Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "Missing" schedule templates

Re: "Missing" schedule templates

Was wondering if there was anyway that you could improve the schedule for two 16 team leagues, unbalanced and with interleague play. (5-6-5 set up in each league)

I've noticed that with the current template, each team often has at least one month where they don't have a single off day, or otherwise long stretches of time without an off day.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    Was wondering if there was anyway that you could improve the schedule for two 16 team leagues, unbalanced and with interleague play. (5-6-5 set up in each league)

I've noticed that with the current template, each team often has at least one month where they don't have a single off day, or otherwise long stretches of time without an off day.
    I can't improve the code. You could try hand-editing the template to make it more to your liking. Or if there's another piece of scheduling software out there, maybe you can tweak it's output to match the Baseball Mogul format.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2017

Bug reports: bugs@sportsmogul.com
    Roster corrections: rosters@sportsmogul.com

I'll look into it and see if theres anything good out there..

LongGone Guest

I'll look into it and see if theres anything good out there..
    Have you tried using the Stickware generator I posted in a thread here? Not sure if it would produce something close to what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone View Post
    Have you tried using the Stickware generator I posted in a thread here? Not sure if it would produce something close to what you are looking for.
    That's what I had in mind when I said I'll look into it . Do you mind posting the link again if you have it handy, so that I don't have to dig for it?

Then I'll just have to find time.

LongGone Guest

That's what I had in mind when I said I'll look into it . Do you mind posting the link again if you have it handy, so that I don't have to dig for it?
    Here you go HGM http://newrepublic.silvergriffin.com...0generator.zip This is a direct link to the file. If I have the time today, I'll play around with it some.

So, I generated an unbalanced schedule for a 32 team league with interleague play using that generator, and it generated the same exact schedule that Mogul comes with (which I think gives teams too many consecutive games in the August/September timeframe)....Same exact format and everything....

LongGone Guest

Yeah, I noticed that as well when I generated the same schedule. Exactly the same as the BM schedule. Makes you wonder if Clay is using this schedule generator to create the templates.

Is there a schedule for 4 in the al east, 5 in the al central, 5 in the al west with the NL staying in the 5-6-5 set up?

If not could one be generated? Thanks

LongGone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
    Is there a schedule for 4 in the al east, 5 in the al central, 5 in the al west with the NL staying in the 5-6-5 set up?

If not could one be generated? Thanks
    Try one of these. The first is a balanced schedule, the second is unbalanced.

EDIT: Regenerated the unbalanced schedule. It works as it should now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone View Post
    Try one of these. The first is an unbalanced schedule, the second is balanced.
    I test simmed to make sure it worked, a team in the NL East always plays 0 game. anyway to fix this?

Never mind, i fixed it

LongGone Guest

I test simmed to make sure it worked, a team in the NL East always plays 0 game. anyway to fix this?

Never mind, i fixed it
    K. I was double checking the schedules, glad it's working for you.

Never mind, i fixed it
    How did you fix it? Are these files worth adding to the Baseball Mogul schedules folder?
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2017

Bug reports: bugs@sportsmogul.com
    Roster corrections: rosters@sportsmogul.com

LongGone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Dreslough View Post
    How did you fix it? Are these files worth adding to the Baseball Mogul schedules folder?
    Clay, I'm not sure what the issue was with Steve13 and the schedules I posted. I double checked them and they are fine. I'm running another test sim now just to make sure.

Edit: I stand corrected. The BALANCED schedule works fine. However, the unbalanced schedule does indeed have 1 team in the NL East not playing any games. Not sure why, because I created both schedules from the same info, just choosing the balanced and unbalanced check boxes on the schedule generator. I'll remove the unbalanced schedule until I can figure out why it doesn't work correctly.