Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Dugout: Dynasty Tips and Tricks

Re: The Dugout: Dynasty Tips and Tricks

Thanks again for writing these tips. If anyone has not read the actual dynasties of these fellows, well, you should.

In my dynasty, I have tried to not let the reader know I am playing a game. Outside of the obligatory 2nd post about rules. I dont mention the game or even show screen shots. I hope it adds some realism.

Smile Re: The Dugout: Dynasty Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by OldYankFan View Post

In my dynasty, I have tried to not let the reader know I am playing a game. Outside of the obligatory 2nd post about rules. I dont mention the game or even show screen shots. I hope it adds some realism.
    (whispering) I do the same, OYF...I don't let the reader know that I'm really playing tic-tac-toe., I don't mention the game, nor show screenshots of it, or nuffin...pssst, don't tell anyone, eh?
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by rongar View Post
    (whispering) i do the same, oyf...i don't let the reader know that i'm really playing tic-tac-toe., i don't mention the game, nor show screenshots of it, or nuffin...pssst, don't tell anyone, eh?
    OK, but obviously most people go another way and use those things, by the way you like Xs or Os better?

Smile Re: The Dugout: Dynasty Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by OldYankFan View Post
    OK, but obviously most people go another way and use those things, by the way you like Xs or Os better?
    Either one is fine, but I like Catherine Zeta-Jones, best of all...she lets me win, sometimes.

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Hey guys...I apologize for my ignorance, but now that I've got a dynasty of my own going I have to figure this out.

By reading this helpful thread I see how to make a screenshot...this is what was said:

Go to Tools>Save Screenshot>Mogul folder>copy the image>Upload to photobucket.com or a similar site>copy image link>paste into dynasty with image code [IMG][/IMG]

I understand, but, what/where is the Mogul folder? I know how to take a screenshot, but where the hell does it save itself to?

Also, wouldn't I be able to just attach the image instead of going to photobucket, which I have no idea how to use....ya, I'm not the most computer literate person, haha.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1918redsox View Post
    Hey guys...I apologize for my ignorance, but now that I've got a dynasty of my own going I have to figure this out.

By reading this helpful thread I see how to make a screenshot...this is what was said:

Go to Tools>Save Screenshot>Mogul folder>copy the image>Upload to photobucket.com or a similar site>copy image link>paste into dynasty with image code [IMG][/IMG]

I understand, but, what/where is the Mogul folder? I know how to take a screenshot, but where the hell does it save itself to?

Also, wouldn't I be able to just attach the image instead of going to photobucket, which I have no idea how to use....ya, I'm not the most computer literate person, haha.

Thanks.
    Yeah, it's much easier to just attach the image. I never understood why so many people use photobucket.
    ]

ok...where do I fiind the saved file though??

It should be here:

C:\Baseball Mogul [YEAR]
    Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    For some reason I thought rockies was a big black guy.

I was wrong.
    Back at this dynasty thing again: Resurrecting The Rockies: 2001 Onward

Thumbs up Re: The Dugout: Dynasty Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by 1918redsox View Post

Thanks.
    I feel your pain, 1918, it took me over 2 years to figure out how to attach a screenshot to a post...here's how.

Go to forum where you want to post your ss
    Click on "Post Reply"
    Scroll down to "Manage Attachments"
    Click on Browser
    Select file that you want to upload (i.e. if you want to show a screenshot, say, of the Redsox, then you select that file from your docs)
    Click upload
    When uploading has finished
    Go back to your post and click on the "paperclip" icon (4th from R, on topmost line over the post)
    A link will appear
    Once you "submit" the post, you - or anyone else will be able to view and access your screenshot.

If any problems, contact me.

Hope this helps.

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

Ah beautiful, I think I've figured it out. I'll be putting it to the test today, haha. If something goes wrong I'll be sure to drop you a line Rongar.

Thanks a lot fellas.

Big tip: If you use different color fonts for different teams (blue for Mets, red for Red Sox, purple for Rockies, etc), PLEASE don't use yellow for the Pirates. It's damn near unreadable.
    ]

Thumbs up Re: The Dugout: Dynasty Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by metsguy234 View Post
    Big tip: If you use different color fonts for different teams (blue for Mets, red for Red Sox, purple for Rockies, etc), PLEASE don't use yellow for the Pirates. It's damn near unreadable.
    Thanks for the tip, Metsguy...appreciate you taking the trouble to write about it....

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

If it's been said once, it's been said a thousand times, but I feel that it may need to be said again, this time in big, bold letters:

BEFORE YOU POST THE NEXT PART OF YOUR STORY, USE A WORD PROCESSOR TO CHECK FOR SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKES!!!

If your dynasty is unreadable, people aren't going to follow it. Personally, I have all my dynasties saved in Word documents, where I can identify spelling and grammar errors before I embarrass myself (and draw the ire of BINGLEBOP)

Talking Re: The Dugout: Dynasty Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoOfCouch13 View Post
    If it's been said once, it's been said a thousand times, but I feel that it may need to be said again, this time in big, bold letters:

BEFORE YOU POST THE NEXT PART OF YOUR STORY, USE A WORD PROCESSOR TO CHECK FOR SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKES!!!

If your dynasty is unreadable, people aren't going to follow it. Personally, I have all my dynasties saved in Word documents, where I can identify spelling and grammar errors before I embarrass myself (and draw the ire of BINGLEBOP)
    Ya talkin' to me...?!?!?

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Rongar View Post
    Ya talkin' to me...?!?!?
    No, you're one of the good ones. Not mentioning any names, but they're pretty obvious: numerous mistakes in spelling, grammar, punctuation, et cetera: all of which could be avoided by using Word or something before posting.