Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SUGGESTION: Allow user to assign playing time to minor league position players

SUGGESTION: Allow user to assign playing time to minor league position players

From this post

Seeing how Clay addressed the minor league pitcher usage issue, I could see a similar feature for position players.

Allow the user to assign a priority to minor league players.

For example a rating of 1 - 3 stars

If there are two players at the same position at the same level the priority rating would tell the AI who to give more playing time to.

This would be most helpful when the following situation arises:
    AAA
    SS: Johnny B Prospect (71/95)
    SS: Older den Dirt (73/73)

The way Mogul currently works the Older den Dirt player would get the majority of playing time hindering the star prospects development.

Giving the prospect the higher priority rating would give him the playing time.

Re: SUGGESTION: Allow user to assign playing time to minor league position players

Agreed.

Re: SUGGESTION: Allow user to assign playing time to minor league position players

i 3rd this

As you would say fili, Precis!
    My Simulation Settings Widget

My 1901-2008 Simulation Settings (March 6, 2009 Update: Now runs through 1951)

"I think 'competing' is the key word in your phrase. The Rays are not competitive in the playoff race this year, nor do they seem to me to be on track to in the coming years." - LQ1Z34 on 08/23/11
    "Bwahahahahahah! Don't count your chickens before they've hatched dude." - Me on 09/25/11

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

"Science exists, moreover, only as a journey toward truth. Stifle dissent and you end that journey." - John Charles Polanyi

I'm sure it simple enough for Clay to do!

How about it Clay, can we hear from you?

I would like this too

It could be done just like the minor league pitchers

Usage:
    Starter
    Bench

I'd probably add a platoon split as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGLEBOP View Post
    For minors? Cool enough, but I'll be very satisfied just being able to tell the game to play my prospect more than my vet

I'd like to see the option to change usage (the way you can do with pitchers now) not only for playing time, but for position.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe12Pack View Post
    I'd like to see the option to change usage (the way you can do with pitchers now) not only for playing time, but for position.
    That's a very good point

Then I guess going back to 1Q from here would be the best way. Though, seeing how he did it with pitchers there must be something in the code that makes it not easy to do it that way

Quote Originally Posted by BINGLEBOP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    For minors? Cool enough, but I'll be very satisfied just being able to tell the game to play my prospect more than my vet
    Agreed, those two options would be enough. I'd just like something "in the middle" for those times when you have two veterans that have reached their peak. I'd like to have them split time, regardless of if they're lefties or righties.

I try to avoid this situation by not having two players at the same position at the same level in the minors. When I haven't been able to avoid it both players have always been prospects, usually at AAA when I'm a year or two away from making room on the active roster; I've never kept old-timers in my minors. I find it hard to imagine I would ever want to platoon players in the minors.

I have fiddled with pitcher usage to some extent and could see making use of secondary position assignments -- a catcher who could play a decent third base or outfield would be handy.

definitely love this idea... I've got a few vets or specs that didn't turn in to much but could fill in on the ML bench if needed. They're sitting in the minors, and because they're a little better they get all the playing time. Additionally if you have a deep minor league system, you may have 6 specs at one position divided among 4 levels. It would be nice to specify which specs are to receive the majority of the playing time.