Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie did you watch lately?

Re: What movie did you watch lately?

Brick

Wow. Joseph Gordon Levitt stars as a high school student playing private eye in the complete and total revitalization of the noir genre.

Everyone who has ever enjoyed a noir film will love this movie. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDuck1989 View Post
    Brick

Wow. Joseph Gordon Levitt stars as a high school student playing private eye in the complete and total revitalization of the noir genre.

Everyone who has ever enjoyed a noir film will love this movie. Amazing.
    I saw this years ago. Awesome movie.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln

Saw this new indie movie last night. Marion Cotillard plays an environmental activist who tries to fulfill her deceased father's vision, while Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays an orphan who looks to a fellow orphan as mentor to find strength and piece. Really moving stuff.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

Having been off work for about a week, I spent a lot of hangover time watching TV. So yes, some of these movies are old.

Total Recall: 4/10. This movie has NOT aged well. It may have been considered OK 20 years ago, but now I consider it a great concept with utterly dreadful execution. I'm actually glad they're remaking this one. It was terribly cheese.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra: 2/10. How this movie ever got made is beyond me. Simply awful. Channing Tatum has all the acting range of a frying pan. Talents like Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and even Dennis Quaid are utterly wasted with this garbage script. Sienna Miller in the Baroness outfit was nice. That's about it. Complete crap.

Life: 5/10. The one from about 12 years ago with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence as two guys who get wrongly sentenced to a chain gang in rural Mississippi during Prohibition. Meh. The film does an OK job with Eddie and Martin's characters coming to grips with the inevitability of them spending the rest of their lives in the custody of the state, with some pretty good supporting performances from Bernie Mac, Anthony Anderson and the guy from Juwanna Mann. Then it's completely ruined by an ass pull of an ending.

Friends With Kids: 6/10. Jennifer Westfeldt and Adam Scott star as two friends who want a kid, so they do the nasty and have a kid. It's rather predictable, but it has heart. Megan Fox is in it. She's a terrible actress.
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by haveacigar View Post
    Saw this new indie movie last night. Marion Cotillard plays an environmental activist who tries to fulfill her deceased father's vision, while Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays an orphan who looks to a fellow orphan as mentor to find strength and piece. Really moving stuff.
    I also saw this movie. Christian Bale plays a misunderstood philanthropist who must defeat his critics.

I can't ****ing believe I wrote "strength and piece." Wow.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

Quote Originally Posted by haveacigar View Post
    I can't ****ing believe I wrote "strength and piece." Wow.
    lern 2 english
    derp

I also saw this movie. Christian Bale plays a misunderstood philanthropist who must defeat his critics.
    Mickey Rourke plays a washed-up nobody who wants just one more shot at the big time.
    derp

I saw Dark Knight Rises for a second time. Definitely improves on second viewing, I loved it the first time but second viewing made me appreciat a lot of what Nolan did.

I saw Dark Knight Rises for a second time. Definitely improves on second viewing, I loved it the first time but second viewing made me appreciat a lot of what Nolan did.
    I was thinking of watching it a 2nd time this weekend too. It is just that awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

I watched a movie of ragecage having the sex with a horse
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I watched a movie of ragecage having the sex with a horse
    I'd rather watch Willow.

I just got the extended DVD director's cut of Drive. This one has a grand total of 32 lines of dialogue, with an extra 3 horrendously shitty tunes as well. It also runs for 5 hours, which, according to reviewers, feels like 72.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    I just got the extended DVD director's cut of Drive. This one has a grand total of 32 lines of dialogue, with an extra 3 horrendously shitty tunes as well. It also runs for 5 hours, which, according to reviewers, feels like 72.
    I admire that you're so committed to the joke that you bought a movie you hate.

I will learn to enjoy it. I feel like the 5th viewing will impart all the terrific filmmaking that I somehow missed