Thread: Why does this dumbace coach still have a job?

Why does this dumbace coach still have a job?

Loyola Md. coach has two of his players do nothing but guard Stephen Curry of Davidson all game, even though it means the other 3 Loyola players on the court have to play defense against 4 Davidson players, and get the crap beat out of them. All that just to keep Curry from scoring. Judging by this dude's quotes, it sounds like he's not playing with a full deck.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...250156&prov=ap

Re: Why does this dumbace coach still have a job?

That's just...stupid. Wow, you shut one guy down...you also LOST THE GAME BY 30 POINTS!

If I was a player for this guy I'd be mad. It just showed he had no confidence in his players to win the game, so he went for the publicity of shutting down one of the best scorers in the college game.

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    They probably would have lost by 30 anyway...
    perhaps, but for pete's sake let your players sack up and play the game like it's supposed to be played.

I agree...I mean, it's not so bad to try the strategy. I mean, I did it when I coached, but once it's obvious that they're scoring anyway, might as well try somethign else

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    I agree...I mean, it's not so bad to try the strategy. I mean, I did it when I coached, but once it's obvious that they're scoring anyway, might as well try somethign else
    Exactly. Starting off with that strategy is fine...once it's proven it's obviously not working, try something else.

I don't know....probably dumb...but it's not like they lost because of it really..they lost because they could only score 48 points or whatever. What did they hold them to..78, that's not too terrible and it's not the reason they lost. Wouldn't call it a smart strategy...but they were clearly an overmatched team...so why not try something. I've seen dumber.

My problem with it is that, when it clearly WASN'T working any more, he didn't have a backup plan. Nothing. Just kept letting other guys get open looks on them all night.