Thread: Does anone have a good formula for

Does anone have a good formula for

correlating Negro league stats into MLB stats, for example, what I want to do is this, using BBM recreate the old Negro league Teams and players and then add them to the MLB as it existed during that time. However I am not quite sure how to go about weighting the numbers from the negro leagues so that they realistically correspond to what a negro league player might have done if he had played against MLB talent. Any ideas?
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are .

Re: Does anone have a good formula for

For the more popular players at blackbaseball.com, they list the most comparible players in the majors to that person. Of course, those comparisons might be purely subjective, but at least, it's a start.

--Pet

Quote Originally Posted by petrel View Post
    For the more popular players at blackbaseball.com, they list the most comparible players in the majors to that person. Of course, those comparisons might be purely subjective, but at least, it's a start.

--Pet
    thanks a ton, it will at least be a start, do ou have any other suggestions for refining ? like for example maybe comparing physical attributes of players to determine projected health ratings etc.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are .

Old Time Baseball has at least one Negro League All-Star team. I happen to own one of these but I'm unable to use it at the moment, the only computer that can run it with no problem isn't hooked up.
    New to Baseball Mogul? Need player pics for your historic league? Don't like the default generics? Check out my picture libraries at Baseball SimCentral.

Visit my website (click on my name and scroll down) if SimCentral isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Olsen View Post
    Old Time Baseball has at least one Negro League All-Star team. I happen to own one of these but I'm unable to use it at the moment, the only computer that can run it with no problem isn't hooked up.
    thanks!

Another link from the Negro Leagues Baseball e-museum:

http://www.coe.ksu.edu/nlbemuseum/hi...acplayers.html

At least, you'll get some sketchy statistics from the players as well as a general idea of their longevity.

--Pet

Quote Originally Posted by petrel View Post
    Another link from the Negro Leagues Baseball e-museum:

http://www.coe.ksu.edu/nlbemuseum/hi...acplayers.html

At least, you'll get some sketchy statistics from the players as well as a general idea of their longevity.

--Pet
    i think I am gonna try a few players and post m factors, see what comments I get to help tweak em after a few sims.

Good idea. I'm with ya.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann