Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for another app

Re: Ideas for another app

Working on the latest incarnation of the Box Score Parser has led me to an idea for a new app...tentatively called the Matchup App. Using the recaps, it should be possible to generate (with a small degree of error) the results for every hitter-pitcher matchup and store the values (game date, home/road, hitter name and team, pitcher name and team, inning, half of inning (top or bottom), possibly runners and number of outs (though number of outs may not be possible), result of at-bat) in a database. Once we have the values in the database, we can pull the "How did my hitters do against this pitcher?" data. Not really possible to get RBIs, but hits with RISP may be available.

It would not be easy, but if I could get the data into the database (so it only needs to be generated once, like the new Parser) it may be worth doing. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerak View Post
    Working on the latest incarnation of the Box Score Parser has led me to an idea for a new app...tentatively called the Matchup App. Using the recaps, it should be possible to generate (with a small degree of error) the results for every hitter-pitcher matchup and store the values (game date, home/road, hitter name and team, pitcher name and team, inning, half of inning (top or bottom), possibly runners and number of outs (though number of outs may not be possible), result of at-bat) in a database. Once we have the values in the database, we can pull the "How did my hitters do against this pitcher?" data. Not really possible to get RBIs, but hits with RISP may be available.

It would not be easy, but if I could get the data into the database (so it only needs to be generated once, like the new Parser) it may be worth doing. Thoughts?
    I did something similar in excel for last year's version of baseball mogul, I could give you the code if you are interested.

EDIT: I have attached the file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vaskov17; 09-19-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery!

Quote Originally Posted by vaskov17 View Post
    I did something similar in excel for last year's version of baseball mogul, I could give you the code if you are interested.

EDIT: I have attached the file
    I had a feeling that you had done something like this, since you have done a lot of work with RISP data and parsing the recaps...I will leave this one alone, then, as I do not really have time to recode what is already out there. :-)

schedule generator

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    schedule generator
    There are schedule generators out there...I found one after looking in threads on this forum.

Yeh, but the stickware one isn't too good in my opinion

But you're right that it gets the job done

Yes definitely looking for a schedule generator so I can see a schedule in a way that makes sense. There is no way in the game to be able to see about the next game or series until you'd go to play it.