Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Outahere Sports - Recruiting Thread

Question Outahere Sports - Recruiting Thread

Outahere Sports is one of the premier sim leagues in the Baseball Mogul universe and we're now in our 22nd season. We started with way back with BM 2007 and are now on BM 2011. An extremely active user base, many unique rules, and a dedicated staff are among the reasons that make Outahere successful. Our league features 36 teams (expansions in 2018 and 2024) with openings occurring rarely and being filled very quickly. To give you an idea of the activity level in this league, our forum includes over 76,000 posts since the start of the 2012 season!

Teams Open
    Check the sign up thread linked below or the last post in this thread.

Current owner list: here

Current Status as of 11/12/2010
    Close to the start of the 2031 season.

League Features
    • Baseball Mogul 2011 league using the 13.09 patch.
    • A paid website and domain at: http://outaheresports.org/
    • Customized forum software (phpBB3) with features such as large file uploads and advanced search, among many, many others.
    • A blog, the Outahere Sports Review, featuring news, rumors, and interviews. http://osr.outaheresports.org/
    • Encyclopedia stats updated every season: http://outaheresports.org/Encyclopedia/
    • A popular articles forum, featured here: the Outahere Sports Tribune.
    • Revenue sharing
    • Free agency compensation
    • International free agents
    • Incentive program
    • Winterball
    • Owner's choice awards
    • Rule 5 draft
    • Sim schedule of Sunday through Thursday (1 week per sim) with live sim chats.
    • Live amateur draft
    • Stadium building options

We're never finished working on Outahere. Some areas of the website/forum/blog are constantly being tweaked, revised, and at times completely revamped. We're dedicated to making Outahere a fun and engaging league--one you can count on being around for years to come.

Come give us a try and see why Outahere is one of the best leagues in existence!
    Last edited by cfeedback; 11-12-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    I saw Andre Dawson. And let me tell you something. There were only two players in my lifetime whose teammates held them in awe. One was Mickey Mantle. The other was Andre Dawson. If you were around, if you saw them play, you know that. But the numbers don't tell you that.
    - Jerome Holtzman

Re: Outahere Sports - Recruiting Thread

New thread because subject lines that are edited don't show up on the forums and we've officially shortened our name to simply "Outahere Sports". Cleveland Indians
    are now available.
    I saw Andre Dawson. And let me tell you something. There were only two players in my lifetime whose teammates held them in awe. One was Mickey Mantle. The other was Andre Dawson. If you were around, if you saw them play, you know that. But the numbers don't tell you that.
    - Jerome Holtzman

Updated. Got a few openings and our planned 4 team expansion (to 36) is only a couple weeks away!
    - Jerome Holtzman

Updated. A few new teams available. We actually have 4 co-GMs ready to take over teams that have owners moving to expansion teams, so that means we have 33 out of 36 slots filled. If you want an active, long running league, come check us out!
    - Jerome Holtzman

Two teams (out of our soon to be 36 total) still open if anyone wants to get in before our expansion draft and the start of free agency. About 3 days left in the 2023 post season.
    - Jerome Holtzman

Just to let you know I think there's something wrong with your forum. Was thinking of joining, I clicked on your link and got this message:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: spammer

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

This occured even though that's the first time i've ever visited your site and have never registered before, maybe a bug?

I'm very interested in joining as an expansion GM. Can you AIM me when you get the chance please? xtheriot2
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." -Pete Rose

Charlie Hustle for the Hall.

Fixed the IP ban. Large swaths of Europe were IP banned due to constant spammer registrations but we have a new anti-bot thing (CAPTCHA didn't really stop them) that seems to be working.

Re: expansion teams, sorry, but they were all given to existing owners.
    - Jerome Holtzman

Philadelphia Phillies are now open. They're a solid 90 win team with a good mix of talent in both the major and minor leagues.

- Jerome Holtzman

Two new openings:

Teams Open
    Chicago Cubs
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    - Jerome Holtzman

ima register right now

Bumpdate. We're currently full, but we may end up making a team or two available after this check in going into the 2024-2025 off season. If you're interested in joining a stable league that will be around for seasons to come, sign up on the waiting list now and reserve your spot!
    - Jerome Holtzman

Pittsburgh Pirates are currently available. They're a small market team that hasn't won for a long time, so I'll be completely honest--it's a challenge and not for the faint of heart. A successful owner will have to build for at least 4-5 seasons out.
    - Jerome Holtzman

cfeedback, get on aim...

The Washington Nationals are now open... this is a top 10 team... has a couple more seasons before financial troubles may begin...
    if you have any questions about Outahere feel free to contact me on AIM: Scheckelkn14 or stop by the website www.outaheresports.org

2024: 71-91
    2025: 73-89
    2026: 79-83
    2027: 80-82
    2028: 86-76