Thread: Cito Gaston Is Back!!!

Cito Gaston Is Back!!!

The Jays finally pulled the plug on John Gibbons and most of his coaching staff...bringing back Cito as manager, Gene Tenace as hitting coach and Nick Leyva as third base coach.....Dwayne Murphy is promoted to first base coach. Only Brian Butterfield and Brad Arnsberg remained.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=2412...=topStory_main

Could be 1989 all over again for Toronto (though I doubt it).

Re: Cito Gaston Is Back!!!

I wonder who will be fired tomorrow???

3 firings, 4 days...
    ]

Hopefully Richie Sexson gets fired.... (i mean it, not released but fired..lol)

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman74 View Post
    The Jays finally pulled the plug on John Gibbons and most of his coaching staff...bringing back Cito as manager, Gene Tenace as hitting coach and Nick Leyva as third base coach.....Dwayne Murphy is promoted to first base coach. Only Brian Butterfield and Brad Arnsberg remained.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=2412...=topStory_main

Could be 1989 all over again for Toronto (though I doubt it).
    Cito Gaston doesn't know how to use his lineup, he never uses his bench players...I highly doubt that he will be succesful.

I have read just about ever publication ever printed about the Jays tenure with Cito as the skipper and they all have the same things to say. Basically there was a clique within the clubhouse with the latin players, and what you said Boom.
    "I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile." ~Tom Clark

'No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Well...there's not many latin players on the team now .....and Cito basically has to make use of his bench because at certain positions (catcher, SS, 2B, at least until Aaron Hill is off the DL) there isn't a distinct starter.

For Jays fans it's a lot of great nostalgia, but ya know...some old school coaching from actually successful coaches who've won might be just what is needed.

Who knows.