Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Result Summary App

Result Summary App - version 5

Version 5

Changed parsing code to work with BBM 2K11 as well as earlier versions.

Version 4.2

Added number of innings in parentheses at the end of the result, i.e. at BOS 8, LAA 7 (11), if there were extra innings in the game.

Version 4.1

Fixed issues with v4 that were not working right with regards to the scoring play summaries.

Version 4

Added entire half-innings of the recap to the game summary under the following conditions:

last half inning if game decided by three runs or less (four runs or less if bottom of the inning, to account for walkoff grand slams)
    top of ninth if lead blown
    bottom of ninth if lead blown
    bottom of extra inning if lead blown

Thanks to Jellio for the suggestion and the challenge.

Version 3.1

Added pitching substitutions to the "Scoring Plays" output

Modified widths of output areas, and allowed for the resizing of the right-hand output area (where the scores are).

Version 3

With version 3, this application has been completely revamped, so I am recreating this post from scratch.

The zip file contains two files - the exe file, and the Divisions.ini file that drives the Standings calculations. This Divisions file is currently set to use two divisions (American League, National League), but can be edited for as many divisions as you like. The divisions should appear in the standings in the order in which they are put into the file. The list of teams is just a listing of the abbreviation used in the box scores and the full name of the team.

Instructions:

1. There are two sets of date ranges in the app now - one for standings and one for scores/summaries. This way, you can get the standings for a large date range without having to get the scores and such for every game in that range.

2. The "Calc Standings" checkbox determines whether the standings will be calculated when you hit the "Show Games/Standings" button. This process is the most time consuming, and if you are just changing the display of the scores and summaries, you will likely not want to recalc the standings each time.

3. The "Show Summaries Only" (SSO) checkbox will show different output based on whether the "Show Forum Code" (SFC) checkbox is checked. If the SFC checkbox is NOT checked, checking the SSO box will show the results ONLY, with a colon after each score so that you can add your own comments if you want to (after copying and pasting into the forum). If the SFC checkbox IS checked, checking the SSO box will give forum code for a code box containing the result, winning pitcher, losing pitcher, and any home runs for each game in the range. This can be copied to the forums as a league summary. For examples, you can check out the "The Impossible Premonition" dynasty - I used this feature there to test it out. There are also screenshots on page 4 of this forum.

4. If the SSO checkbox is not checked, then the output will be much like the Dynasty Results app, only for all of the games in the date range specified. You will get the linescores, pitcher performances, home runs, and stars of the game (using the Star Minimum input box value as a cutoff). If you check the "Show Scoring Plays" box, you will see all of the scoring plays for each game as well.

5. Once games have been retrieved, you can click on the game list (between Open Box Score and Open Recap) and choose a game, and then choose the Open Box Score or Open Recap button to view the full box score or recap for that game in Notepad.

6. The Save Settings button will save the current settings of the text areas and the checkboxes (except for the Calc Standings box) to the Summary.ini file. Once that has been done, the input areas will be filled in when you open the app again. This works much like the Dynasty Results App as well.

Some screenshots, showing what can be done:

Generating code for the forums with game summaries and standings:
    Name:  v3forumcodesummary.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  206.9 KB

Same thing, but without the forum code box checked:
    Name:  v3summary.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  129.8 KB

Showing scoring plays, not recalculating standings:
    Name:  v3scoringplays.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  163.3 KB

The Game List dropdown, where you can select the game for the viewing of the box score or recap:
    Name:  v3gamelist.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  103.2 KB

Feedback is appreciated. Zip file is attached here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mizerak; 04-01-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added version 5

Re: Result Summary App

If possible, I'd like to see it just like the ESPN scoreboard.

Inning by inning runs, R, H, E, Winning pitcher, Losing pitcher, Save, and HR's.

Pretty much what Houston said.

Houston's is a good example. Now, could one be written that shows the upcoming days games with SP's?

A daily scoreboard would be very nice, and very helpful when writing dynasties.
    Active Dynasty
    Meeting Success: A New Regime - Follow us as etothep chronicles me and eddie's efforts to bring a championship back to Queens

Paused Dynasties
    The Goose continues the Hawk's battle for Capital Hill
    Une Rève Réaliser: Les Expos de Montréal (1969-)

Retired Dynasties
    The San Diego Padres, into a Friar Destiny (with Jeffy25 and Ragecage)
    A New Era Takes Flight - The 2008 Toronto Blue Jays
    The Blue Birds: A new Era

Quote Originally Posted by Mickademus View Post
    Houston's is a good example. Now, could one be written that shows the upcoming days games with SP's?
    No. There is no way for an external app to get access to that information.

It would also be cool if it had links to each individual box score.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    It would also be cool if it had links to each individual box score.
    Interesting idea. The box scores would be text files, but maybe it could open the text file by hitting a button or something next to the summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerak View Post
    Interesting idea. The box scores would be text files, but maybe it could open the text file by hitting a button or something next to the summary.
    Yeah, that's what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerak View Post
    I'd be happy with something that looked like the ESPN scoreboard. But if there was a link to the box score, maybe you wouldn't need to list the winning and losing pitchers, HRs, saves, etc., since all of that information could be access by clicking the box score link. In that case, you would only need the scoreboard page to feature all of the scores from the league for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
    I'd be happy with something that looked like the ESPN scoreboard. But if there was a link to the box score, maybe you wouldn't need to list the winning and losing pitchers, HRs, saves, etc., since all of that information could be access by clicking the box score link. In that case, you would only need the scoreboard page to feature all of the scores from the league for that day.
    I think the basic things like winning/losing pitchers, save (if there is one), HRs, etc. should be included so you can get a good idea of the game without having to go into the boxscores.
    Active Dynasty
    Meeting Success: A New Regime - Follow us as etothep chronicles me and eddie's efforts to bring a championship back to Queens

Paused Dynasties
    The Goose continues the Hawk's battle for Capital Hill
    Une Rève Réaliser: Les Expos de Montréal (1969-)

Retired Dynasties
    The San Diego Padres, into a Friar Destiny (with Jeffy25 and Ragecage)
    A New Era Takes Flight - The 2008 Toronto Blue Jays
    The Blue Birds: A new Era

Quote Originally Posted by gosensgo101 View Post
    I think the basic things like winning/losing pitchers, save (if there is one), HRs, etc. should be included so you can get a good idea of the game without having to go into the boxscores.
    Yes, that's the idea. The link to the box score would be just in case you're curious about the game. The app should produce something that gives you a general overview of all of the day's games.

This should really exist in Mogul.

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=179909
    http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=186079

Obviously a lot of people want it as this thread is getting a lot of attention, but by the time one outputs the boxes and parses them...

I'd really like to see Clay add this to the game next year.

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    This should really exist in Mogul.

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=179909
    http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=186079

Obviously a lot of people want it as this thread is getting a lot of attention, but by the time one outputs the boxes and parses them...

I'd really like to see Clay add this to the game next year.
    It is true that if you are looking for what happened YESTERDAY (i.e. current sim day - 1) it is a lot of trouble to export the box scores each time you want to run the app. I wish there was a way to only EXPORT the box scores from a sim date range, so you do not have to keep exporting the entire season's worth just to get the new ones.

Version 1 released

I just released version 1 of this app in the first post. Please let me know what you think, what you think is missing, etc.