Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ned Yost fired?

Ned Yost fired?

On the ESPN ticker right now.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

Re: Ned Yost fired?

Quote Originally Posted by haveacigar View Post
    On the ESPN ticker right now.
    Unusual decision - especially this late in the season. But one has to consider information WE DON'T have (such as his relationship with his staff/players & management) but on the face of it extremely bizarre .

It begs the question WHY did Melvin do it now & not say 2/3 weeks ago ?

Sveum has like 11 games - 5 v the Cubs - what can HE do more or less than Yost in that short time period?

that's what really surprises me. I get doing it in august, july, etc.

Mid September? When the team is still tied for a playoff spot? Weird.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

BIG mistake in the middle of a pennant race
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!
    ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>

Huge mistake in the middle of a pennant race.

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    i already said that

then again... huge IS bigger than big
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!

Huge is like Huge big could be bigger....

I see his now former team tanking at this point.

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNamelessPoet View Post
    BIG mistake in the middle of a pennant race

Again these statements WILL be judged by those 11 games to come.I still believe there are REASONS for this that we will never know (or not at least till WS is well & truly finished).

If Brewers win the WS then Melvin will be a "genius",if they get into the playoffs "it will be good" move etc etc....

If Philly were to loose ever yame the rest of the season then I shall root for MIL to loose all but 1 jsut because I like Yost maybe Bobby will have him back
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!

Enormous mistake in the middle of a pennant race.

Quote Originally Posted by FRENCHREDSOX View Post
    Unusual decision - especially this late in the season. But one has to consider information WE DON'T have (such as his relationship with his staff/players & management) but on the face of it extremely bizarre .

Sveum has like 11 games - 5 v the Cubs - what can HE do more or less than Yost in that short time period?

Again these statements WILL be judged by those 11 games to come.I still believe there are REASONS for this that we will never know (or not at least till WS is well & truly finished).

If Brewers win the WS then Melvin will be a "genius",if they get into the playoffs "it will be good" move etc etc....
    This is all precisely what I thought when I read about it a little while ago. Very strange move, almost shocking, then I realized there's gotta be some information the public isn't privy to (there always is, in any sports personnel decision), and probably a pretty good reason. I'm not thinking it has much to do with "trying to make the playoffs," but it probably won't hurt the effort. I smell disagreements with someone in the front office.

And yes, this is a "brilliant" move if they make the playoffs, and it's easily second-guessed if they continue their collapse.

Maybe they want some of the Willie Randolph magic the Mets seemed to pick up.

It could just be an overreaction to their recent string of poor play.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    It could just be an overreaction to their recent string of poor play.
    Even if the Brewers had reached the playoffs with Yost, they still should have fired him. He's a terrible manager. But I think they should have waited until the off-season to give him the boot.

You honestly do believe that Team Management knows best, don't you?
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
    You honestly do believe that Team Management knows best, don't you?
    No I don't believe that team managament,& in this case the Brewers',ALWAYS "know best".

However,I did say

& continued later to say:

& leads me to believe that the firing has more to do with other things than just the "slump".

I also believe that MLB GM's are not just "idiots" & if such a controversial decision is done at this precise juncture there are other Major reasons which will come to bear in the future possibly (or in Ned Yost's future book.... & the information that fans/writers/journalists is usually incomplete. )