Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Anyone up for the latest Dusty info?

Re: Anyone up for the latest Dusty info?

The implication is only there if you put it there. You say misleading things - I say why it's misleading. Honestly, I do it because of the respect you have here. People listen to everything you say, and they might not know if it's wrong.

And if you check this thread, I responded as I did because I said I could make a team that always reached base and never scored, and you responded as if I was loopy.

Really, why does it bother you? You have no problems calling my second favorite manager an idiot and making me feel badly, but when I use the same tactics you use, you cry foul.

Quote Originally Posted by belial View Post
    The implication is only there if you put it there. You say misleading things - I say why it's misleading. Honestly, I do it because of the respect you have here. People listen to everything you say, and they might not know if it's wrong.
    I may make mistakes. Mistakes can be misleading. But I am not misleading people, as you like to accuse me of. Correct my mistake, fine. Do it in a kind manner instead of the aggressive tone you do.

And if you check this thread, I responded as I did because I said I could make a team that always reached base and never scored, and you responded as if I was loopy.
    That is a ridiculous assertion though, and that's what I'm saying. You try to make me look stupid, by making up situations, where sure, it's POSSIBLE, but come on now. Anybody with half a brain knows that that will never happen, unless your runners purposefully decided to overrun first base every time and choose to make outs after they reach safely.

Quote Originally Posted by belial View Post
    Really, why does it bother you?
    It bothers me because you are making false accusations against me, and you do so in a very aggressive manner.

You have no problems calling my second favorite manager an idiot and making me feel badly, but when I use the same tactics you use, you cry foul.
    Dusty Baker said that his players had statistics that they did not have and in fact, were exactly opposite. I said that getting on base means you didn't make an out. I forgot to say that sure, it's possible, if you go for an extra base and get thrown out, to "get on base" and make an out. No, you're not using the same "tactics."

I'm not even using "tactics." I discuss things that managers say, because I like discussing baseball, and managers and what they say is part of it. This manager said something that is completely incorrect, and based on past statements, it's safe to assume that he likely uses his own gut feelings to make decisions, even if they go completely against the facts. I don't think that a manager should do that. You, apparantly, don't care. Fine, he's your second favorite manager. So what? I don't like him, you do. Stop trying to make me look stupid because I disagree with you. Cut the aggressive tone.

This thread is done before it gets more out of hand.