Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RIP 2008 Dodgers

Re: RIP 2008 Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by YEAH DAAAAWG View Post
    All you Dodger fans, I'd like you to meet the 2007 Mets. They had a seven game lead on September 12th, and managed to blow it by losing 12 of their last 17 games, and missed the post-season, finishing a game behind the Phillies for the NL East Division Title.
    PLEASE let this happen
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!
    ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by justanewguy View Post
    I don't get what that has to do with the Dodgers... Couldn't this "apply" to this year's Mets, the Cubs, the Brewers, the White Sox, the Rays and the Red Sox also?
    It could apply to anybody that's not mathmatically guarenteed to be in the playoffs.

It's not particularly likely though.

All you Dodger fans, I'd like you to meet the 2007 Mets. They had a seven game lead on September 12th, and managed to blow it by losing 12 of their last 17 games, and missed the post-season, finishing a game behind the Phillies for the NL East Division Title.
    They didn't have Manny. Or Andre "August and September are b****es" Ethier.

Plus, this scenario implies that the D-backs will get their heads out of their asses, which, they won't.
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

Quote Originally Posted by haveacigar View Post
    They didn't have Manny. Or Andre "August and September are b****es" Ethier.

Plus, this scenario implies that the D-backs will get their heads out of their asses, which, they won't.
    Nope, they only had David Wright, Jose Reyes, and Carlos Beltran .

The point is, thinking that the Dodgers are guaranteed a spot in the post season with a three game lead, around the same time date that the Mets started to a blow a much bigger lead with a much better team, is pretty silly.
    Active Dynasty
    An Alternate History Dynasty - The 1989 Red Sox

Paused Dynasty
    Fishing for Wins - A Florida Marlins Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Ryan is No. 0. He doesn't make the list, since he's clearly on a higher plane of existence than all other quarterbacks, living or dead. He is ... teh messiah.
    I'm not the only one who knows the truth about Matt Ryan.

The point is, thinking that the Dodgers are guaranteed a spot in the post season with a three game lead, around the same time date that the Mets started to a blow a much bigger lead with a much better team, is pretty silly.
    I think only one person said anything about a "guarantee," and it's a pretty strong case, considering that the Dodgers are a better team than the Diamondbacks, that the Diamondbacks have forgotten how to play baseball, and that the Dodgers have a much easier remaining schedule.

Though it looks good, I personally am not sold on the Dodgers winning the division just yet.

Baseball Prospectus gives the Dodgers a 93.1% chance of winning the division. That's the best division odds outside of the Angels, who have... already won.

So just because the Mets collapsed, everyone's going to collapse? That is much more silly.

Again, call me when the D-backs extract their heads from their rears. You can start with Webb and Haren...what happened to those guys?!
    Illini.

Yeah I need a Winn-Dixie grocery bag full of money right next to the VIP section...

Quote Originally Posted by justanewguy View Post
    Baseball Prospectus gives the Dodgers a 93.1% chance of winning the division. That's the best division odds outside of the Angels, who have... already won.
    That's a pretty silly guarantee. Remember 1994? Some teams thought they were gonna win the division, and then they decided to just cancel the playoffs and WS. You don't know, could happen again.
    Illini.

Well, it was a fun season. The race for the division was exciting and pretty cool. The sweep of the Cubs was INCREDIBLE.

Too bad the Dodgers' biggest strength (the bullpen) basically gave away the NLCS.

Can't wait to see if they can retool properly for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNamelessPoet View Post
    PLEASE let this happen
    cant believe I am sad the dodgers are done
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!

Don't stop believin' guys... you can still beat the Phillies!
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by metsguy234 View Post
    Don't stop believin' guys... you can still beat the Phillies!
    get of the computer and go to school
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!

I'm not giving up yet. LA let last night's game slip through their fingers, but they have shown they can win when their back is against the wall.