Thread: Bugs..., recommendation, and complaints.

Bugs..., recommendation, and complaints.

I have created this list of bugs, complaints, problems, and advice. I hope I get a respond at least and of course I hope we get all of them fixed. This is just the tip of the iceberg of things ive noticed while playing for awhile.

Lets start with delay stealing. The runner at second goes and gets tagged out but the third runner doesn’t go. When tagging up or just with a straight ground ball. It should go without saying that with computer he always scores.

I hate the option of delay double steal its a waste of time. The runners should go regardless if an obvious sign to take off. I also hate that option because it restricts you from hitting. Might as well just take a pitch.

Even with the delay steal option, it doesn’t always go and it just is an automatic option because it restricts hitting and it’s more like guessing and taking a pitch not really a REAL delay pitch.

Another problem is when the bases are loaded you can’t hit the run and hit option. That’s a serious problem because what happens if you want to run and hit on a 3-2 count? especially with 2 outs. Another bug.

The wild pitch is a laugh too. I’ve seen the pc throw many pitches in the dirt but not many wild pitches.

One annoying option that they don’t have in the box score is that it doesn’t say how many pitches a pitcher makes to the batter. Is there anyway to make box score show how many pitches the pitcher made to each batter? The same thing goes about recap and even in the stats. There should be a stats and when recapping the game for distance of a home run. Details of home runs should be in the game. Home runs are an important part of the game.

When the pitcher throws the pitch and the hitter pops up to catcher gives the impression of a strike out and the ball doesn’t even pop up to in the screen high in the air. The ball just disappears and then it states caught by catcher after delay.

There also seems to be a problem with fast runners. Sometimes I have an extremely fast runner in first with a slow pitch thrown and an above average catcher but the runner still gets thrown out. That’s just not possible. In other words stealing is kinda random and not always accurate. The same thing happens with tagging up. A hitter can almost miss a home run and I tag from first with a super fast runner an less than average outfield arm and I always get thrown out. That is a major problem. Is there anyway to make that way more realistic or just take that option out? I unlike the computer don’t always have the option of double tagging up. That is so obviously stupid that im surprised they didn’t just reconfigure the whole program just for that.

Sometimes when my pc is doing a lot of activities the game acts strange or slows down. Is there anyway to improve this. Multi-task and still have the game going strong?

The emotion of players is retarded. The player’s emotions changes all the time sometimes just by simply resuming the game. Is there anyway to make their emotions more stable or modify this?

Mapping of the player’s positions on the strategy of the defense doesn’t move when I change the defensive alignment. When I change my defense the defensive players should move as well but that doesn’t happen. They all stay in the same position no matter what defense I choose. That’s not right.

There also aren’t enough free agents and the ones that are there are way too expensive compared to the rookies or young players. If the free agent isn’t going to sign with anyone they should have the ability to take a lower pay cut. The minimum, which is 400,000, isn’t worth signing these free agents when you can sign a young player for about 12,000. There should be a meter where a sucky player should sign for less and im not even sure, do they have 10 day contracts?

This one has been talked about before but I wanted to reemphasize it. After a number of innings or pitches or games played a player might or might not be tired. I could sometimes put a reliever in the game for longer than a starter and the starter would be out for more games than the reliever, which is retarded. Is there anyway to fix this problem with innings, pitch count, games pitch problem?

1 Funny thing I noticed is that they can actually put in an injured player in the all-star game but not in a regular season game. What’s up with that?

How come the home run derby and all-star games unplayable?? That is ridiculous they are both fun and at the very least we should have the option of playing it.

Picture problems I have. This has also been mentioned though I’m not sure if it has been fixed. Right hander pitcher left handed picture, and same thing about batters. Ill look into it if it has been fixed if hasn’t that sucks and if it has and you know the link or whatever posting it would be nice. Thanks.

The headline doesn’t scroll down and because of this I cant read the whole headline in the newspaper. It only goes about half way or something.

Is there anyway we can upgrade the pitching vs. hitter mode like a real life game like playstation or whatever instead of guessing which is kinda lame.

Computer psyche. The computer almost always manages to guess what I’m about to throw or hit while of course this doesn’t go same way for me. That’s a problem. The pc should be more random and less at predicting at what I’m doing.

