Thread: Age of Empires III

Age of Empires III

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy AOEIII, but don't want to buy a boxed version. Is there any retailer that will sell via download? Gamestop sells a few games via download, but not AOEIII. Please let me know. I perfer to have a Download because I hate CD/DVD's because they always get scratched.

Re: Age of Empires III

I don't know if they have it or not, but be sure to check out GamersGate.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

Looks like you might be SOL getting that game Direct Download...the only place I could find was a pay-per-month download service. Not on Steam, Direct2Drive, Gamersgate or Impulse. You might have to buy in a store.

AoE 3 was a solid game, though it was much better with the 2 expansions installed.

I have it and the War Cheifs expansion. It is a great game, but the online is in an unstable state, as Ensemble is shutting down. They are keeping up the servers for now, but idk how long.

Economic Left/Right: -7.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.72

(Thanks to BINGLE for my banner!)

Matt Wieters says:"My morning routine goes: wake up, bang 10 hot women, eat Lucky Charms, destroy a few countries, and then read YeahThisIsMyBlog.blogspot.com."

Mogul No No's and Perfect Games:

2008 Royals-Gil Meche No hitter in 10 innings 1-0 final score

2038 Padres-Matthew Graham Perfect Game 1-0 victory!

They are going to keep the server online plus Ensemble is owned by Microsoft. They closed the studio but the server is just being transfered to another part of the company...

For now... There's a lot of online games that have died or and in the process of dying right now. Most of them start up on credit/venture capitol, and we all know the state of the credit markets right now. Even Microsoft isn't going to keep a money loosing system going for very long.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

I don't think so, but AOE I, and many others like Warcraft were the precursor to XBOX Live. I am sure that with Microsoft pushing "games for Windows", there will be an XBOX Live type program....and AOE will be on there

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    I don't think so, but AOE I, and many others like Warcraft were the precursor to XBOX Live. I am sure that with Microsoft pushing "games for Windows", there will be an XBOX Live type program....and AOE will be on there
    I hope so. I play Age of Mythology online occasionally, so i am hoping they stay up for a while.

Economic Left/Right: -7.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.72

(Thanks to BINGLE for my banner!)

Matt Wieters says:"My morning routine goes: wake up, bang 10 hot women, eat Lucky Charms, destroy a few countries, and then read YeahThisIsMyBlog.blogspot.com."

Mogul No No's and Perfect Games:

2008 Royals-Gil Meche No hitter in 10 innings 1-0 final score

2038 Padres-Matthew Graham Perfect Game 1-0 victory!

AOEII is so much better than III

Quote Originally Posted by 5dodgers5 View Post
    AOEII is so much better than III
    I prefer the second game as well (especially with the Conquerors expansion, which streamlined some of the repetitive crap like seeding farmland). The 3rd game WITH both expansions, though, is probably a little better than 2.

why did you bump up this thread?

Hello everyone. I installed AOE3 and working. It wouldn´t work but I chosed to play under win xp sp 3 compatibility. All of the *.exe files. It worked but when I tried to go to the hometown, It stop working. Everytime. Can someone please tell me what to do? Thank you..

what OS are you running? Also is it 32bit or 64bit?

Something I was told about playing AOE2 and 1 in Windows 7. When playing the game you see that the water and grass look really weird (purple and blue.) If you end the explorer.exe process in task manager everything is the right color. Weird, right?
    You can 'new process' and type explorer to bring back the taskbar.