Thread: Tattoo Ideas

Tattoo Ideas

I'm thinking in this thread we can list our ideas for our tattoo. I want to be original I suppose or something someone probably wont have. My best bud got a couple, one in remembrance of his son and another of Metallica. Really though my thing is that what he got is common.

If I was to get a tat, I want one of the Alice in Chains Down in the Hole lyrics tattooed around my arm.

If not that, I would like one in remembrance of Dimebag Darrell. What I was thinking on this is having his lightning Axe guitar tattooed, and made into a headstone by making it into a cross.

Really what has killed me on getting tats in the past is being original. **** tribals **** something that has already been done. I want something unique. I figured we can make a thread for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

Re: Tattoo Ideas

After doing so much research into my Danish ancestry, I think my next tattoo will be a viking rune stone.

One of the main purposes of rune stones was to remember dead kinsmen.

I was able to trace my ancestry back to Niels Christensen (born 1752).

I will have it say something along the lines of:

"Thor hallow these runes raised in honor of Niels Christensen, my kinsman"

It'll look something like this on my calf along side my tattoo of Anpu and Gilgamesh text
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by filihok; 06-05-2011 at 08:45 AM.

That is definitely creative and unique.
    I'm an idiot

lern 2 english

Get a life-sized tattoo of yourself, except slightly bigger
    derp

Umm... that's like, confidential information, or something.

"I want a tattoo of a butt with a butt tattoo, on my butt."
    (Butt-Head)

Ragecage, I urge you to reconsider. I had this discussion with free a few months ago when we were shopping for Christian rock CDs at Pamida. He was considering getting a swastika or a unicorn or something similar tattooed on his lower back.

Remember that the Bible says: "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19:28)

Since "Dimebag" Darrell is dead, Jesus would not like that. Perhaps you could get a tattoo professing your love of the Lord? Maybe something simple like a heart with Jesus' name in it. PM me if you'd like some really cool suggestions.

I can't wait until Sarah Palin defeats me in 2012 (I read it from Pete, so I'm packing things up just in case). Then I can start getting inked up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tad Knackers View Post
    Ragecage, I urge you to reconsider. I had this discussion with free a few months ago when we were shopping for Christian rock CDs at Pamida. He was considering getting a swastika or a unicorn or something similar tattooed on his lower back.

Remember that the Bible says: "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19:28)

Since "Dimebag" Darrell is dead, Jesus would not like that. Perhaps you could get a tattoo professing your love of the Lord? Maybe something simple like a heart with Jesus' name in it. PM me if you'd like some really cool suggestions.
    What if I get a Heysoos tattoo? Or maybe an upside down cross? I think I may need more suggestions.
    I'm an idiot

lern 2 english

I plan on getting Comedy/ Tragedy masks with either one of two quotes, "Life is but a series of comedies and tragedies," or "Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think." on my arm somewhere (thinking my wrist).

Tattoos aren't very libertarian you know. How do you think the ink feels when it's forced to be etched into your skin?

How about that?