Being picked off is more common by the pc. Is there anyway to make it more balance or just take the option off?

Cut off Throws should be more realistic and more visible. We usually don’t have much option on this, which is an important phase of the game.

Rare feats can sometimes be too often like no-hitters and hitting for the cycle. This happens like once a year in baseball. In mogul it happens like 3 times a year. Sometimes its fun but its also kinda fake. Is there a way to edit this feature?

A problem with the catcher view is that sometimes I get a day game only on the catcher view when it should be night. Why is that way? I do have 2 pics for it by the way. Night and day.

We should also make a thread for cheats like how to make the most money from tickets and food sales, strategy, etc….. and we should have a section for miscellaneous pics like icons, of all phases of the skins. We have some people that post them but not in a section. Finding them, making people aware, and creating them( or helping us create our own) can be hard to find. The same thing goes for mogul wallpapers. We should have many and a section for them. It’ll be a lot cooler than the regular one we have at the very least just an option.

I have a problem with making a profit. I can never make a profit in money-making section. Sometimes I get close or I do but once I resume the game it pretty much always goes back to negative. Is there a specific reason why I could never get ahead of the game?

Other ones that I've thought about. I'm not sure but I dont think the players have jersey #s. How can players not have jersey #s? For sports that is beyond weird.

Players dont have alternate uniforms and alternate pics. They should have different uniforms and pics. The players should also have actual uniforms not the default grey uniforms that look like warm ups uni.

Ive noticed that the pitchers have the ability to edit some of the pitches. While other attributes are not avaliable to edit and the hitters have no attributes to edit. Whats up with that? We should have the option of editing everything. Especially with how fast players change up or down in there careers. They should give us the option to do whatever we want with it. Afterall it is a game.

The pitching and batting motions are all the same for all the players. Players should have real life or at least a little different notion than each other. its annoying that all the players have the same pitching motion or batting stance/ style. The pitcher at least has some kind of motion while hitters mostly just stand still. that makes the game dull. i think there is a way for us to try to edit that by adding our own pics but I'm not too sure about that one.

Bunting options have several issues that can be upgraded. Sometimes the pc can predict it ahead of time and sometimes the option lacks which side you want to bunt what type of bunt, etc... they can defiantly upgrade this facet of the game.

the pc doesnt know how to set line ups at all. Whether it be pitching or batting. Sometimes a homerun hitter hits second and sometimes a better pitcher is ranked lower in the starting slot. Is there a way to edit this for pc that is not commisoner option or a way that the pc has better judgement. It can also be about the manager the team has. This is bewildering how this game has no managers and no manager difference. its pretty much the pc doing the same thing all the time. of course in real life different teams have different managers and of course different stragedies. these options can be improved.

The catcher's mit doesnt move. we dont even see it and in real life the catcher moves all the time even to deceit the runner. That never happens in the game. The catcher is pretty much a statue. It should be able to move or at least give a better impression. They can also look better. Catchers are usually creative. they usually have different catchers mask and mits. None of this apply.

The celebrations are a joke. They can have more and better celebrations be a home run, walk off, champions or anything. They dont have anything that really defines celebration. They should improve that distractly. When you win the world series you want it to be awesome. Not just a newspaper headline.
    Last edited by Threesom666; 02-03-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    "Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation."

Re: Bugs..., recommendation, and complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Threesom666 View Post
    I have created this list of bugs, complaints, problems, and advice. I hope I get a respond at least and of course I hope we get all of them fixed. This is just the tip of the iceberg of things ive noticed while playing for awhile

Lets start with delay stealing. The runner at second goes and gets tagged out but the third runner doesnít go. When tagging up or just with a straight ground ball. It should go without saying that with computer he always scores.

I hate the option of delay double steal its a waste of time. The runners should go regardless if an obvious sign to take off. I also hate that option because it restricts you from hitting. Might as well just take a pitch.

Even with the delay steal option, it doesnít always go and it just is an automatic option because it restricts hitting and itís more like guessing and taking a pitch not really a REAL delay pitch.

