Thread: Editing Rosters in Football Mogul

Editing Rosters in Football Mogul

Instructions for creating new ".dat" files are posted here.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Re: Editing Rosters in Football Mogul

Hey Clay i was wondering if their is a way too edit an active games DAT file ?

Example i have started a season file i am almost done editing players however their are alot of good players i had in free agency who have disappeared so i guess i am wondering if i can bring them back through the Dat file ?

do u know if their is any way of editing the draft class on FBM at the start of the year i dont want too have a break too update the file and people lose interest

I bought 2010 so I am a pretty new player. Is there a simpler way, in game, to edit rosters. For example, if a trade is made is there a way to do it while playing with a "force trade" option or something? Also, is there an easy way to move folks between teams and free agency without editing the DAT file? Thanks.

Thumbs up Re: Editing Rosters in Football Mogul

Quote Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
    I bought 2010 so I am a pretty new player. Is there a simpler way, in game, to edit rosters. For example, if a trade is made is there a way to do it while playing with a "force trade" option or something? Also, is there an easy way to move folks between teams and free agency without editing the DAT file? Thanks.
    Yes, to both, Ren...use the Force trade option - you need to click Options/Commissioner, to do this - if you can't exchange players with another team by normal means, using the "trades" sub menu. As for Free Agency, simply click the "Release" button on your line-up, or bullpen, and he'll find his way to the F.A.list
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Isn't there an easy way to create a league made of teams from different years? I downloaded the FM 2012. It lets me create a modern database, but gives me an error when I try that with create all databases. It keeps telling me to redownload the game. Why is that? Is there a bug or something? Thanks for any help about this.

In the meantime, I have learned how to create players. I have a lot of football encyclopedias, so I figured I would recreate some 1960s teams. I would love to put them into a .dat file. What I was thinking is starting a 1970 season and working on replacing some of those teams with players from teams in the 60s. It will be interesting in any case.

Nokmirt,
    If you are successful in creating 1960s players, please let me know. I'm 66 (and no computer whiz) and I absolutely love this game, but my requests to Clay Dreslough that he goes back to 1956 (two years before the Colts-Giants championship game) have gone unanswered. Given that there are facets of the baseball game that could just as easily be added to the football game (the transactions history), but are not, and that baseball goes back to 1903, it's pretty obvious that Mr Dreslough considers his own football game to be the red-headed stepchild.
    A sense of humor is what takes a problem and whittles it down to a size where you can work with it.
    -- Billy Clyde Puckett

Quote Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
    Yes there certainly is! Go into "Commissioner Mode" which you can find in Tools > Options. While in Commissioner mode you're able to edit, force trades, even create, copy, or delete players entirely.
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Quote Originally Posted by bertoia View Post
    Nokmirt,
    If you are successful in creating 1960s players, please let me know. I'm 66 (and no computer whiz) and I absolutely love this game, but my requests to Clay Dreslough that he goes back to 1956 (two years before the Colts-Giants championship game) have gone unanswered. Given that there are facets of the baseball game that could just as easily be added to the football game (the transactions history), but are not, and that baseball goes back to 1903, it's pretty obvious that Mr Dreslough considers his own football game to be the red-headed stepchild.
    Actually, Football Mogul only goes back to 1970 because that is the extent of the data that we have. If we were able to get data all the way back to the 50's, we would certainly have the game start back then. You may even see that some data in the 1970's (including rosters) are incorrect, and this usually isn't a result of us having bad data, it's more so that the NFL barely kept track of stats back then so the data is nearly impossible to find. Baseball statistics; however, go back to the beginning of time (or at least far enough to have full data coverage for all players in 1901).
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Connor....As someone who used to make 50s and 60s disk for the now defunct APBA FB game, I would have to disagree. Exactly what stats are needed? Also, there's another game out there Action PC FB for whom I also did old time 50s/60s disks for.

I'd be more than happy to send you as much data as I have. Email me at leefoo@verizon.net

Is there a way to add new cities? I'm from the U.P. (upper Michigan), and want to add Marquette. Thanks

p.s., the link for how to edit the .dat files above doesn't work

Can the link get fixed and can we still edit rosters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..