Thread: 12.12 MORE expanded roster pitcher/position player issues

12.12 MORE expanded roster pitcher/position player issues

Besides this

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=199743

and this

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=197459

Now we have this

With expanded rosters and an increased number of position players on the roster position players in the 'extra' slots are listed as pitchers in the box score when they DH.

The ability to change the number of pitchers/hitters on the roster is really nice feature. I hope Clay can take some of the bugs away
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: 12.12 MORE expanded roster pitcher/position player issues

It is obvious that Clay originally hard-coded 14 position players and 11 pitchers, and has not successfully found all instances where this mattered. Lesson to coders: make every number a variable or parameter, even something obvious like three sides on a triangle. You never know when you might want to change things, or at least find every place you refer to a triangle! I gave up using anything but 14/11. For historical seasons, the roster size ought to be less than 25 as well, and of course pitcher usage should reflect that (including using them as pinch-hitters!)

14 is an odd enough number I'd think Clay could find every instance with a search but I'm sure he's tried that.

Bump this since Clay seems to be looking at bug reports.

Not this specific issue but all issues related to pitcher/batter ratios

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Bump this since Clay seems to be looking at bug reports.

Not this specific issue but all issues related to pitcher/batter ratios
    Ditto!

I was ready to buy BM 2010 because I wanted the benefits of flexible rosters (I'm currently finishing my first season in BM '09, and have BM '08 as well).

I've been so disappointed by the buggyness of the flexible rosters from playing around with the Beta version of 2011 that I don't want anything to do with these versions until flexible rosters have been cleanly implemented.

For me, the expectation should be that after you designate how many of your 25 man roster you want to be hitters/pitchers:

1.) That starting position players are all listed #1-#8 in the Lineup area.

2.) That all bench players are listed in the Bench area, requiring NO scrolling, and that no phantom "Bench" designations are floating around that don't correspond to a player.

3.) Only minor league players are listed in the Minor League area. This area can, and must, have scrolling.

4.) Minor leaguers won't be "forced" onto the 40-man roster with September call-ups. If I have a limited farm system because I've traded away all of my prospects making a big playoff run, I don't want my R, A, & AA players on the MLB roster, I want them in the minors continuing to develop. Currently there is no way to send them back to the minors w/September call-ups, it brings everybody up until the 40-man roster is full.

PLEASE fix the roster and flexible roster issues BEFORE sending BM 2011 for release.
    Colorado Rockies- The only franchise that systematically juices/dejuices the ball and the ballplayers for competitive advantage.

Playing BM 2012 14.0.4.0 (and PAID for it through the Sports Mogul Store - a message to all you degenerates that think the game isn't worth your money, but who think it is worth your time to play it)

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyzug View Post
    PLEASE fix the roster and flexible roster issues BEFORE sending BM 2011 for release.
    Or very soon thereafter. 4 flexible roster size issues are listed in the suggestions thread in my sig