Another problem is when the bases are loaded you canít hit the run and hit option. Thatís a serious problem because what happens if you want to run and hit on a 3-2 count? Another bug.
    I don't quite understand all the things you are talking about with delayed double steal. I rarely (never?) do it in the game.

I agree you should be able to run and hit with multiple runners on, or with a runner at second. A run and hit with the bases loaded is kinda weird, unless there are two outs. But, I guess it should be an option.

The wild pitch is a laugh too. Iíve seen the pc throw many pitches in the dirt but not many wild pitches.
    Somebody (Houston) will probably come along and say that the number of WP in the game is very close to the number in real life. Watch a real game, there are a lot more pitches in the dirt than WP's.

One annoying option that they donít have in the box score is that it doesnít say how many pitches a pitcher makes to the batter. Is there anyway to make box score show how many pitches the pitcher made to each batter? The same thing goes about recap and even in the stats. There should be a stats and when recapping the game for distance of a home run. Details of home runs should be in the game. Home runs are an important part of the game.
    That would be ok. You can look it up by looking at the pitcher game log (as long as the game was one of the pitcher's last ten games)

When the pitcher throws the pitch and the hitter pops up to catcher gives the impression of a strike out and the ball doesnít even pop up to in the screen high in the air. The ball just disappears and then it states caught by catcher after delay.
    I have also noticed this. Don't know why I've never seen it as a bug report. When a batter pops up the catcher view graphic shows the ball in the upper part of the strike zone spinning. There is no display on the field view.

There also seems to be a problem with fast runners. Sometimes I have an extremely fast runner in first with a slow pitch thrown and an above average catcher but the runner still gets thrown out. Thatís just not possible. In other words stealing is kinda random and not always accurate.
    Ricky Henderson got caught stealing a few times in his life. That happens.

The same thing happens with tagging up. A hitter can almost miss a home run and I tag from first with a super fast runner an less than average outfield arm and I always get thrown out. That is a major problem. Is there anyway to make that way more realistic or just take that option out?
    It's pretty rare in real life to tag from 1st. If you've tried it 100's of 1000's of times and been out EVERY time, maybe there's something wrong. Otherwise, keep trying...

I unlike the computer donít always have the option of double tagging up. That is so obviously stupid that im surprised they didnít just reconfigure the whole program just for that.
    Yeah...it's been mentioned and we should have the option

Sometimes when my pc is doing a lot of activities the game acts strange or slows down. Is there anyway to improve this. Multi-task and still have the game going strong?
    Get a faster computer.

The emotion of players is retarded. The playerís emotions changes all the time sometimes just by simply resuming the game. Is there anyway to make their emotions more stable or modify this?
    Never noticed.

Mapping of the playerís positions on the strategy of the defense doesnít move when I change the defensive alignment. When I change my defense the defensive players should move as well but that doesnít happen. They all stay in the same position no matter what defense I choose. Thatís not right.
    The player graphics are part of the stadium view and don't reflect the actual defense. It'd be ok to have in the game, but nothing I'm losing sleep over

There also arenít enough free agents and the ones that are there are way too expensive compared to the rookies or young players. If the free agent isnít going to sign with anyone they should have the ability to take a lower pay cut. The minimum, which is 400,000, isnít worth signing these free agents when you can sign a young player for about 12,000. There should be a meter where a sucky player should sign for less and im not even sure, do they have 10 day contracts?
    There are a lot of problems with free agency, that have been mentioned. Hopefully it'll get some attention. 10 day contracts are in the NBA not the MLB.

This one has been talked about before but I wanted to reemphasize it. After a number of innings or pitches or games played a player might or might not be tired. I could sometimes put a reliever in the game for longer than a starter and the starter would be out for more games than the reliever, which is retarded. Is there anyway to fix this problem with innings, pitch count, games pitch problem?
    I've never noticed this, but other people have brought it up. It appears to be a small problem.

1 Funny thing I noticed is that they can actually put in an injured player in the all-star game but not in a regular season game. Whatís up with that?
    Yeah...that could be improved.

