tried OOTP before.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nhlmlb7 View Post
    Does OOTP offer a demo? I'm in the same boat but haven't tried OOTP before.
    NVM, found the demo link, going to try it now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    336

    Re: 2013

    Clay got back to me today and verified that the release date for BM 2013 is now April 3rd.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On the ice blue line of insanity.
    Posts
    3,431

    Re: 2013

    It was always April 3rd. Sorry for the confusion. Haven't exactly been putting much time into making sure the web site is updated.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

    Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    336

    Re: 2013

    I agree, I'd much rather you put your time into the game!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nhlmlb7 View Post
    NVM, found the demo link, going to try it now.
    Interface is very confuisng/clumsy. I had to watch the tutorial on how to make a trade. But it does seem to have a lot more features than BBM and if I got used to it, it might be better.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: 2013

    The lack of much info regarding this year's Mogul has me pretty much apathetic about Mogul this year to be honest
    How is OOTP? Never tried it. But might take the risk this year since I feel that year after year issues do not get addressed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: 2013

    Ootp is great if you're willing to spend a couple of days per season. The interface is confusing and the sim speed is much slower than Mogul (likely because it's much more in depth and has full minor leagues).

    My favorite aspect of OOTP in the past has been the realism with regards to arbitration and contracts. The drawbacks, in my opinion, of OOTP include the confusing interface, the length in which it takes to sim a season, and a difficult trade system (a lot of which has to do with teams rarely being able to add salary, which makes trades involving high price talent basically impossible).

    I've purchase OOTP a couple of times and always find myself coming back to Mogul because of it's quickness and ease.
    Zack and Miri made a Morneau and now it Byrnes when he Peavy's.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    499

    Re: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by skudplayr View Post
    Ootp is great if you're willing to spend a couple of days per season. The interface is confusing and the sim speed is much slower than Mogul (likely because it's much more in depth and has full minor leagues).

    My favorite aspect of OOTP in the past has been the realism with regards to arbitration and contracts. The drawbacks, in my opinion, of OOTP include the confusing interface, the length in which it takes to sim a season, and a difficult trade system (a lot of which has to do with teams rarely being able to add salary, which makes trades involving high price talent basically impossible).

    I've purchase OOTP a couple of times and always find myself coming back to Mogul because of it's quickness and ease.
    +1. However, many of the requested updates from Mogul users are features found in OOTp. It would be disapointing if Mogul started playing like OOTP, since that already exists.
    Last edited by daves; 03-24-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •