Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: CC to the Yanks?!

Re: CC to the Yanks?!

Yes!!!! Oh baby!!!

Too bad, it would have realy meant a lot if he had worked something out with a West Coast team, and rebuffed the Yanks' offer. But, then, if he wasn't about the money, he might've tried to re-sign with Cleveland or Milwaukee. Too bad. Wonder what all the Dodgers rumor stuff was then?

I'm now hoping he fades a little, or at least is as hittable as he was in the 2007 ALCS...

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Too bad, it would have realy meant a lot if he had worked something out with a West Coast team, and rebuffed the Yanks' offer. But, then, if he wasn't about the money, he might've tried to re-sign with Cleveland or Milwaukee. Too bad. Wonder what all the Dodgers rumor stuff was then?

I'm now hoping he fades a little, or at least is as hittable as he was in the 2007 ALCS...
    'Fades a little?' Look at his AL stats last year. This is going to blow up in the Yankees faces. At best he replaces Mussina. How is that going to get them closer to the playoffs then last year?

Quote Originally Posted by ragecage View Post
    Its too bad, I honestly dont think he can handle the New York pressure.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavelb1 View Post
    'Fades a little?' Look at his AL stats last year.
    He had 4 bad starts to start off the year. In his final 14 AL starts, he went 6-5 with a 2.16 ERA in 104.1 innings, striking out 109 batters and walking 20. His two prior years in the AL, 2006 and 2007, he threw over 400 innings of 140 ERA+ ball.

At best he replaces Mussina. How is that going to get them closer to the playoffs then last year?
    Wrong. At best, he's the best pitcher in the league. At worst, he replaces Mussina.

'Fades a little?' Look at his AL stats last year. This is going to blow up in the Yankees faces. At best he replaces Mussina. How is that going to get them closer to the playoffs then last year?
    LOL! Obvious carrothead.
    Last edited by HoustonGM; 12-10-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: removed insults

i know the yankees had a horrible rotation last year, but i think they should be at least average this year. i personally think joba as good as cc. i know he hasn't played a lot, but when he has, he's been beyond amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    LOL! Obvious carrothead.
    EXCUSE ME? That talk doesn't belong on this board. Take it to the ESPN boards.

Edit: CARROTHEAD?? THAT'S EVEN WORSE! I'm calling Clay right now. Heads will roll.
    Last edited by Pavelb1; 12-10-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: removed insults

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    Why?

He had 4 bad starts to start off the year. In his final 14 AL starts, he went 6-5 with a 2.16 ERA in 104.1 innings, striking out 109 batters and walking 20. His two prior years in the AL, 2006 and 2007, he threw over 400 innings of 140 ERA+ ball.

Wrong. At best, he's the best pitcher in the league. At worst, he replaces Mussina.
    While I respect your opinion....At worst he replaces Mussina? No, at worst he gets rear-ended in the McDonalds drive-through and deals with whiplash all year. And just an irrelevent side-note. If he has those four bad starts to start off the season this year....New York will blow up.

While I respect your opinion....At worst he replaces Mussina? No, at worst he gets rear-ended in the McDonalds drive-through and deals with whiplash all year.
    Okay, if you want to go into exaggeration, than at worst he suffers a heart attack immediately after being paid his signing bonus.

Obviously the worst case scenario is injury. But to say he'll at best replace Mussina is just not accurate at all. Over the last 3 years in all, Sabathia as thrown nearly 700 innings at140-150 ERA+. Mussina hasn't done that since last millenium.

Okay, if you want to go into exaggeration, than at worst he suffers a heart attack immediately after being paid his signing bonus.
    Yeah, I didn't want to go there.

His manager at Cleveland, Eric Wedge, said that CC can handle New York, he can handle anything.

Obviously the worst case scenario is injury. But to say he'll at best replace Mussina is just not accurate at all. Over the last 3 years in all, Sabathia as thrown nearly 700 innings at140-150 ERA+. Mussina hasn't done that since last millenium.
    You think he'll win more than 20 games? Also keep in mind with that contract....no way does he lead the league in innings ever again.

You think he'll win more than 20 games?
    I have no idea. I'll bet anything that he'll pitch better than Mussina did in 2008, though.

Also keep in mind with that contract....no way does he lead the league in innings ever again.
    I don't see how the contract is relevant to whether or not he ever leads the league in innings again. He's proven to be very durable, was handled carefully as a young pitcher, and has led the league in innings the last 2 years. There's definitely a significant chance that he does it again.

Yes, Yes Oh Yes! Sweet Day in the morning! WS Here they come!

I like CC, just hope he did not make himself into an overpriced pitcher/washout.