Thread: Launch Amateur Draft at beginning of scheduled day

Launch Amateur Draft at beginning of scheduled day

Minor but annoying: the amateur draft starts automatically once you complete the day before. Logically, why doesn't it wait until you advance the calendar to the scheduled day? I'm always having to go back to the calendar, check the results of the last game, look for injuries or players coming off the disabled list, etc. -- all the normal things I do at the end of each period I choose to sim.

On a related note, why must I see everyone else's draft choices? When drafting I work off of the Depth Chart, so I have to switch back to that each round. What others have done has no effect on my choices. Certainly I should be able to view that information, but I don't see why I am forced to do so.

Re: Launch Amateur Draft at beginning of scheduled day

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Logan View Post
    Minor but annoying: the amateur draft starts automatically once you complete the day before. Logically, why doesn't it wait until you advance the calendar to the scheduled day? I'm always having to go back to the calendar, check the results of the last game, look for injuries or players coming off the disabled list, etc. -- all the normal things I do at the end of each period I choose to sim.
    Absolutely Agreed on this. 4 Stars

On a related note, why must I see everyone else's draft choices? When drafting I work off of the Depth Chart, so I have to switch back to that each round. What others have done has no effect on my choices. Certainly I should be able to view that information, but I don't see why I am forced to do so.
    This has never bothered me, but, you're right, I really don't look at other teams' draft picks. Just who's available.

I guess I'd like to see a whole new screen for the draft. The top part would show the players who have been drafted and the bottom would show the players available to draft instead of having to switch back and forth.

Though, incorporating your depth chart in there would be good as well. I keep a depth chart on excel and I do refer to that while drafting

Added to my suggestion link in my sig.

Also to add to this have the draft day customizable. I know in real life it june 1 but I hate playing a season get going and have to stop and draft. I'd like to she the draft moved to the off season myself. But that is just me

Completely agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by evader32 View Post
    Also to add to this have the draft day customizable. I know in real life it june 1 but I hate playing a season get going and have to stop and draft. I'd like to she the draft moved to the off season myself. But that is just me
    It would be best to make a separate thread for this suggestion, as they get lost in other threads, and then this one can stay on topic.

im all for that
    Outahere
    Mariners GM 2023-2031
    Orioles GM 2031-2044
    Mets GM 2045-Present