Tim Raines	 164	 30.4%
    Mark McGwire	 128	 23.7%
    Alan Trammell	 121	 22.4%
    Fred McGriff	 116	 21.5%
    Don Mattingly	 87	 16.1%
    Dave Parker	 82	 15.2%
    Dale Murphy	 63	 11.7%
    Harold Baines	 33	 6.1%
    Disappointing that Blyleven and Alomar were so close, but they're basically locks to make it in next year. Larkin's vote total is also disappointing. It's encouraging that Trammell and Raines saw an increase in votes, but they've still got a long way to go....Jack Morris also seems to be gaining traction...another disappointment.

Can't say I'm pleased here. Dawson isn't a terrible selection....he's better than Jim Rice and borderline overall...but I wouldn't vote for him. I'd be more pleased with this if Blyleven and Alomar made it over the hump.

Re: Andre Dawson - lone HoF inductee

Edgar should have made it.

Edgar getting such a low vote total is an outright disgrace. Just another reason why the HOF is just an awful thing that I couldn't care less about.
    My runs created per 27 posts (RC/27p) was 12.4 last year. I should've been MVP.

That sucks, I am hoping Bly and Alomar do make it, i honestly thought they would this year.

It's pathetic that Morris is ahead of Larkin....at all.

I don't really see Dawson as a hall of famer, I see him as a borderline at best hall of famer.

He was a solid player who had a very elite seasons...I don't see that as a hall of famer personally.....

Edgar actually polled higher than I thought he would. He's not in a bad spot for eventual induction.

Is Tim Raines only not in it because he didn't have "Rickey numbers?"

This is all wack.
    Ready for Offseason rumors and trade talk!

Just for fun BBM10 roster:
    http://www.sportsmogul.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=198599
    Enjoy!

Apparently, from what I saw on another site five voters turned in blank ballots. That seems annoying to me that none of those voters would at least think of Blyleven or Alomar as being Hall of Famers.
    "It's the fans that need spring training. You gotta get 'em interested. Wake 'em up and let 'em know that their season is coming, the good times are gonna roll."
    -Legendary Baseball Broadcaster Harry Caray

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's more than likely that it's because he hung on a while has a solid roleplayer and that's the image people have in their mind...not his outstanding 1980's peak. Also, his value comes from places that are underappreciated...like walks and baserunning. If you change 1,000 of Raines' walks into 400 singles and 600 outs, he becomes Lou Brock and with 3,000 hits sails in first ballot....despite being a much worse player.

Once again, the writers like to harp about how statheads don't "appreciate the little things", yet they're the ones that fall in love with HR and RBI and ignore the players that do the little things outstandingly or do a little bit of everything very well (like Barry Larkin).

Quote Originally Posted by TheBest21 View Post
    Apparently, from what I saw on another site five voters turned in blank ballots. That seems annoying to me that none of those voters would at least think of Blyleven or Alomar as being Hall of Famers.
    I know Jay Mariotti sent in a blank ballot...I don't know about anybody else, but if that's true that 5 did, that's a shame...Blyleven was 5 votes short of induction.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    http://bbwaa.com/hof/

Code:
    Name	Votes	Pct.
    Andre Dawson	 420	 77.9%
    Bert Blyleven	 400	 74.2%
    Roberto Alomar	 397	 73.7%
    Jack Morris	 282	 52.3%
    Barry Larkin	 278	 51.6%
    Lee Smith	 255	 47.3%
    Edgar Martinez	 195	 36.2%
    Tim Raines	 164	 30.4%
    Mark McGwire	 128	 23.7%
    Alan Trammell	 121	 22.4%
    Fred McGriff	 116	 21.5%
    Don Mattingly	 87	 16.1%
    Dave Parker	 82	 15.2%
    Dale Murphy	 63	 11.7%
    Harold Baines	 33	 6.1%
    Disappointing that Blyleven and Alomar were so close, but they're basically locks to make it in next year. Larkin's vote total is also disappointing. It's encouraging that Trammell and Raines saw an increase in votes, but they've still got a long way to go....Jack Morris also seems to be gaining traction...another disappointment.

Can't say I'm pleased here. Dawson isn't a terrible selection....he's better than Jim Rice and borderline overall...but I wouldn't vote for him. I'd be more pleased with this if Blyleven and Alomar made it over the hump.
    The Hawk and Ryno were two of my favorites growing up so I'm pleased he's been voted in. I think he'd be a surefire HOF'er if not for lingering knee injuries throughout his career but agree he's borderline. I'd vote for him.

Larkin IMO should be in. He was the games best SS for quite a period, was a great ambassador to the game.

I can't understand Alomar...maybe his spitting incident is holding votes back???

Quote Originally Posted by dickay View Post
    I can't understand Alomar...maybe his spitting incident is holding votes back???
    I'd say his abrupt jump off a cliff from the best season of his career to pretty terrible to out of the game in his mid 30's has more to do with it than the spitting incident....but neither are good reasons.

I'm more confused as to how Larkin only got 50% of the vote. These same writers always point to a lack of things like All Star Games and such as excuses to not vote for deserving players, yet then they don't vote for a guy like Larkin who has ASG appearances in spades, a few Gold Gloves and Silver Sluggers and an MVP.

There's little hope in trying to explain some of these things. They're standards are ridiculously inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I think if there never had been a Henderson, Rock would be in, but having Henderson as your contemporary.........

The results aren't what I would have chosen, but people are making way too big a deal out of this. If there were 5 blank ballots, then there were 5 people that thought none of them belong in the Hall of Fame. It is one thing to complain about someone voting for Morris and not voting for Blyleven, it is another to complain about someone choosing to say "None of the above". That seems to me to be a perfectly defensible vote.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'd say his abrupt jump off a cliff from the best season of his career to pretty terrible to out of the game in his mid 30's has more to do with it than the spitting incident....but neither are good reasons.

I'm more confused as to how Larkin only got 50% of the vote. These same writers always point to a lack of things like All Star Games and such as excuses to not vote for deserving players, yet then they don't vote for a guy like Larkin who has ASG appearances in spades, a few Gold Gloves and Silver Sluggers and an MVP.

There's little hope in trying to explain some of these things. They're standards are ridiculously inconsistent.
    and a ring.

Larkin did everything in his career, stole bases, hit homers, batted for an average, drew walks, played a very difficult position well....

he literally did everything, his career isn't lacking anything....maybe not enough career homers? haha, i mean come on!

and I have to admit, as a young fan, I didn't like Larkin, because he was taking over at the nl all star game shortstop position from my fav player Ozzie....and he was on a rival team....but you gotta respect the guy..

I don't see how Larkin is left off, and how Bly could have been ignored....Alomar the same.