Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football Mogul Playbooks

Football Mogul Playbooks

The official thread to post playbooks that you have created in Football Mogul and wish to share. Please include a description of your playbook (or playbooks) such as:

• "1972 Dolphins -- includes multiple rushing options for Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka"
    • "2010 Dolphins -- default playbook, with 6 Wildcat plays added on Offense"
    • "2008 Patriots -- offensive folders listed by formation, not situation"
    • "1986 NFC North, with special attention to the Bears blitzing schemes"
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Re: Football Mogul Playbooks

I'd like to know why u didn't include more playbooks? There are only a few in there. Plus there are no defense playbooks - it would seem to make sense to have some, too. I love the game, though, but having the Browns playbook, are you kidding me? They haven't been good since the 80's.

How do you create a playbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Clypse View Post
    How do you create a playbook?
    Easy. Go to your team. On the Team menu, select Playbook.
    Folder (groups), and Plays, are on the right. Select play to edit,
    Select a play. Edit it. Edit more.
    At the top is: Save Playbook. Save it with a name of your choice, not the default. It saves them in the /playbooks folder.
    Save your team with this playbook, and it's 'attached' to your team.
    If you want to use a playbook for a different team, click the Load Playbook at the top.
    I have several custom playbooks that I swap among my teams.

I found this great site for pro and college playbooks. There are a ton to choose from. It's a good reference to try and build some accurate playbooks for each team.

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com

Excellent site for plays. Thanks

Would you accept non-NFL playbooks? A few years back I created a FBM playbook based on my favorite plays from the old NES game Techmo Super Bowl. I'm getting ready to test it in the new version to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by 1980chargers View Post
    Here are three playbooks I have completed for FM2013

1. West Coast Style Offence (24 run/30 pass plays) utilizing the Pro-Set Formation (5R/5P); The ‘I’ Formation (5R/5P); Ace Formation (4R/6P); Double Tight End Formation (5/5P); Shotgun Formation (3R/7P); Goal Line/Short Yardage Formation (2R/2P). This playbook was designed using formations from 1982 Bill Walsh (49ers) Playbook/combined with the modern Double Tight End/Shotgun formations.

2. Rebel WC Offense (25 run/29 pass plays) utilizing the Pro-Set Formation (10R/10P); ‘I’ Formation (5R/5P); Ace Formation (4R/6P); Spread/Shotgun 4/Shotgun Protect Formation (4R/6P); Goal Line/Short Yardage Formation (2R/2P). This playbook was designed using formations from 1982 Bill Walsh (49ers) PB/2000 Mike Holmgren (Seahawks) PB.

3. H-Back Offense (23 run/31 pass plays) utilizing the H-Back Formation (10R/6P); Double Tight End Formation (4P); Ace Formation (5R/5P); Trips Strong/Shotgun Bunch/Trips (3R/7P); Spread/Shotgun 4 Formation (3R/7P); Goal Line/Short Yardage Formation (2R/2P). This playbook was designed using formations from 1986 Joe Gibbs (Redskins) PB.
    Wow! Awesome and thanks! I may have to try these out

I have to say, that West Coast offense gave me a nasty HB/FB running game.

Thank you for the nice compliment

I created the Ground & Pound playbook along with a few others that were posted in various old threads in this forum

Here are all of the playbooks I created (so far):

Offense:

Fun n' Gun
    Ground & Pound
    Mid-West Coast
    TE Extreme

Defense:

3-4 Zone Blitz
    4-6 Bear
    4-4
    Monster
    Attached Files Attached Files

I decided to try to make a 49er playbook. Though this particular playbook is more so based off Madden's playbooks than the real life 49er plays. Though depending on how accurate Madden's playbooks are, that would be how accurate this is.

This playbook is VERY pass heavy, despite the Niners being a run-centric team. The reason for this is because Madden has more pass plays in its 49er playbook than runs and also because running plays are harder to differentiate from one another. After a while, it you would pretty much just get the same running play over and over so I gave attention to unique passing routes to avoid redundancy in plays.

I've made two versions. The first is designed to feel more like they play with Kaepernick as QB, making Crabtree the center of the offense. He's the primary target in 16 of the 32 pass plays. WR2 gets 6 plays, 4 to the TE, and 3 to WR3.

I also created an alternate version designed to better reflect 2012 when Smith was the QB. In this one, Vernon Davis has a much larger role in the offense compared to the standard version (about twice as many plays).