How come the home run derby and all-star games unplayable?? That is ridiculous they are both fun and at the very least we should have the option of playing it.
    Yeah...we should

Picture problems I have. This has also been mentioned though Iím not sure if it has been fixed. Right hander pitcher left handed picture, and same thing about batters. Ill look into it if it has been fixed if hasnít that sucks and if it has and you know the link or whatever posting it would be nice. Thanks.
    Sure yeah. For created players the photo just refers to a random player portrait. It'd be nice if my left-handed pitcher didn't link to a right handed catcher. I agree.

The headline doesnít scroll down and because of this I cant read the whole headline in the newspaper. It only goes about half way or something.
    ???

Is there anyway we can upgrade the pitching vs. hitter mode like a real life game like playstation or whatever instead of guessing which is kinda lame.
    I'd prefer to take the guessing all the way out and just let the batter bat, but to each their own

Computer psyche. The computer almost always manages to guess what Iím about to throw or hit while of course this doesnít go same way for me. Thatís a problem. The pc should be more random and less at predicting at what Iím doing.
    This is probably just your perception. Or maybe you always do the same thing, and it is easy to guess.

Being picked off is more common by the pc. Is there anyway to make it more balance or just take the option off?
    I've never studied it, but it seems about even to me.

Cut off Throws should be more realistic and more visible. We usually donít have much option on this, which is an important phase of the game.
    I don't think people have mentioned this, but yeah. It is a good idea. You can adjust your cutoff throws in the strategy slider, but you can't actually see if your guys are making cutoff throws or not. It's hard to tell if I should do more or less, when I can't see how many I'm doing.

Rare feats can sometimes be too often like no-hitters and hitting for the cycle. This happens like once a year in baseball. In mogul it happens like 3 times a year. Sometimes its fun but its also kinda fake. Is there a way to edit this feature?
    I would tend to agree with this

A problem with the catcher view is that sometimes I get a day game only on the catcher view when it should be night. Why is that way? I do have 2 pics for it by the way. Night and day.
    There may be a mod that you can download for night views. Maybe I'm making that up though.

I have a problem with making a profit. I can never make a profit in money-making section. Sometimes I get close or I do but once I resume the game it pretty much always goes back to negative. Is there a specific reason why I could never get ahead of the game?
    You are paying your players too much, or charging too much or too little for tickets and concessions. You need to play around with these numbers to figure out what the optimal levels are. It's Baseball Mogul. The business is an important (and under utilized) part of the game

Well at first I thought you were bashing my post. But then I noticed you actually said your input which was helpful. Thanks. But you didnít quite fix anything. Lol. Just kidding. I added a few more ideas and I also have another similar post just around the block. Maybe youd like to comment on that too. Itll be fun.

--------I don't quite understand all the things you are talking about with delayed double steal. I rarely (never?) do it in the game.

I agree you should be able to run and hit with multiple runners on, or with a runner at second. A run and hit with the bases loaded is kinda weird, unless there are two outs. But, I guess it should be an option.

yea well you probably donít use that option a lot. if you did youd noticed the advantage it is to use it. I did mean mostly with 2 outs and I updated that part in my post.

Well my thought is you should have option regardless even if the strategy is stupid because after all it our choose and a lot of the things we do in baseball can be seen as stupid but sometimes stupid plays work. All im saying is that we should have options and that is a good one by the way. It puts pressure on the pc/ pitcher. The pc usually doesnít like when we run.

-----Somebody (Houston) will probably come along and say that the number of WP in the game is very close to the number in real life. Watch a real game, there are a lot more pitches in the dirt than WP's.

Sounds fine but is there at least an option to change the frequency on this?

------------That would be ok. You can look it up by looking at the pitcher game log (as long as the game was one of the pitcher's last ten games)

I didnít know that. That sounds fine. Ill look that up now whenever I want to check it. Of course 10 games is more than enough. I usually just want to know the recent games anyway.

------Ricky Henderson got caught stealing a few times in his life. That happens.

Im certain this is a mistake. Do you think Henderson wouldíve gotten caught against somebody like Wakefield?

-----It's pretty rare in real life to tag from 1st. If you've tried it 100's of 1000's of times and been out EVERY time, maybe there's something wrong. Otherwise, keep trying...

