Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Outahere Sports - Recruiting Thread

Re: Outahere Sports - Recruiting Thread

Are they still open?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Place View Post
    Are they still open?
    No...all 36 teams are filled at the present time. Best to sign up for the waiting list if you're interested as we tend to fill openings pretty quickly.
    I saw Andre Dawson. And let me tell you something. There were only two players in my lifetime whose teammates held them in awe. One was Mickey Mantle. The other was Andre Dawson. If you were around, if you saw them play, you know that. But the numbers don't tell you that.
    - Jerome Holtzman

Ok. I'll keep watching.

The Washington Nationals, one of the most dominating teams in Outahere history are now available.

They're no longer the best team in the league but still have a lot of talent to work with. We have no one currently on our waiting list so sign up now if you're interested. The position isn't necessarily filled on a first come, first serve basis...we'll base it off of experience and short online chat.

Link to the sign up thread in the top post.
    I saw Andre Dawson. And let me tell you something. There were only two players in my lifetime whose teammates held them in awe. One was Mickey Mantle. The other was Andre Dawson. If you were around, if you saw them play, you know that. But the numbers don't tell you that.
    - Jerome Holtzman

One immediate opening: Texas Rangers. Sign up on the forums if interested.
    - Jerome Holtzman

One opening in our 36 team league, Colorado. Currently in the 2026-2027 off season (FA). Sign up details at the top post.
    - Jerome Holtzman

Currently right after the draft in 2027. Vancouver and Texas are now open. We'll be switching to 2011 in the off season.

Three openings (out of 36) at the present time. This doesn't happen very often. If you're looking for a stable league that you can count on being around for years to come now's the time to join! An upgrade to 2011 will likely happen in the next off season.

Available Teams
    Oakland Athletics
    Texas Rangers
    Vancouver Huskies
    - Jerome Holtzman

I'd be MORE than happy to take one of the available teams.

email: chrisamerson444@yahoo.com
    aim: iiichris3

Available Teams
    Oakland Athletics
    Vancouver Huskies

Still here with 2 (out of 36) teams available. I realize everyone is excited about all these new Mogul 2011 leagues starting up--and I wish them the best of luck, but the same thing happens every year. Leagues start, and the majority of them fold. Wouldn't you rather be in a league you know you can count on being around so all your hard work at building a team doesn't go to waste?

Outahere will never fold. We'll never restart. If playing with mostly fictional players isn't your cup of tea, this isn't the league for you. But if you want stability, we're in it for the long haul. Join now!
    - Jerome Holtzman

Available Teams
    Boston Red Sox
    Kansas City Royals
    Vancouver Huskies

If you're an instant gratification type Boston might be particularly appealing as they've been rebuilding for a number of seasons and have tons of young studs just now hitting the majors.
    Last edited by cfeedback; 04-13-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    - Jerome Holtzman

All 3 teams up there are great teams. I love the Royals. They have potential to do so many great things. The Huskies are a team that can win now. The Red Sox are the rebuilder. They are almost done rebuilding though. So three great teams.

This is the best league I've ever been in guys. Outahere is da bomb. It isn't always advertised because we rarely have teams open!
    Outahere
    Mariners GM 2023-2031
    Orioles GM 2031-2044
    Mets GM 2045-Present

Quote Originally Posted by jpz17 View Post
    All 3 teams up there are great teams. I love the Royals. They have potential to do so many great things. The Huskies are a team that can win now. The Red Sox are the rebuilder. They are almost done rebuilding though. So three great teams.

This is the best league I've ever been in guys. Outahere is da bomb. It isn't always advertised because we rarely have teams open!
    Wow, I wouldn't really call the Red Sox the rebuilder as I thought they've rebuilt pretty well over the last 4-5 seasons are are on the cusp of hitting it big. But that just goes to show all the teams have some potential. Thanks for the vote of support!
    - Jerome Holtzman

While I presume that one can open the game file in BBM2011, have you made the official transition to the latest version yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobsteve View Post
    While I presume that one can open the game file in BBM2011, have you made the official transition to the latest version yet?
    No. We're never in a rush to upgrade. Depending on the current patch and known issues we may upgrade in this coming off season, which would be less than a month away. If there's unresolved issues we're not satisfied with we'd probably wait another season.

Either way, you could in fact join the league with 2011 (I'd have to check whether team files would import backwards--I'm guessing not) and some minor issues may exist (such as your future sims being less accurate) but we will upgrade at some future point.
    - Jerome Holtzman