Next, I'm going to work on a defensive scheme for them, modifying the 3-4 playbook to incorporate their Madden defensive playbook. I'm not exactly sure how I'll break up the plays yet as I'd like to keep folders as close to the original as possible so that there are less chances of the AI not being able to use these books as well (I'm afraid that if I put goal line run stop plays in the 3rd folder, the AI might mistakenly use these to defend on obvious passing downs).
    Attached Files Attached Files

FYI, the AI doesn't care which plays are in which folders. It looks through every play to pick the best one for the current situation (with some randomness, of course, to keep the other team guessing).
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

LOVE it! I've been LOOKING for something EXACTLY like this. Way to go Clay!!!

Are there instructions on exactly how to export a playbook you may have put together in order to share it with people on here? I've seen the default, a few Patriots play books, and a few Browns playbooks which come with FM12. Is there a way to start a playbook from scratch? As in, with NOTHING in it? I have the 2012 version. If there isn't a way to start a playbook from scratch, is there any way to go into a play and just delete it? Or are we forced, pretty much just to take an existing playbook and hopefully change things around a good bit (which I hate doing--the way the plays are put in order is, to me, non-intuitive, and i just keep forgetting on which play i was at the time. I'm ALSO yet to figure out how to change the names of the folders for plays.

Also, Clay, since I've found the only way I can truly enjoy the game without getting TOO upset is to play with fictional players. This way, I don't give two diddly squats about a guy getting injured when it's a player who, once establishing himself as a starter, started every game for a certain team ~200 consecutive times... but in the game, was regularly injured (UGH!). Now, if I don't KNOW, or have never HEARD of a player, I can't claim any expectations... so, what does this have to do with the thread?

Well, though I play as the TB Bucs, I'm redoing my entire playbook based upon my teams strengths and weaknesses... Have a mobile QB? Don't worry about him being forced to run every now and again. Have a great RB and a great blocking FB, then use that FB's lead block to run between the tackles, but eliminate all but 1 or 2 of your FB rushing plays. be it either an inside OR outside run. Have 2 great pass catching TEs and only 1 great WR then, tailor your playbook towards 2TE offenses, right?

NONE of these things I've mentioned, however, would be specific to any Tampa Bay Buc team anyone else has seen. It's just been heavily modified to take advantage of the players I have, and that includes my OLinemen as well. So, given all of that, how would you suggest I NAME the upload of my playbook. Since it's not based on any real team, surely I would want to make certain those who tried my playbook, knew how to use it, and understood why there's only 1 FB run inside run, 2 QB rushes, and 9 RB runs with the only real differences being what the suggested hole was supposed to be (even though, frankly, I'd have loved to see a way to run some counters), and whether or not he was an Ace Back, or had a leading block coming from his FB. So, I ask you again, just how would I NAME such a playbook? Or should I just use some kind of description as to the type of team around which this playbook was designed? (e.g. "Accurate mobile QB w/strong left OLine and RT. Great (90+) RB, a blocking FB, and very good pass catching TEs") Maybe name it "Fictional 2011 Bucs" and explain the purpose of each play?

Next to last, is there anyway to open up multiple play books so I can take a play from one playbook and move it over to the other WITHOUT having to do the dirty work? I'm guessing no, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Last, as I said before, how exactly do we make our playbooks available to others?.

Quote Originally Posted by jwj8741 View Post
    I found this great site for pro and college playbooks. There are a ton to choose from. It's a good reference to try and build some accurate playbooks for each team.

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com
    I know this is WAYYYYYY late, and well over 3 years since you wrote it, but I wanted to say thank you nonetheless. As a Buc fan, I'm ALWAYS interested in just how Jim McKay and Tony Dungy and Monte Kiffin DESIGNED the Tampa-2; a defensive philosophy which was so innovative and so successful defensively, it changed the face of the game of Football, and did so just as potently as "The West Coast Offense", the 3-4 defense, and way back, the initial use of the forward pass.

With that said, being able to read the playbook of the '98 Bucs will be an absolute pleasure for me in ways I can't even BEGIN to explain. I LOVE this! If I haven't already said it, thanks for that jwj8741... to reiterate, thank you, and to rephrase, thank you. LOL! I'm really tired, but I do seriously appreciate you taking the time to put it out there for us, even if we're only finding it 3 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin71 View Post
    Wow! Awesome and thanks! I may have to try these out
    I'd love to try them out as well. Did you ever figure out where they were?