Could be but like I said in deep parts of the fields with a runner like sizemore and weak arm like Sosa it seems unlikely. If thatís the case than we should have the option to just take it out. To stop it from prompting. Iíd rather take my chances with stealing.

Get a faster computer.

Donít think itís a matter of Computer speed and I donít think thatís the only option.

The emotion of players is retarded. The playerís emotions changes all the time sometimes just by simply resuming the game. Is there anyway to make their emotions more stable or modify this?

Never noticed.

Probably cause you donít check it much. Its happens more than often.

Mapping of the playerís positions on the strategy of the defense doesnít move when I change the defensive alignment. When I change my defense the defensive players should move as well but that doesnít happen. They all stay in the same position no matter what defense I choose. Thatís not right.
    The player graphics are part of the stadium view and don't reflect the actual defense. It'd be ok to have in the game, but nothing I'm losing sleep over

Again a problem with the game. It helps the imagination and the strategy. They shouldve made it with real individual players and donít worry no one is losing sleep over most of it. Obviously they should heavily improve the game. Iím just helping the cause.

Quote:
    The headline doesnít scroll down and because of this I cant read the whole headline in the newspaper. It only goes about half way or something.
    ???

In the newspaper section. As in the headlines. If you noticed when they have long summaries it doesnít finish. I cant scroll down to finish reading the paper. Iím sure others have experienced this.

I'd prefer to take the guessing all the way out and just let the batter bat, but to each their own

Even that should be an option. Lol. But really id like it to be more game play. Itíll be be better than just being a manager or wizard.
    "Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation."

Computer psyche. The computer almost always manages to guess what Iím about to throw or hit while of course this doesnít go same way for me. Thatís a problem. The pc should be more random and less at predicting at what Iím doing.

This is probably just your perception. Or maybe you always do the same thing, and it is easy to guess.

No obviously the computer guesses a lot of what Iím throwing or where what pitch Iím guessing. Even when I guess right I donít get a hit. But I think its pretty obvious the PC knows what weíre doing. What level do you play on?

Cut off Throws should be more realistic and more visible. We usually donít have much option on this, which is an important phase of the game.

I don't think people have mentioned this, but yeah. It is a good idea. You can adjust your cutoff throws in the strategy slider, but you can't actually see if your guys are making cutoff throws or not. It's hard to tell if I should do more or less, when I can't see how many I'm doing.

Of course. I even forgot about the sliders and stuff. I should look that up more so I can remember. They should have more tweaks. Like when they say steals and tag ups they donít really mention the situation. Like stealing could just be seen as stealing home and who wants to do that?

There may be a mod that you can download for night views. Maybe I'm making that up though.

There is. I have night view games or whatever. But some of them are not being shown in the right way and thatís what Iím talking about. I have pics for the night games but sometimes the catchers night view isnít shown just the day game its weird to even notice this but once you do is kinda annoying.

You are paying your players too much, or charging too much or too little for tickets and concessions. You need to play around with these numbers to figure out what the optimal levels are. It's Baseball Mogul. The business is an important (and under utilized) part of the game

Actually I use this quite well. I have the best options its just that after every other game Iím in debt or my profits go down. I think itís a mistake by the game. I think it has to do with the fact that every game money is also lost but like I said it doesnít even make sense. The profits go from up to low. It is a bug. Maybe somebody else have experience this. But trust me I have the options set right. I have over 10 million in cash. Figure that out.

Thank a lot filihok for your comments and help.

Putting every single suggestion or "bug report" into a single post minimizes the chances of getting them fixed, at least significant bugs. You should break down the most important ones and put them in separate threads.

Ive thought about that but putting all of these problems into several post can be too many. I also thought about putting the most important ones but than again my mission is try to improve all of them not just the big issues. I think by posting it at least I'm making it aware. Even if people dont respond its a chance I'm willing to take because I at least put it out there.

See How to File a Good Bug Report.

Just skimming through your post, a good amount aren't bugs.

well i dont have the time to read a lot of the stuff posted here. I also dont have the time to post them specifically where they need to be. Sometimes " rambling" is a good thing because it gives an idea of what I'm looking for.

The heading says it all, bugs, recommendation, and complaints. Now can we start fixing some of those problems already?