Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brewers offer CC 5 years 90-100 million

Re: Brewers offer CC 5 years 90-100 million

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    If I were given the option, I would throw Hart in CF. To replace him in RF, I'd trade either Durham or Weeks (or even trade one of them for a CF if they could, to keep Hart in right). If you can't find a suitable deal, then I'd price Dunn, Juan Rivera, Casey Blake, & Raul Ibanez. Obviously Dunn will cost more, but is younger & brings more to the table. Ibanez is obviously riskier with him being 1 year older than Cameron, but I feel his consistency at the plate places him higher than Cameron (even though he is a Type A though I believe). I see Blake & Rivera wanting longer deals (obviously), but costing less per, being younger & at least equal to Cameron in my opinion.
    You're greatly downgrading defensively with ALL those options, while only marginally upgrading offensively with Ibanez. Dunn would be a big offensive upgrade, but the downgrade in defense gives a lot of that back, not to mention the money you'd have to give to him.

Plus, all those options would require multi-year commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    You're downgrading defensively with ALL those options, while only marginally upgrading offensively with Dunn and Ibanez.

Plus, they'd all require multi-year commitments.
    agreed...
    thats why I thought cameron was the best option... if it doesnt work and he is terrible and they stink at the trading deadline someoen will take him off your hands if nothing but a defensive replacement. He certainly is not the cameron of old (tho i have not seen him much I should not make that assumption) but he is decent defensivly. Dave Roberts anyone??? all around i Think it was a decent move. It's not insainly expensive because you would have to pay that out on the open market... and defense is VERY important

Tampa got their by better ERA and less errors (and yes better defense not nesicarily errors but poor play)
    Colorado the same the year before.
    a small market team is not goint to out slug you (except in rare occasions) so defense is very important in key positions and CF is one of those positions
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!
    ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by TheNamelessPoet View Post
    I was thinking bad move on dunn.. BUT... if u trade fielder for a top flight SP Dunn is not a HORRIBLE idea
    Naw...not if you don't mind every ball hit to rightfield being a hit

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    I think he meant adding Dunn and having him play first, in the event Fielder was traded.

I think he meant adding Dunn and having him play first, in the event Fielder was traded.
    Naw...not if you don't mind half the ground balls ending up in the home teams's dug out.

i did sorry... forgot to mention that
    Naw...not if you don't mind half the ground balls ending up in the home teams's dug out.
    rofl
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!
    ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>