Thread: A plea to two managers

A plea to two managers

This is an open plea to Charlie Manuel and Terry Francona:

If, by some chance, your teams happen to oppose each other in the World Series (which I realize is a statistical long shot), please do us soft-tossing old guys with shredded labrums a favor. Pitch Jamie Moyer and Tim Wakefield against each other in a World Series game.

Tito, I know your going to start Beckett and Dice-K in the first two games if you make it that far. Charlie, you'll run out Cole Hamels in the first game. And I know you'll be tempted to start Moyer second. Don't do it, please. Start Joe Blanton, start Brett Myers, start J.A. Happ if you have to, but please, let us get to a third game with a Moyer-Wakefield matchup.

We want to see a World Series game with a 75 mph speed limit.

Please.

Re: A plea to two managers

Never happen

The Red Sox-Phillies World Series will never happen? No, probably not. The matchup will never happen? No, probably not, even if the World Series did.

Oh, but it would be incredible if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckwillard View Post
    The Red Sox-Phillies World Series will never happen? No, probably not. The matchup will never happen? No, probably not, even if the World Series did.

Oh, but it would be incredible if it did.
    The only way that pitching match-up happens is if game three went to 14 innings.

Honestly, I think the reason it wouldn't is because Moyer is the Phillies' number 2 right now, with the problems Myers has been having. And yeah, I know Wakefield isn't the Sox number 3, they'd start Beckett, Dice-K, and Lester first, and Wakefield maybe 4.

lol would be AWESOME
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!
    ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>

Actually word is Lester is going into the ALCS as the #2 guy .. Beckett- Lester-DiceK.

Also if it gets that far it will depend on if a series goes 7 game, messing with rotations ...

It doesnt matter who is considered #1, #2, etc. Depends on where the rotation is when the WS starts. As a Sox fan, I dont especially want to see Wakefield starting against anyone.

this would be SO awesome.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

I really want to see this, if for no other reason than the prospect of 607 innings where every comment isn't going to be about "Did you SEE the speed on that heater?'