Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 11.25 Payroll differs on expense dialog and finance page [Fixed 12.11]

11.25 Payroll differs on expense dialog and finance page [Fixed 12.11]

No Problem with Money Here

Why does it do this
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ohms_law; 04-05-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Re: 10.29 Payroll Budget incorrect

When you altered the league settings the Blue Jays ended up getting too much money screwing up their payroll number. At least that what I always figured happened in that situation.

Fan base A+, loyalty +20%, 90,000 seat stadium in a 90,000,000 populated urban area, win the world series the year before, and in first place currently?

Or something outrageous like that

That's what I figured as well. Still, there should probably be some sort of basic check to ensure that the payroll budget doesn't turn into a negative number. It doesn't really affect anything if it does, but still...
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

Re: Check This Payroll Budget Out

Time to start reanimating hall of famers...
    I mean you have the money!

How bout the payroll budget in the first shot. $1.4 BILLION. Man, even Steinbrenner's green with envy.

Yup, there's 'no problem' with $1.4 Billion Salary Budget -- C'mon...that's rediculous especially since it's 2002. In 2050 perhaps with inflation.

Maybe it's in Australian dollars there, Dave?

11.25 Payroll does not always add up

Maybe I've missed something in my years of playing BM but I've always found it difficult and annoying trying to figure expenses. The biggest part of the problem is that payroll and expenses doesn't seem to be listed separately.

I'd like to be able to see updated payroll expense and expenses ?expense? listed separately.

At the end of the year (or any other point in the year) on the finances screen expenses are listed. But that is payroll+expenses. The thing is with the changes in payroll (trades, promotions, demotions, releases, signings) and adjustments made to the other expenses it's hard to easily see where the money is going.

Related questions:

How is payroll paid? Is it yearly salary/172 (service time days in a year) or something else?

How are expenses paid? If I have my scouting set at $5,000,000 how is that paid out over a day?

Re: Separate Payroll Expenses from Total Expenses

Everything (payroll and expenses) is payed out each time you play a regular season game. So, basically you take whatever you have for expenses and the total payroll for your team and divide each or all of it by 162 (or however many games a season there are) and that's your daily expense.

As to the main topic... that's basically what payroll budget is for. Payroll budget is projected revenue - non payroll expenses. If you look at the finance page, there's also a column available for (non payroll) expenses, both to date (actual) and projected.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

Entirely possible that I'm missing something but I don't see what you are talking about.

Revenue is total money taken in through tickets, concessions, tv.
    Expenses is the total money paid out so far to farm, scouting, medical and payroll.
    Profit is Revenue-Expense
    Team Payroll is the sum of all the player salaries on the roster.
    Farm expense (and the other expenses) is the current level of expense
    as noted by the two different levels.

Now, on the expenses screen it does a better job showing the prorated amounts, but it still doesn't separate out payroll.

In the last shot there's a descrepency between Player Salaries and Team Payroll. Plus, neither of those numbers represents how much I spent on paying players this season.

3 Options

1) I'm confused as ****
    2) Something is wrong here
    3) The displays are in no way logical

Now I know I haven't presented this very logically or orderly. I'll try and compose myself, but in the mean time if anyone else wants to give it a whirl, feel free

In the last shot there's a descrepency between Player Salaries and Team Payroll.
    That's from rounding. The numbers shown on the Expenses screen are always more correct.

Entirely possible that I'm missing something but I don't see what you are talking about.
    Me too! lol
    I'm failing my Phonetics lesions or something, cause... I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
    Me too! lol
    I'm failing my Phonetics lesions or something, cause... I don't get it.
    Is it painful? It sounds like it is.

heh

stupid FF spell checker...

I meant to post THIS pic regarding this

In the last shot there's a descrepency between Player Salaries and Team Payroll. Plus, neither of those numbers represents how much I spent on paying players this season

If this is a rounding error. It's really bad.

This shot is from Oct 31 2008. End of the season.

The 23 million is, for sure, the sum of all my players salaries for the previous year. Verified in excel.

I don't have a clue what 17 million is supposed to be.

I thought it was next season's salaries but it doesn't work out that way. Unless that's the rounding error. If I release every player who is up for renewal my payroll comes to 18.178 million. Still a long way from 17 million.

Here's my question. Based on this shot can I (you) tell what was spent on payroll, and other budgeted expenses for 2008?

I thought it was next season's salaries but it doesn't work out that way. Unless that's the rounding error. If I release every player who is up for renewal my payroll comes to 18.178 million. Still a long way from 17 million.
    Did you take out the arbitration eligable players' salaries as well?

Here's my question. Based on this shot can I (you) tell what was spent on payroll, and other budgeted expenses for 2008?
    Team Payroll: $21.8M

It shows your current payroll in the sidebar as well. Team Payroll: 23,011,146