Thread: Fielder attacks Manny

Fielder attacks Manny

I was shocked after watching Fielder attack Manny Parra in the dugout. I guess Fielder was upset that Parra wanted to head to the clubhouse and not sit in the dugout. Then when Manny grabbed his jacked it came very close to Fielder face. I imagine that is what put Fielder over the edge. Just wondering, I never really paid attention but do pitchers usually stay in the dugout after getting pulled or do they head to the clubhouse? I seem to think they stay in the dugout. But would like to know what others think. Parra is a good young pitcher, but he always blows up in the 6th or 7th inning. And in his defense Fielder badly misplayed a ground ball that led to two of the runs he gave up. Either way I don't think Fielder should be attacking the starting pitcher. This is just another sign of Yost having to go IMO. Yost is at best an average manager, if not slightly below average. Same thing happened last year when yost and estrada got into a confrontation in the dugout. The Brewers need to get over getting sodomized by the Cubs for 4 games. Yeah it was hard to watch as a fan, but it's early August and the team still is in the wild card lead. We still play the cubs 6 times this year. Here is the video for those who haven't seen it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200808043253189

Re: Fielder attacks Manny

Quote Originally Posted by Frijolito View Post
    I was shocked after watching Fielder attack Manny Parra in the dugout. I guess Fielder was upset that Parra wanted to head to the clubhouse and not sit in the dugout. Then when Manny grabbed his jacked it came very close to Fielder face. I imagine that is what put Fielder over the edge. Just wondering, I never really paid attention but do pitchers usually stay in the dugout after getting pulled or do they head to the clubhouse? I seem to think they stay in the dugout. But would like to know what others think. Parra is a good young pitcher, but he always blows up in the 6th or 7th inning. And in his defense Fielder badly misplayed a ground ball that led to two of the runs he gave up. Either way I don't think Fielder should be attacking the starting pitcher. This is just another sign of Yost having to go IMO. Yost is at best an average manager, if not slightly below average. Same thing happened last year when yost and estrada got into a confrontation in the dugout. The Brewers need to get over getting sodomized by the Cubs for 4 games. Yeah it was hard to watch as a fan, but it's early August and the team still is in the wild card lead. We still play the cubs 6 times this year. Here is the video for those who haven't seen it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200808043253189
    I think alot of pitchers head to the clubhouse. I know I've heard that to be the case for alot of 'established pitchers'. I'd bet there is more to this than we'll ever know about. It probably wasn't this one incident that led to this. I wonder if it is OK for 'un-established pitchers' to go to the clubhouse...one of those unwritten player inside the game rules or something??

Funny part is I think Parra pi$$ed his pants.

From what I've seen Most pitchers head to the clubhouse after they are removed, unless it happens, during an inning where they usually watch the rest of the inning, or alot will stay to watch the 9th inning of a close game.

Funny part is I think Parra pi$$ed his pants.
    You would to if someone that fat come after you.

And if you watch the video the first guy to break it up was Durham, the newest guy on the team. And not a single coach came over to talk to Parra after the incident, pitching coach Maddox just walked on by without saying anything to his pitcher. Plus Yost never got out of his seat during the incident

I'm sure there are pitchers that go into the clubhouse for medical purposes(treatments, rubdowns and what not) and then will come back out to watch the rest of the game.

Can we say choke all over again. I agree Yost needs to go, he can't control the team much less himself(proven last year).

And if you watch the video the first guy to break it up was Durham, the newest guy on the team. And not a single coach came over to talk to Parra after the incident, pitching coach Maddox just walked on by without saying anything to his pitcher. Plus Yost never got out of his seat during the incident
    I noticed the same thing. At one point Maddox just stands in front of him. Like he's guarding him. I saw Kendall just walk by and give Parra a look but not say anything. And Yost was nowhere to be seen. I think dickay is right their is alot more to it then we'll ever know.

Parra must've sh*t himself.

I mean, if a 300 pound vegetarian was coming at you, I would too.
    Active Dynasty
    Meeting Success: A New Regime - Follow us as etothep chronicles me and eddie's efforts to bring a championship back to Queens

Paused Dynasties
    The Goose continues the Hawk's battle for Capital Hill
    Une Rève Réaliser: Les Expos de Montréal (1969-)

Retired Dynasties
    The San Diego Padres, into a Friar Destiny (with Jeffy25 and Ragecage)
    A New Era Takes Flight - The 2008 Toronto Blue Jays
    The Blue Birds: A new Era

Question Re: Fielder attacks Manny

Whatever happened to "The starting pitcher was sent to the showers early, after being shelled..."?

I know that's where I would head for in a like situation...if only to hide my tears...
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Like they said after the incident, things like this happen... most of which we never end up seeing in the clubhouse probably. The players are adults, so it's not like Mike Maddux has to babysit Parra and nurse his wounds, or have Ned Yost scold Prince Fielder. They can take care of it on their own.

Brewers haven't lost since this happened. I think everyone is afraid Prince is going to attack them!

Quote Originally Posted by Frijolito View Post
    Brewers haven't lost since this happened. I think everyone is afraid Prince is going to attack them!
    rofl
    The Constitution was designed by the founders to save people from themselves. It never fails to amaze me how good of a job they did
    haveacigar
    My Finest work!!!
    Death don't want ya... But the Lotus do... so bring ya wicked shlt we gonna bring ours too!!!
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>