Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Rosters for BM09

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

2008 Rosters for BM09

ncluded:
    1° Every MLB player that played in 2007 with their real stats (thus some who have had a poor season will have a future peak set at a higher level than their actual performance);
    2° Top 100 Baseball AMERICA's prospects from start of 2008 but adjusted with their real milb stats & progression;
    3° milb.com START of season rankings of each organizations players;
    4° BA's top 20 end of season rankings of each Minor Leagues;
    5° Every trade upto 1 WEEK after opening Day in Japan;
    6° Each team allocated their 2007 Amateur draftees Rounds 1,Supplemental 1st & Round 2
    7° All injuries as close to real life return time date - some players are injured EVEN though the DID play in the 1st week but suffered a major set back (eg Pedro Martinez)

Instructions:
    The first set of instructions is how you would normally go about using my rosters.

1) Unzip the file into your Baseball Mogul 2009 folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Sports Mogul\Baseball 2009).
    2) Open Baseball Mogul 2009.
    3) Select "Start a New Game of Baseball Mogul."
    4) From the dropdown menu next to "Start Year:" select "Custom Universe" and click "Play."
    5) From your Baseball Mogul 2008 folder, select the file you want, either Default.mog (or UpToDate.mog) and click "Open."
    6) Input your name, choose your team, your difficulty level, and whatever other options you'd like and click "Play."

Use these for best results:

1) Unzip the file into your Baseball Mogul 2009 folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Sports Mogul\Baseball 2009).
    2) Open Baseball Mogul 2009.
    3) Select "Resume a Previously Saved Game."
    4) Select either "Opening Day" or "UpToDate" and click "Resume Game."
    5) Go to League > League Editor.
    6) Click "Set All Teams Computer."
    7) From the team dropdown menu, select the team you want to play as.
    8) Under Team Owner, choose the one with the blank space, and enter your name there.
    9) Click "Done."
    10) Go to League > Options.
    11) Uncheck Commissioner Mode.
    12) Start playing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FRENCHREDSOX; 04-20-2008 at 04:42 AM.

Re: 2008 Rosters for BM09

Thanks French!

Question: would current player salaries be included as well?

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox Fan View Post
    Thanks French!

Question: would current player salaries be included as well?
    YES (INCLUDES all extensions like Snell the ONLY problem is as 25 man rosters have NOT as yet been set is those minor league contracts havent been converted to Major league deals ----- °)

Thanks French, great job having this ready for the release.
    PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website:
    http://www.padresfanmods.net

I find the players ratings are too low in 11.04. Alex Rios of Toronto is an 80 and Scott Rolen is an 76. Just two examples.

Across the board player ratings are way off.

How does one edit players who aren't that good? Angel Villalona is apparently a possible 40-40 player who has a peak rating of 68. I'm trying to edit so that his predicted is closer to that, but the game will not let me edit predicted ratings (besides hitting the plus and minus buttons, but those are not very specific). Is there any way I can edit Peak projections?

Just type in the prediction in Commish Mode, that edits peak projections

Quote Originally Posted by KMils View Post
    Angel Villalona is apparently a possible 40-40 player who has a peak rating of 68.
    40-40? what scouting reports do you read?

40-homer potential, yes, but they're already considering moving him to first base because he's growing too fast to stay at third. He isn't fast at all.

when/will you have opening day rosters with 25 man rosters and players that have been waived and rule V draftees that have been sent back and all that stuff??

thanks for your work, by the way...it's been great

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox Fan View Post
    I find the players ratings are too low in 11.04. Alex Rios of Toronto is an 80 and Scott Rolen is an 76. Just two examples.

Across the board player ratings are way off.
    All RATINGS are based on LAST years' stats plus ZiPs projections thrown in - Rolen hit 8 HRs last year & is a .260/.270 hitter with superior D (basically he is now Sean Casey°).Rios is rated an 87 in the game.

There is a PROBLEM with peaks (basically it is randomized) for prospects but that will be sorted within the week when HGM & I release our mog files & 25 day rosters will be set

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    40-40? what scouting reports do you read?

40-homer potential, yes, but they're already considering moving him to first base because he's growing too fast to stay at third. He isn't fast at all.
    It was some random scouting report - I saw his ratings and I was trying to figure out whether he suddenly stopped being good or not. He was my favorite player in BM2008 because he was sickeningly good. Shows what I know, eh?

Ratings don't look terrible (better than mine), and you can edit players who you don't like. Are the salaries 100% accurate? Joe Mauer comes up as a 4m player; pretty sure he has something like 3 years left at 8m/year.

Quote Originally Posted by KMils View Post
    It was some random scouting report - I saw his ratings and I was trying to figure out whether he suddenly stopped being good or not. He was my favorite player in BM2008 because he was sickeningly good. Shows what I know, eh?
    That'd be because whoever editted the file you used in 2k8, had Villalona as that good. He certainly has the potential to be a sickeningly good offensive player, just not when it comes to stolen bases

. Are the salaries 100% accurate? Joe Mauer comes up as a 4m player; pretty sure he has something like 3 years left at 8m/year.
    He has 3 years left at an average of about $9.66 mil, in real life. From, Cot's Baseball Contracts:

08:$6.25M, 09:$10.5M, 10:$12.5M

Please help. I have always wanted to use rosters with current rosters with last years stats instead of somebodys predictions. FRENCHREDSOX did just this. However when I try to download the rosters, intead of getting uptodate or default I get attachment.mog. I start up BM2009 and I try to resume and it says attachment. The rosters are exactly the same. I followed the instructions exactly. Baseball Mogul kicks ***. Please help me download the rosters. Thanks.

Some of the players positions dont make sense. Why is Jacoby Ellsbury a RF, and Alex Cora a 1B, among other positional oddities.

Yeah, the positions are kinda screwy.

Felix Pie a mediocre LF? Theriot in RF?

I haven't checked every team, but in the Cubs's case, the whole organization needs their positions looked at.