Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie did you watch lately?

Re: What movie did you watch lately?

Tyler Perry's I can do bad all by myself

Anyone excited for Saw 11?
    My runs created per 27 posts (RC/27p) was 12.4 last year. I should've been MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by KowboyKoop View Post
    Anyone excited for Saw 11?
    I seen that one, but im looking forward to Drill Press 13 and 2/3.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

A hilarious Star Trek/Babylon 5 parody called "Star Wreck". It's free and the download is a bit over 500MB (make sure you get the one with subtitles burned in if you don't understand Finnish).

They have an Imperial Version (which isn't free) that has better special effects, etc, but the free one has pretty good effects on its own. It's so tongue-in-cheek that it nearly had me rolling on the floor laughing (literally!).

Well worth the download if you're into parodies/satire.

Quote Originally Posted by yamiviet View Post
    most movies degenerated girls
    That's why they are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ragecage View Post
    The first scene was great, it had its moments, but I was still disappointed with it. Love all of his other work, this though just didnt appeal to me.
    I loved Inglorious Basterds. The guy who played the Nazi Colonel should win Best Supporting Actor. He STOLE that film.

Thumbs up Re: What movie did you watch lately?

"Donkey Punch" Good Brit film.
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

I recently watched:

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.
    I wasted $1 at a RedBox to rent this. $200 million dollars of special effects, and all you get is crap. Even my girlfriend, during some piss-poor parents-in-danger scene, said "Wow, no one here can act." Between the LeBouef-fest, Megan Fox, bumbling parents and piss-poor John Turturro casting/scripting choices, a script written by morons, robots scripted to by like spongebob, and this entire suck-fest of a mind-numbingly stupid plot, this is probably the worst movie ever made.

So people avoided it, right? No one would have paid $10 to see this ****. Right? We're smarter than that, right? We'd never let a travesty like this become a billion-dollar success, or care more about Britney and Jon + Kate's divorce than our own government, our families, and world culture....right?

I mean, what kind of world would that be?

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

There is only one way this film is any good to yuou, and that's if you just came out of Transformers 2. They tried to squeeze in some decent character backstories, but it ended up looking like a sappy teenage program from the WB. This homicidal terrorist used to date this brain-dead soldier boy, and they both know the kid who ends up being Cobra Commander...just silly.

Hundreds of millions is special effects, all just a waste. The action parts are barely entertaining. The dialogue...oh my god, it was walk-out bad. Channing Tatum, or Stocker Channing, or Stocker Channing Tatum, whatever the guy's name is, is useless - depth-less. This guy makes Chris Pine look like Brando. And Marlon Wayans - really? First Dungeons and Dragons, now this? It's like the execs say hey, we're making a movie targeting nerds in their 20's...let's get a safe black presence. How about a Wayans! But you know, nothing too controversial. I've never yearned for David Alan Grier or good old Keenan or Damon so much.

That wasn't even the WORST casting choice. Zartan, instead of an Aussie, is the Mummy guy, totally overused after 24. The WORST, however, was the president. Longtime Terry Gilliam cast member Jonathan Pryce, a WELSH actor, portrays the US president. I mean...this has to be braind-dead, right? Did Terry Schiavo work on this casting job?

The end is the kicker. Bad Guy #2 instantly has a plot to take over everything, and was just waiting to enact it. And it gets him...nowhere. And to boot, the massive underground/underwater comlpex that somehow no one saw, is crushed by falling ice. Ice...falls through the water...hits the underwater fortress. If that doesn't make sense to you, congratulations, you are smarter than the writers for this flick.

Most depressing thought ever: they are already talking sequel. Why? Why why why why why.

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    I recently watched:

Most depressing thought ever: they are already talking sequel. Why? Why why why why why.
    Money money money money money money

Lots of people haven't learned the mastery of a skill that I possess: knowing which movies will completely blow based on only the previews. Too many people see all the special effects and think "oh, that looks cool" so they waste their money on it..and even worse, lots of people actually like movies that are ONLY special effects.

I can tell right away which movies are guaranteed bombs, like the movie '2012.' I knew in the first ten seconds of that preview that it would be an absolute pile of **** that just draws people in because of retard special effects. That movie is going to be laughably bad...yet it will draw because people saw cool pictures on the screen and were fooled for the 1,000th time in a row.

I love this trailer for 2012. It takes out the special effects and focuses on the actors and what a GREAT performance they give...

I would like to see Pirate Radio I think it will be great

I agree with you KK. I also knew 2012 would be a pile of crap. I got a text msg from a friend that told me that movie sucked and I told him hes more of an idiot wasting money and time for a movie like that.

Frankly anything after Star Trek this year has sort of been a disappointment. Theres a few decent flicks, but Star Trek was really the first action movie and it was the best of 2009.
    I'm an idiot

lern 2 english

I watched Hamlet 2 last week and enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragecage View Post
    I agree with you KK. I also knew 2012 would be a pile of crap. I got a text msg from a friend that told me that movie sucked and I told him hes more of an idiot wasting money and time for a movie like that.

Frankly anything after Star Trek this year has sort of been a disappointment. Theres a few decent flicks, but Star Trek was really the first action movie and it was the best of 2009.
    I disagree. District 9 and Inglorious Basterds were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDuck1989 View Post
    I disagree. District 9 and Inglorious Basterds were excellent.
    Im still waiting for District 9 to come out on DVD. You know how I feel about IB, so no sense going down that again.
    I'm an idiot

lern 2 english