Thread: Rosters Based On Actual Stats

Rosters Based On Actual Stats

I'm not sure if everyone will like these but what I've essentially done is taken Houston GM's rosters and changed the predicted stats for just about every significant and semi-significant player to what they've done this year. It takes a long time to do this so they are all accurate for about the past week or so I believe and if I noticed a player got hot or cold I adjusted them accordingly, i.e. Carlos Pena. Under performing players who are having bad years have had their potentials adjusted. I think they've made the game more enjoyable for me though and I hope you like them. Let me know if I missed anything big and I'll probably continue to work on these. I don't think I'll do an up to date one unless there is a high demand because I figure you start on April 1st so that's when the rosters should start, and again, I made these for me and decided that other people might like these too. So anyway, tell me your thoughts on them and leave suggestions. I'm posting it as both a .mog and .zip so whichever you prefer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Go Cardinals!!!
    Go Celtics!!!
    Go Notre Dame!!!
    Go Blues!!!
    Go Rams!!!
    Fire La Russa!!!
    Play Brendan Ryan!!!

Re: Rosters Based On Actual Stats

Just reposted them. I forgot to take my name off and set all teams to computer haha.
    Go Cardinals!!!
    Go Celtics!!!
    Go Notre Dame!!!
    Go Blues!!!
    Go Rams!!!
    Fire La Russa!!!
    Play Brendan Ryan!!!

English will help you

thanks for your work, we will add this to the Mod index soon.

Smile Re: Rosters Based On Actual Stats

Yeah, thank you for doing that. Like I said, I know some of the players haven't been done yet but I'll keep working on them and updating it. Plus, as it stands now, most of the key players are updated and the key teams almost all are. I know I did the whole team for the angels, yankees, red sox, rays, cardinals, I think the cubs, the braves, and more I believe. Other players from other teams have been updated as well I just haven't done the whole team for every team. I will update again soon though.
    Go Cardinals!!!
    Go Celtics!!!
    Go Notre Dame!!!
    Go Blues!!!
    Go Rams!!!
    Fire La Russa!!!
    Play Brendan Ryan!!!

how about this. Go to ESPN.com, look at each players projected year and put that in so you can accurate stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    how about this. Go to ESPN.com, look at each players projected year and put that in so you can accurate stats.
    That would be good if they updated them but those projections are from before the season started. For example it says Miguel Cabrera should hit .341 this year and he's hitting .293. Raising his batting average by 48 points in a month and a half? Not likely. These are based on what they've actually done this year with some consideration taken to a few players having odd years and because the game asks for you to input the number of games played and at bats, the game determines accurate ratings.
    Go Cardinals!!!
    Go Celtics!!!
    Go Notre Dame!!!
    Go Blues!!!
    Go Rams!!!
    Fire La Russa!!!
    Play Brendan Ryan!!!

Are you looking at the right thing on ESPN?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7163

See under "Last 7" where it says "Projected"? That just takes his current year stats and "enlarges" them to a 162 game season.

oh okay yeah I was looking at the wrong thing. I think it gives the same ratings though because it's just stretched over more at bats. If I have time I might use them but it's a lot of work so I'm not sure. Thanks for the suggestion though. Overall how do you guys feel the ratings are?
    Go Cardinals!!!
    Go Celtics!!!
    Go Notre Dame!!!
    Go Blues!!!
    Go Rams!!!
    Fire La Russa!!!
    Play Brendan Ryan!!!

So is this roster complete?