Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball League MOD

Talking College Baseball League MOD

yessir
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VS85AI1K (2.35 mb)

The League
    I don't really follow coll. baseball so I just looked at some conference standings and found the best 36 teams and had to adjust depending on regions and then added some colleges i liked... so if you want to add another one you have to replace a current team in the league or the schedule won't work.

CollegeLeague.mog

The Schedule
    53 games, 2 interleague games against the same team and 3 games against every team in your conference. Because of this, you can't mess with the schedule settings in the League Editor unless you know the technical stuff.

150-B-18-18-L.txt (put it in the Baseball 2009/Schedules folder)

The Logos
    Each team has a logo I designed. Of course, you don't need it but it makes it a lot better. Also, let me know if you want me to make one for you if you decide to put another college in.

Some samples:
    http://i28.tinypic.com/20hq6w0.png
    http://i25.tinypic.com/2r5f0qq.png
    http://i29.tinypic.com/2r3innb.png (put them in the Baseball 2009/Skins/Sportsmogul/Logos folder)

*note that every stadium is the real name but not the real fences. The exception is New Mexico's home field. Their's is custom because I like the name "Lobo Grounds" and it's a nice little tribute to a legendary stadium.

One of the only things unrealistic is the player's get to play more than 4 years. If anybody knows how to decrease career length, let me know. Another thing is the cities of the colleges. This game doesn't even have Little Rock or Tallahassee so I just plopped colleges in other cities in the same state.

Re: College Baseball League MOD

^fake
    Last edited by HoustonGM; 05-01-2008 at 04:22 PM.

wow seems really cool only megaupload isnt working the right way lol

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

How do you add other colleges? I like to add Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Syracuse, etc. Basically the Big Ten and Big East.
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

i added some, just replace some schools in league editor, or expand..... save logos manually and such, i created a league where all of the pro teams became local colleges (Boston - UMass, St. Louis-Missouri, Cleveland-Ohio State) and so on, its fun. Got some small schools too, University of San Francisco, University of Toronto, and so on

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldSports View Post
    all of the pro teams became local colleges (Boston - UMass, St. Louis-Missouri, Cleveland-Ohio State) and so on, its fun. Got some small schools too, University of San Francisco, University of Toronto, and so on
    I plan on doing the same. I was thinking about starting in the 70's and have 6 divisions represent major conferences with major colleges.

Relish this day..

Interesting. Thanks

Nice work Natty, will try this out now!

If you want to have the careers only be four years, have the Projected Retirement four years after the Projected Debut. Also put the Peak End four years after the Peak Start. If you want things to be exact, put the Potential rating at 500 and the Longetivitey rating at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Gocardinals View Post
    If you want to have the careers only be four years, have the Projected Retirement four years after the Projected Debut. Also put the Peak End four years after the Peak Start. If you want things to be exact, put the Potential rating at 500 and the Longetivitey rating at 20.
    Interesting. I never tried this. Where is it?

Relish this day..

In the player editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gocardinals View Post
    Do you mean 50 not 500? Longevity -20?

Relish this day..

I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm right.

Potential Rating: High Value: Steep improvement until peak. The highest you can get is 500, so they will shoot up to the "majors".

Longetivity Rating: Low Value: Steep decline after peak. This is why you set their peak end four years after their peak start. Since you have this at the lowest possible value, their peak will be the four years they are in college, and since they will suddennly have their ability decrease after their peak according to the settings, they will probably retire. If they don't, you can go to the player editor and click ''retire player''.

Bump tp view

Relish this day..