Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brewers offer CC 5 years 90-100 million

Brewers offer CC 5 years 90-100 million

From TH brewers blog

On another subject, don't believe those rumors that have been reported that the Brewers have offered left-hander CC Sabathia a four-year contract for $110 million. I have it on good authority that no offer has been made yet and that those numbers are higher than the Brewers are considering.

The Brewers would be more likely to offer a five-year deal from between $90 million and $100 million, making Sabathia's yearly pay $20 million or less. They would be hard-pressed to go higher with a total team payroll between $80 million and $90 million.

The Brewers probably will make their offer on Monday.

Why even offer him a deal then? 5 yrs 90 million would be an embarassing offer in my opinion to a guy who carried you into the playoffs.

Re: Brewers offer CC 5 years 90-100 million

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrewFan255 View Post
    Why even offer him a deal then? 5 yrs 90 million would be an embarassing offer in my opinion to a guy who carried you into the playoffs.
    Public relations

defense Guest

So basically 5 years at 95 million(the mean number of 90-100 million). LOL

See good bye to Sabathia Brewer fans

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    Public relations
    100% correct.

mnstonecold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by defense View Post
    So basically 5 years at 95 million(the mean number of 90-100 million). LOL

See good bye to Sabathia Brewer fans
    and to sheets and probably Fielder and a winning season streak. we'll wait another 26 years before they make the playoffs again.

Fielder isn't a free agent yet, and he's under club control for three more years, so the only way he's gone is if they trade him, which is possible since the Brewers are willing to listen to offers.

I wouldn't sign Sabathia to a long-term contract and I definitely wouldn't pay him $20 million a year. However, I'm sure Steinbrenner will pay him $50 million a year to pitch for his $300 million mediocre team.
    [URL="http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=189846"]Avoiding Contraction: the 2002 Expos[/URL]

defense Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Passed Ball View Post
    I wouldn't sign Sabathia to a long-term contract and I definitely wouldn't pay him $20 million a year. However, I'm sure Steinbrenner will pay him $50 million a year to pitch for his $300 million mediocre team.
    Irrational sour grapes for the Yankees I see

It's obviously not a great offer, but if C.C. enjoys Milwaukee, which he's said he has, it wouldn't be a terrible offer for him to take.

That said, there's still little to no chance he re-signs with the Brewers. Personally, I see him going to the Dodgers.
    Active Dynasty
    An Alternate History Dynasty - The 1989 Red Sox

Paused Dynasty
    Fishing for Wins - A Florida Marlins Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Ryan is No. 0. He doesn't make the list, since he's clearly on a higher plane of existence than all other quarterbacks, living or dead. He is ... teh messiah.
    I'm not the only one who knows the truth about Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by YEAH DAAAAWG View Post
    It's obviously not a great offer, but if C.C. enjoys Milwaukee, which he's said he has, it wouldn't be a terrible offer for him to take.

That said, there's still little to no chance he re-signs with the Brewers. Personally, I see him going to the Dodgers.
    Another example of PR on the player's part. Most players will say they enjoyed their time in (insert city name here). It's not smart for them to say otherwise. I agree with you though on the Dodgers. C.C. lives in southern California and wants to stay in the National League since he loves hitting, so that would seem the most logical. It's just a matter of if the interest is reciprocated.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGLEBOP View Post
    Another example of PR on the player's part. Most players will say they enjoyed their time in (insert city name here). It's not smart for them to say otherwise.
    That's true. But, assuming he does actually like the city, the fans, the team, the ownership and so on, it's not a terrible offer.

I agree with you though on the Dodgers. C.C. lives in southern California and wants to stay in the National League since he loves hitting, so that would seem the most logical. It's just a matter of if the interest is reciprocated.
    I'm fairly certain the Dodgers have reportedly been interested. I know they were in on him when he was on the block so I can't imagine they'd be any less interested when they're only giving up money, as opposed to a litany of high-end prospects AND a possibility of money. The Yankees are gonna try to throw a ton of money at him, but the Dodgers have some money to throw around and the dual benefits of being closer to his home and of allowing him to hit on a regular basis.
    Active Dynasty

Paused Dynasty

Ryan is No. 0. He doesn't make the list, since he's clearly on a higher plane of existence than all other quarterbacks, living or dead. He is ... teh messiah.

That is true. I highly doubt it will be the best offer though, and it probably wouldn't be smart on the Brewers part to do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGLEBOP View Post
    Another example of PR on the player's part. Most players will say they enjoyed their time in (insert city name here). It's not smart for them to say otherwise. I agree with you though on the Dodgers. C.C. lives in southern California and wants to stay in the National League since he loves hitting, so that would seem the most logical. It's just a matter of if the interest is reciprocated.
    The Dodgers would love to have him, but Frank McCourt cannot afford to get in a bidding war with the Yankees. LA has too many other holes to fill. I think it's more likely that McCourt tells Colletti to raid the farm system and trade for Jake Peavy.

Quote Originally Posted by beerchaser View Post
    The Dodgers would love to have him, but Frank McCourt cannot afford to get in a bidding war with the Yankees. LA has too many other holes to fill. I think it's more likely that McCourt tells Colletti to raid the farm system and trade for Jake Peavy.
    I think the Dodgers could get him with an offer a bit lower than the Yankees, because of the reasons I mentioned before. Those being that they're closer to home for him and he'll get to hit.
    Active Dynasty

Paused Dynasty