Thread: Suggestion: Show Year-To-Date and future Expenses Data

Suggestion: Show Year-To-Date and future Expenses Data

Inspired by another thread...

What I would like to see is a breakdown of Year-To-Date expenses.

As it currently stands without going outside of the game (Excel, pen and paper, calculator, etc) one cannot figure out how much they have spent on different expenses (PAYROLL, Medical, Farm, and Scouting) during the season. Or even after the season.

On the finances dialogue there is an Expenses (To Date) column. But it isn't broken down. I think it would be helpful to show each expense, as each expenses changes during the course of the year.

I also think it would be useful to see future expense data for each expense.

For example, if I add a $18,000,000 player 36 games into the season (or subtract a $13,000,000 player 88 games into the season, etc) how will that affect my total payroll for the season.

Also, how much will increasing my Scouting investment by $5,000,000 on July 3rd actually cost. Etc...

Re: Suggestion: Show Year-To-Date and future Expenses Data

This, to me, is probably nearly equally with a "No-Sim-Ahead" password, and also the Farm System slider.

This feature, in the Financial screen, would be a HUGE step in helping commissioners of league play - HUGE.

Filihok I believe stated this very well, and I hope this is something that many you agree with, and believe should be implemented into the Financial tag options.

Thanks very much for the post...truly a must have add-on, in my mind.

Having a "year-to-date payroll paid" tag, and a "Projected Payroll Paid" tag are both vitally important to league play, in my opinion.

agreed

BUMP this.

I'm starting a new game after simming 30 years into the future. I'm taking over a team after the playoffs and before free agency.

While trying to determine how much I can spend on players and expenses next year, I was reminded that that can't be figured out very well with Mogul's current financial display.

The biggest problem is that NOWHERE in the game is the amount of money spent on expenses for the previous (or in progress) year listed. NOWHERE.

On my current game I'm taking over I can see what the team earned last year in Revenue. And I can see how much profit they made. But I can't see how the money was spent. It is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out if the amount paid for payroll last year was $4.24 or $76,245,234. IMPOSSIBLE.

That should change.

This dude summarized the problem pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by mattygerst View Post
    You have a 50 M payroll, all the way to the Trade Deadline. July 31st comes, and you trade a $1 Million player for a 15 M player. Your payroll is now 64 M. At year end, it will show 64 M in total payroll - BUT, you certainly didn't spend 64 M in payroll in the season...you only payed the 15 M player a percentage of his total salary that he made on your team.

But...there is no where to figure this out in the game and the only way to do it now isdoing it manually on a spreadsheet (and, when running a league...this takes the time to do for EVERY TEAM). Thats a lot of time, Ohms.