Thread: Making it easier to follow whats going on in the league...

Making it easier to follow whats going on in the league...

When i play sports management games, i always like to know what is going on with the other teams in the league as well. It creates a more realistic overall feel for the game, in my opinion. Here are a few suggestions:

- every week, during the season(i.e on Mondays), you could get a sorted leaderboard for all the key individual statistics for the previous week. The stats could be erased every week, so you could only see the stats for the previous week, if it otherwise would take too much CPU, and make the game slower.

- As an supplement to the "Calendar", there should be a "Tonight's Games" and "Last Night's Games" section, where you could every day, see the results of the previous days games and see the current days games listed. If possible, the winning pitcher, and some basic stats from the games could be listed as well, and obviously the box scores and recaps would be accessible by clicking on the games. This would make it much easier to follow what is going on daily around the league, and it shouldnt make the game any slower. Alternatively, the ticker at the bottom of the screen could have the results and upcoming games listed.

- Highlighting severe or key injuries in the 'Injuries' section in Transactions. If a starting player gets an injury that will keep him out for more than a few days, it could be written in a different colour. If a starter gets injured for over a month, it could be written in another color. This would make it easy to see when a serious injury hits a team, without having to scroll the Injury-list every day meticulously.

- This has been suggested before, but having the possibility to see active hitting streaks, and not just get a notice once they are over.

- A list that starts i.e at the AS break, where you can see players listed who are on pace to break single season MLB records in the different categories. I dont really follow the less signifigant stats all that often, and sometimes i may not notice if someone breaks a record. Also, there could be some kind of "Milestone Watch" list, where you can see a list of players getting closer to breaking career records.

I think these suggestions are pretty realistic, and wouldnt require any revamp of the way the game is programmed. I know that many BM-players play their seasons very fast, but for the ones like me, who like to play slow, these additions would be great...

Re: Making it easier to follow whats going on in the league...

Quote Originally Posted by Jellio View Post
    When i play sports management games, i always like to know what is going on with the other teams in the league as well. It creates a more realistic overall feel for the game, in my opinion.
    Absolutely!

Here are a few suggestions:

- every week, during the season(i.e on Mondays), you could get a sorted leaderboard for all the key individual statistics for the previous week. The stats could be erased every week, so you could only see the stats for the previous week, if it otherwise would take too much CPU, and make the game slower.
    Perhaps on the leader board there could be a 'Last Ten Days' tab along with the current year, last year, AAA, etc tab. Then it could sort leaders according to the last ten game data that is already calculated on the players cards.

- As an supplement to the "Calendar", there should be a "Tonight's Games" and "Last Night's Games" section, where you could every day, see the results of the previous days games and see the current days games listed. If possible, the winning pitcher, and some basic stats from the games could be listed as well, and obviously the box scores and recaps would be accessible by clicking on the games. This would make it much easier to follow what is going on daily around the league, and it shouldnt make the game any slower. Alternatively, the ticker at the bottom of the screen could have the results and upcoming games listed.
    YES!!! I've asked for this before and it got a fair amount of support.

- Highlighting severe or key injuries in the 'Injuries' section in Transactions. If a starting player gets an injury that will keep him out for more than a few days, it could be written in a different colour. If a starter gets injured for over a month, it could be written in another color. This would make it easy to see when a serious injury hits a team, without having to scroll the Injury-list every day meticulously.
    I agree. I don't know what the best way to do this would be. Colors is ok, I suppose. I think there would be some complexities to work out in classifying the significance of injuries to different players.

- This has been suggested before, but having the possibility to see active hitting streaks, and not just get a notice once they are over.
    Yep. Another good idea

- A list that starts i.e at the AS break, where you can see players listed who are on pace to break single season MLB records in the different categories. I dont really follow the less signifigant stats all that often, and sometimes i may not notice if someone breaks a record. Also, there could be some kind of "Milestone Watch" list, where you can see a list of players getting closer to breaking career records.
    A mile stone watch would be cool. Same as the hitting streak thing. It's a little weird to be playing along and suddenly see that ARod hit his 800th with no fanfare for passing Ruth or Aaron or B*nds

Re: Making it easier to follow whats going on in the league...

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    A mile stone watch would be cool. Same as the hitting streak thing. It's a little weird to be playing along and suddenly see that ARod hit his 800th with no fanfare for passing Ruth or Aaron or B*nds
    Definitely agree.
    "Baseball statistics are a lot like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."-Toby Harrah

"It's hard to look pissed off eating Apple Jacks."-Sh*t my Dad Says