Thread: In September call-ups, allow user to add both rotation and bullpen spots

In September call-ups, allow user to add both rotation and bullpen spots

If I have a guy who's an SP on his scouting card, during September call-ups, I sure as heck would like to have the option to add him to the rotation, as opposed to the bullpen.

Re: In September call-ups, allow user to add both rotation and bullpen spots

You can. Just move him into the rotation...

I believe the original poster wanted to ADD him to the rotation, not use him to replace a pitcher in the rotation.

Which is a motion that I would 2nd.

6 or 7 man rotations

If that's the case, then this is the 2nd thread, the first of which he deleted, in which he asked for 6 man rotation in a very cryptic way, instead of just saying "I'd like the option for a 6 man rotation."

I'm talking about as part of September call-ups, where it says bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYANKSGONJ View Post
    I'm talking about as part of September call-ups, where it says bullpen.
    But...why? There's 5 (or 3, or 4, depending on how you set it) rotation slots. Every other slot, obviously, is in the bullpen. If you want a guy in the rotation, move him to a rotation slot...

Well...using BM rules

If he put one of his September call-ups into the rotation that player would begin accruing ML service time.

If he kept the player in the minors (so to speak) then he could use him to start without accruing service time. So it is a little bit different.

Well, to that, I say that BM should be adjusted so that September call-ups DO accrue service time, as they do in real life.

Of course, that'd be detrimental if Sept. call-ups stay as they are where 15 people are automatically called up, instead of simply allowing each team to have the option of carrying UP TO 15 extra players, rather than a mandatory 15 players, which is something I've long wanted to see anyway.

Well, to that, I say that I agree.

However. With the rules the way that they currently are, someone should be able to use the player (in the rotation or as the starting lineup) without it affecting their service time.

This would mostly be useful for leagues and such

But why waste time implementing such a function, when the time could be better spent on a fix that would make Sept. call-ups work like real life? Instead of making it so that things can work better under the incorrect rules, the rules should be made correct.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    But why waste time implementing such a function, when the time could be better spent on a fix that would make Sept. call-ups work like real life? Instead of making it so that things can work better under the incorrect rules, the rules should be made correct.
    Agreed. Note that September call-ups are related to the "fixed template" of 14 position players and 11 pitchers. Bug after bug occurs because, in too many places in the code, things were obviously hard-coded for the default roster size.

Starred and added to my Bug/Suggestion Thread