Thread: Magic games

Magic games

I've seen some guys here post about Magic Online. I'm looking for an adventure-type of Magic game.

I have the original Win95 game, and the expansion Duels of the Planeswalkers that came out in like '97 - but can't get either to run successfully on my PC now (altho I may have one last option). Is there any newer game, where you get to collect spells and duel and build up strength while adventuring, more or less? All the other games seem like just dueling and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Re: Magic games

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    I've seen some guys here post about Magic Online. I'm looking for an adventure-type of Magic game.

I have the original Win95 game, and the expansion Duels of the Planeswalkers that came out in like '97 - but can't get either to run successfully on my PC now (altho I may have one last option). Is there any newer game, where you get to collect spells and duel and build up strength while adventuring, more or less? All the other games seem like just dueling and that's it.
    So you want sort of an RPG/MTG theme? I really haven't heard of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

I got the old win'95 game working on my PC. you go around, dueling low-level ***** and taking their cards, building your deck. ou can also get through dungeons, visit towns and undertake questions, buy cards, etc etc. Its simplistic but its the fun i needed.

This game is apparently rare and tough to get - goes for $50 on ebay and amazon. I love 90s PC games that rock the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    I have the original Win95 game, and the expansion Duels of the Planeswalkers that came out in like '97 - but can't get either to run successfully on my PC now (altho I may have one last option).
    Same here. I finally found a torrent that works and started playing again.

Try a search on google for "mana link". It's a remake of the game you want which runs on modern systems.

good luck
    Stoter