Thread: Infrequently Asked Questions

Infrequently Asked Questions

1) Can you please tell me how I can create a customized modern league using only using 20 teams without deleting players? In other words, whenever I delete a team to get down to twenty teams, it deletes the players from that team also. Is there any way to get around this?

The easiest way to do this is probably to edit a text file included with Baseball Mogul that we call the 'Roster File'.

When you click 'Modern' at the startup screen, Baseball Mogul reads a file called '2009-Rosters.csv' in order to decide which teams to put each player on. Here's how to find this file from inside Baseball Mogul:

1) Choose 'Open Game Folder' from the Help Menu.
    2) Double-click the 'Input' folder.
    3) Double-click the 'Players' folder.

I recommend a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel for editing this file, but you can also use a text editor like 'Notepad'. (You may wish to make a backup copy of this file before you edit it).

The column labeled 'Team' specifies which team each player is on. If you would like a player to start on a different team, enter a different 3-letter abbreviation on that player's row.

When you are done editing, close the file and start a 'new game' in Baseball Mogul. Then click 'Modern'.

For more info on the 'Roster File':

http://www.sportsmogul.com/content/rosters.html
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Re: Infrequently Asked Questions

Hi. I am new to the baseball game and I was wondering if there was a way we can purchase or download all the different stadium backgrounds to our game. So for example when you are playing Colorado, you are playing in Coors Field. Like Stratomatic Baseball

Where can I download player photos from the 50's era.

wondering the same thing! where is the answer to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich1515 View Post
    Where can I download player photos from the 50's era.
    Check the Baseball Mogul: Mods section...one of the first threads listed has links to great player photos, rosters, stadium photos and more.

From that thread, this in particular may be what you are looking for...

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showpos...04&postcount=7

Just one, I believe, infrequently asked question
    I'm relatively new to baseball (and from Russia - mostly, we don't know what the baseball is here), so I have one thing to ask.
    Playing fictionary league (starting 1901) and wondering why pitchers hit MUCH (well, maybe not much, but still...) better than batters (and have a better contact ratings, in fact). Was it common thing for those days, called "deadball era", or it's some sort of bug??
    Thanks for responds.

This may be a stupid question, but does one need to just download the most recent patch, or all the past patches to bring in all the changes made?

I have Diamond V18.05, and want to upgrade to V18.14. Do I need to install just the latest, or all the patched up to 14?

Wide screen support?I'm playing Diamond currently but when I enlarge to fill screen In pbp mode ,the player photos stretch and everything looks a bit truncated.