Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul 2013 Rosters

Re: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul 2013 Rosters

Quote Originally Posted by cadmus2166 View Post
    Any chance these will be done for the April 3 release?
    If all goes well, yes, they should be.

The rosters will be included with the game (though I will also post them here). By "included", I mean, when you start a new "Modern" game, my rosters will be what loads. They'll be the default for 2012 starts.

Good to hear!!!

Great to hear.. always use your roster set each year when the new version of BBM comes out.

Dropping in with an update.

I've finished editing all the players, save 2. There were issues loading the YBY stats of Michael Stutes and Jerome Williams. I'm currently working with Clay to try and correct these bugs, and will then edit their ratings as well. That will complete the editing of all the players.

All that's left is to input park factors based off the last 3 years, do a once-over of all the game settings, and then run tests and calculate accurate Simulation Settings.

And lastly, I need to make sure to add any players that have been added to a 40 man roster that aren't in the roster set yet, as well as update injury lengths. This will be done the day before release, and I will update again once Opening Day occurs for all teams.

We're on track for the roster set to be released with Mogul on April 3rd.

Excellent!!! I'm really glad they'll be available at the game release!!!

So, ran my first sim, as I always do to test the simulation settings. Generally, I have to mess around with them a lot to get the numbers to be in line with real life across the board, but I must say, if the first sim is any indication, the engine is A++++.

I still need to make some tweaks with the sim settings (for example, stolen bases are high), but overall, it's the best test I've ever had in my six or so years of doing this.

Just to whet your appetite, here is how the playoff picture shook out:

AL:
    Red Sox, Tigers, Angels (111 wins!)
    Yankees, Rangers.

NL:
    Phillies, Cardinals, Dodgers
    Nationals, Cubs

On a related noted, I'll have action/portrait photo sets (the portraits made from high-res pics) for HoustonGM's rosters in about a week.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyWebNet View Post
    I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by glennrwordman View Post
    You may be the greatest American of all time. Of this I have no doubt.

Houston, any word on when the rosters'll be good to go? I don't see any point in buying the game til they're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by dan pfeiffer View Post
    Houston, any word on when the rosters'll be good to go? I don't see any point in buying the game til they're ready.
    My rosters are included with the game this year. When you start a new game and choose "Modern", what is loaded is my rosters.

I will, of course, be updating the rosters through Opening Day and will be posted updated versions here (as well as sending them to Clay for future patches).

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    My rosters are included with the game this year. When you start a new game and choose "Modern", what is loaded is my rosters.

I will, of course, be updating the rosters through Opening Day and will be posted updated versions here (as well as sending them to Clay for future patches).
    Oh. In that case, buying now

First update is posted. Very minor changes from the set that is included with the game. Most notably, these begin on March 27th instead of March 1st and have simulation settings set to produce the most accurate results.

First update is posted. Very minor changes from the set that is included with the game. Most notably, these begin on March 27th instead of March 1st and have simulation settings set to produce the most accurate results.
    Houston, what's the best way to go about putting a player or two in myself? I've got two guys I was hoping would make the Yanks roster and didn't, wanted to input them myself. Like, where should I go for scouting reports, how to do predicted stats, etc. Or if you could input them in your next update (they're fringe top 20 prospects) possibly?

Houston, what's the best way to go about putting a player or two in myself? I've got two guys I was hoping would make the Yanks roster and didn't, wanted to input them myself. Like, where should I go for scouting reports, how to do predicted stats, etc. Or if you could input them in your next update (they're fringe top 20 prospects) possibly?
    To create a new player, you need to turn on Commissioner Mode, then find a player with no MLB stats and go to his Player Editor and click "Copy Player," creating a new player with the same stats. Edit whatever information you need.

As for stats, use Fangraphs/Baseball-Reference. If they have projections (available on Fangraphs) base the stats off one of those. Otherwise what I do is put in their last year's stats and then use the +/- button to lower their overall to where it should be.

To create a new player, you need to turn on Commissioner Mode, then find a player with no MLB stats and go to his Player Editor and click "Copy Player," creating a new player with the same stats. Edit whatever information you need.

As for stats, use Fangraphs/Baseball-Reference. If they have projections (available on Fangraphs) base the stats off one of those. Otherwise what I do is put in their last year's stats and then use the +/- button to lower their overall to where it should be.
    Will that work even if they're a minor league guy though? Because I thought projected stats were projected major league stats, and the two I'm looking at (Chase Whitley and Rob Segedin) have none.

Will that work even if they're a minor league guy though? Because I thought projected stats were projected major league stats, and the two I'm looking at (Chase Whitley and Rob Segedin) have none.
    That's why I use the +/- buttons. If you just input their minor league stats, of course they're going to be far too good. Use the - button to drop them down.