Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stickware Schedule Generator

LongGone Guest

Stickware Schedule Generator

While searching for a schedule generator to assist me in making schedule templates for BM, I stumbled across Schedule Generator 4.1 by Stickware. You can find it here: http://newrepublic.silvergriffin.com/ootptools.html under OOTP utilities.

I used it to create a schedule for my 6 team, single league South Coast League and it worked great. I just replaced the team abbreviations in the dialog with the numbers 000-005 (for a 6 team league). I still had to do some minimal hand editing of the generated text file as it insist on having 2 leagues, but the resulting file is pretty much in the correct format for use with BM.

Thought others might find it useful.

Re: Stickware Schedule Generator

Thanks. How did you get it to work with Mogul?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Nice, but it had a minimum of 40 games. I am trying to have short round robin seasons.
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

I do see how it can work with BBM. Thanks again.

Relish this day..

LongGone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    Thanks. How did you get it to work with Mogul?
    For my 6 team league, I set it to 140 games, then I changed all the team abbreviations under the American League to the number format required by BM, so in my case I numbered them 000-005. I also had to have 6 teams under the National League for the generator to work, so I just numbered them from 1-6. Then I just deleted the other 2 divisions in the AL and NL. Then I had it generate the schedule.

All I had to do then was to do a search and replace in Notepad to delete the game times and delete the "dummy" teams (1-6) that I had created for the NL. To get BM to use it with my league, I renamed the file to 140-B-6-6-L.txt and placed it in the schedules folder in the main BM folder.

For 2 league schedules there would be far less manual editing, just a quick search and replace to delete the game times.

I hope this info helps. I'll be glad to be of further help if I can.

BTW, I see where you wanted to do a round robin type schedule. I thought BM had a minimum of 140 games in a season?

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone View Post
    For my 6 team league, I set it to 140 games, then I changed all the team abbreviations under the American League to the number format required by BM, so in my case I numbered them 000-005. I also had to have 6 teams under the National League for the generator to work, so I just numbered them from 1-6. Then I just deleted the other 2 divisions in the AL and NL. Then I had it generate the schedule.

All I had to do then was to do a search and replace in Notepad to delete the game times and delete the "dummy" teams (1-6) that I had created for the NL. To get BM to use it with my league, I renamed the file to 140-B-6-6-L.txt and placed it in the schedules folder in the main BM folder.

For 2 league schedules there would be far less manual editing, just a quick search and replace to delete the game times.

BTW, I see where you wanted to do a round robin type schedule. I thought BM had a minimum of 140 games in a season?
    You can get away with much less by edited the schedule editor. I played some 10 game seasons. I like this program a lot. I will use for a 40 to 50 game template. Thanks again!

Relish this day..

LongGone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    You can get away with much less by edited the schedule editor. I played some 10 game seasons. I like this program a lot. I will use for a 40 to 50 game template. Thanks again!
    I didn't know that. I'll have to keep that in mind for future projects then. I agree, the schedule program is great. Definitely a handy tool to keep around.

Thanks....I am the author of the StickWare schedule generator.

LongGone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StickWare View Post
    Thanks for such a great program and welcome to the BM boards.

Quote Originally Posted by StickWare View Post
    I've toyed with this program a bit, too, and it looks like a very useful, very versatile tool. Thanks, and welcome!

==+==+==+==

The Surf are back! Read up on the new exploits of baseball's most amazing team in Goin' to Surf City!, the ongoing story of the Ocean City Surf!

"Any kid who grew up in Maryland would feel that it was a great dream to play in an Orioles uniform...thank you all for always treating me like family."
    -- Harold Baines, 46th member of the Orioles Hall of Fame

I keep having trouble with the seed.

I want a league with 8 teams that plays 40 games a year. Approx. 7 games against each team in your division, an unbalanced schedule, interleague play, 6 series per team

Cool Re: Stickware Schedule Generator

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone View Post

were alternate schedules added after BBM08? in that version, the one I have, I see no Schedule folder under the BBM folder

can alternate 162 game schedules be used with BBM08? I currently am playing in the year 1973 with two leagues of 12. the default schedule generator has 12 games for intraleague play and 5 games for interleague play in one of the two divisions of the other league

12 games * 11 teams (rest of your league) = 132 games
    5 games * 6 teams (one div of other league) = 30 games
    ------------------------------
    162 = 132 + 30 games

I'd prefer 10 and 4 for the entire other league

10 games * 11 teams (rest of your league) = 110 games
    4 games * 12 teams (one div of other league) = 48 games + four extra interleague games
    162 = 110 + 52 games

or 8 and 6 for the entire other league

8 games * 11 teams (rest of your league) = 88 games
    6 games * 12 teams (one div of other league) = 72 games + two extra interleague games
    162 = 88 + 74 games

joelwest

LongGone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joelwest View Post
    were alternate schedules added after BBM08? in that version, the one I have, I see no Schedule folder under the BBM folder
    Schedule templates first appeared in BM2K9.

Why is everyone welcoming StickWare to the forums when he's been a member for 3 years

Regardless, thanks to SW for the quality program

Im having problems trying to use this, it is giving me alot of different errors, and im not sure how ill even be able to make it work with mogul after i get the errors to go away. I get a "no solution is found" over and over