Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul 2013 Rosters

Re: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul 2013 Rosters

When you open your current download, you get an instruction file and a .dat file. I thought it had to be a .mog file.

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    When you open your current download, you get an instruction file and a .dat file. I thought it had to be a .mog file.
    The .dat file is what the game opens automatically when you choose to do a Modern game.

Ok. Tried it. Universal.dat copied in. Got same as 15.00. So no difference, thus didnt see your updates. Maybe if I reinstall the whole thing, then paste in .dat file.

Found one minor discrepancy in the Padres roster that I forgot to mention until now. Clayton Richard is listed as his fastball speed being only 81-83 mph, while fangraphs has it listed at 90. He also didn't have a fastball listed as one of his pitches, just a change and slider. I fixed this in my own dynasty, but thought you might want to fix this for future updates of your rosters.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...on=P#pitchtype

Not your fault, but I thought this was amusing. About a month into the 2012 season, the Twins put high salaries in the block, including Mauer. Out of curiosity, I tried to see what it would take to get him. Pretty unrealistic hahaha.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyWebNet View Post
    I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by glennrwordman View Post
    You may be the greatest American of all time. Of this I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    Ok. Tried it. Universal.dat copied in. Got same as 15.00. So no difference, thus didnt see your updates. Maybe if I reinstall the whole thing, then paste in .dat file.
    Huh? Clay hasn't released a patch yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cadmus2166 View Post
    Found one minor discrepancy in the Padres roster that I forgot to mention until now. Clayton Richard is listed as his fastball speed being only 81-83 mph, while fangraphs has it listed at 90. He also didn't have a fastball listed as one of his pitches, just a change and slider. I fixed this in my own dynasty, but thought you might want to fix this for future updates of your rosters.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...on=P#pitchtype
    I didn't edit pitch types or velocities for pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    Not your fault, but I thought this was amusing. About a month into the 2012 season, the Twins put high salaries in the block, including Mauer. Out of curiosity, I tried to see what it would take to get him. Pretty unrealistic hahaha.
    Yeh, there's no way Minnesota could get that much back for Mauer without sending a loaded Brinks truck with him

I didn't edit pitch types or velocities for pitchers.
    Okay, I really wasn't sure if you had or not. I just thought something must be out of whack with anyone on a MLB roster having a 81-83 mph fastball. I think it must've been because he didn't have a fastball listed in his pitches, and it probably took his change-up speed, which was the first pitch listed.

Stupid question: is there a way to use the 2013 roster file with BM2012??? The new download shows a .dat. file, last year is was a .mog file...
    Thanks for help
    I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)

I have never actually tried it myself, but I know there have been others who've asked, and the answer has always been no. I know you can use old files with the new games, but I guess it doesn't work the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by cadmus2166 View Post
    I have never actually tried it myself, but I know there have been others who've asked, and the answer has always been no. I know you can use old files with the new games, but I guess it doesn't work the other way around.
    Correct.

Even the .mog file wouldn't be able to be loaded on earlier versions of Mogul.

Thanks guys for your answers. Than I will use last 2012 roster with the new photo and logo packs, Hope that will work...
    I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)

Photos/logos can be used on any version of Mogul. They're just image files, not created by Mogul.

Take a long time to think about... but I bought BM2013 this morning...
    Although I thought I'll stay with OOTP13 alone this year...

Hopefully Clay will reward this with an early coming patch...!?!?!?!?

This was based on your:

HGMBM2013Rosters.zip‎

Followed instructions and replace universe.dat.